Millions of baby spiders rain down in New South Wales, Australia.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2015, 09:19 AM
RE: Millions of baby spiders rain down in New South Wales, Australia.
(18-05-2015 08:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Was at my friend's house last weekend. BIG BIG wolf spidey in their garage ... very furry. We annoyed it. Tongue

Ha! My friend got bit by a hobo spider. Fucker lunged at her.

Actually made her sick. But they're meaty looking too.

#shivers

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2015, 09:25 AM
(18-05-2015 09:19 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 08:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Was at my friend's house last weekend. BIG BIG wolf spidey in their garage ... very furry. We annoyed it. Tongue

Ha! My friend got bit by a hobo spider. Fucker lunged at her.

Actually made her sick. But they're meaty looking too.

#shivers

Hobo spider?

[googles]
The hobo spider is a member of the genus of spiders known colloquially as funnel web spiders, but not to be confused with the Australian funnel-web spider.
[/googles]

So you guys are now trying to pass off inferior funnel-webs now?

Tsk, tsk, tsk

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-05-2015, 09:25 AM
That would be cool to see ... the webs alone are fascinating. I like most spiders - they eat other insects I don't care for. They are generally afraid of humans.

Didn't much care for the 2 Black Widdow attacks on my ankles a couple years ago. Burned like a motherfucker... in "Z" formation, no less. Still, that was a rarity, most spiders in the US are harmless ... Brown Recluse is probably the main one to avoid. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-05-2015, 09:27 AM
(18-05-2015 09:25 AM)kim Wrote:  That would be cool to see ... the webs alone are fascinating. I like most spiders - they eat other insects I don't care for. They are generally afraid of humans.

Didn't much care for the 2 Black Widdow attacks on my ankles a couple years ago. Burned like a motherfucker... in "Z" formation, no less. Still, that was a rarity, most spiders in the US are harmless ... Brown Recluse is probably the main one to avoid. Shy

Luckily Brown Recluses are very very rare in my neck of the woods, they say like 99% of Michigan Residents will go their entire life without seeing one in the wild.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-05-2015, 09:44 AM
(18-05-2015 09:27 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 09:25 AM)kim Wrote:  That would be cool to see ... the webs alone are fascinating. I like most spiders - they eat other insects I don't care for. They are generally afraid of humans.

Luckily Brown Recluses are very very rare in my neck of the woods, they say like 99% of Michigan Residents will go their entire life without seeing one in the wild.

I've seen a couple of BR in my house a long time ago. I don't think they survived to procreate. Confused Hopefully.

As long as I don't see them all over the place, I don't have a problem with spiders in my house. I really don't have any bugs though so, they wouldn't have a reason to stick around. Consider Maybe I don't have any bugs ... because ... my house is infested with spiders.

Undecided

I'm gonna stop thinking now.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-05-2015, 09:46 AM
(18-05-2015 09:44 AM)kim Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 09:27 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Luckily Brown Recluses are very very rare in my neck of the woods, they say like 99% of Michigan Residents will go their entire life without seeing one in the wild.

I've seen a couple of BR in my house a long time ago. I don't think they survived to procreate. Confused Hopefully.

As long as I don't see them all over the place, I don't have a problem with spiders in my house. I really don't have any bugs though so, they wouldn't have a reason to stick around. Consider Maybe I don't have any bugs ... because ... my house is infested with spiders.

Undecided

I'm gonna stop thinking now.

That red hour-glass on their backs is so cool ... like "Wow, just like they say it's supposed to look", (Black Widows).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-05-2015, 09:51 AM
My Black Widdow bites ... I got them at work ... they nested in a truck, under the dash.

So. Not. Good. No

18-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Wolf spiders are amazing mothers.

[Image: gNNY6aK.gif]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
18-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Re: Millions of baby spiders rain down in New South Wales, Australia.
In my yard.    
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
18-05-2015, 11:00 AM
(18-05-2015 10:17 AM)mecanna Wrote:  In my yard.

When I lived in a Washington I used to enjoy hiking Mt St. Helen looking for wolf spiders. The areas with all the fallen dead trees from the mudslide that happened during the eruption seemed to be a hot spot for cool bugs. Wolf spiders especially are fascinating.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post