Milwaukee - Rioting Cunts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2016, 06:06 PM
RE: Milwaukee - Rioting Cunts
(17-08-2016 05:15 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Whereas the coverage from the fascist right is always spot on, huh?
I don't remember saying anything about left or right. I condemned the mainstream media, which includes both left-wing outlets like CNN and right-wing outlets like Fox News.

(17-08-2016 05:15 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Here's the result of a public records search of this "long criminal record."

http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/sylville-s...er-family/

Quote:A search of Wisconsin court records revealed several arrests, but only one misdemeanor conviction for Sylville Smith. His record also included traffic offenses. No felony convictions were found.

The misdemeanor conviction, for carrying a concealed weapon, came in July 2014. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was fined $443 and ordered to serve one day in jail.

His record also included guilty findings on traffic offenses for speeding, operating a motor vehicle without insurance, possession of open intoxicants in a motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.

You do understand that there is a difference between "arrest" and "conviction," right? This guy was hardly John Dillinger.

And I'm still waiting for those videos of the shooting because the cops have long since forfeited their right to be taken at their word.
Well, depending on the state, a criminal record can also include misdemeanors and traffic violations, not just felony convictions. He was no John Dillinger, sure, but he also wasn't an upstanding citizen who got shot by the police on account of his skin color.

He was shot because he was stupid enough to run from a traffic stop and then point a gun (which was stolen during a burglary earlier this year, by the way) at a police officer after being told to put it down.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
17-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Police in the US fatally shot more people in one month in 2015 than police in Australia officially reported during a span of 19 years.

[Image: 74afa3e0_4ec5_4cf4_b665_b23c3d4a16e6_620x500.jpg]

—And people wonder why the rest of the world sees the Americans as "gun happy"? Even more pathetic is the fact that the US makes jokes about our Aussie gun laws, and says they'd never be introduced into the US because there's "zero evidence" they work as intended. The statistics don't lie.

Sad

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
17-08-2016, 07:02 PM
(17-08-2016 04:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 04:12 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  According to Heavy.com, he only has one criminal conviction, a misdemeanor conviction for carrying a concealed weapon. He was arrested for a couple of felonies but the charges were either dropped or dismissed.

The rest of his "lengthy criminal record" is a litany of traffic tickets.

Unsavory? Sure. Headed down the wrong road? Almost certainly.

Worthy of shooting? I don't know.

I think we have to wait for the video. If any person pulls a gun on any cop, s/he is going to get shot.

No argument here. I'm just pointing out that past criminal record is no justification, especially when it's this light.

Seems like most of these shootings, the first thing hitting the media is the victim's criminal record ... never mind the fact that that is absolutely irrelevant. Even if the cop knows it (and most times they don't, I suspect), the facts are that 1) police aren't empowered to execute any sentence, and 2) they aren't empowered to judge anything but the situation at hand.
17-08-2016, 07:32 PM
(17-08-2016 06:55 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Police in the US fatally shot more people in one month in 2015 than police in Australia officially reported during a span of 19 years.

—And people wonder why the rest of the world sees the Americans as "gun happy"? Even more pathetic is the fact that the US makes jokes about our Aussie gun laws, and says they'd never be introduced into the US because there's "zero evidence" they work as intended. The statistics don't lie.

Sad

Except that the IACP generally support gun control measures, precisely because police officers face the brunt of loose gun laws. American police would likely support Australian-style gun laws.

I think you chose the wrong statistic to support your argument. American police aren't "gun-happy"; some American police officers are, for reasons ranging from lack of suitable training to outright bigotry. But I don't think it's because they want more guns on the street.
17-08-2016, 08:09 PM
(17-08-2016 06:55 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Police in the US fatally shot more people in one month in 2015 than police in Australia officially reported during a span of 19 years.

Sad

Yabut, you guys pick up your litter on the way out of a protest, instead of turning over police cars and setting them on fire. Or is that Canadians? Consider

As far as whether "the US" makes jokes about Australia's gun laws, I think that you would find that that portion of the population is pretty small, in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-08-2016, 08:33 PM
(17-08-2016 06:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  He was shot because he was stupid enough to run from a traffic stop and then point a gun (which was stolen during a burglary earlier this year, by the way) at a police officer after being told to put it down.

When all the facts come out (I don’t think we will ever really know what really happened in those few seconds before the officer fired) and they substantially say that the deceased did have gun, did not obey the officer and then threatened the officer with said weapon then I feel the officer had a duty to protect himself.

I really feel for LEOs, damn if you do, dead if you don’t.

From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/opinion/co.../88761866/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
17-08-2016, 09:03 PM
(17-08-2016 08:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  He was shot because he was stupid enough to run from a traffic stop and then point a gun (which was stolen during a burglary earlier this year, by the way) at a police officer after being told to put it down.

When all the facts come out (I don’t think we will ever really know what really happened in those few seconds before the officer fired) and they substantially say that the deceased did have gun, did not obey the officer and then threatened the officer with said weapon then I feel the officer had a duty to protect himself.

I really feel for LEOs, damn if you do, dead if you don’t.

From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/opinion/co.../88761866/

I've seen training videos for LEOs. The training looks at the amount of time it takes for a person to get in a position to kill/injure the officer. There is a very small window of opportunity for the officer to defend him/herself before being attacked, and that includes knives, bats, wrenches, broken bottles, etc., not just guns.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-08-2016, 09:38 PM
(17-08-2016 04:12 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 10:32 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The mainstream media's dishonest coverage of these riots has been absolutely disgusting. This is the guy they're rioting over (unsurprisingly, he had a long criminal record):

[Image: Kv79sD.jpg]

According to Heavy.com, he only has one criminal conviction, a misdemeanor conviction for carrying a concealed weapon. He was arrested for a couple of felonies but the charges were either dropped or dismissed.

The rest of his "lengthy criminal record" is a litany of traffic tickets.

Unsavory? Sure. Headed down the wrong road? Almost certainly.

Worthy of shooting? I don't know.

His felony was dropped after witness intimidation that resulted in the witnes recanting and becoming uncooperative with the police. He was charged with witness tampering, but that was unable to be made to stick as well. It is easy to look up his record here:
https://wcca.wicourts.gov/

Since I've used that site a lot (I'm from Wisconsin and use it to check on people I do business with), you can see the history of various charges by clicking on "view history and details of charges" for each listing.

The current police report was that he ran when confronted by police and turned around with a gun he stole in a recent robbery in his hand. If this additional reporting by the police is true, then he truly was a menace to the community.

Whatever the full set of facts are in this case, rioting would be a premature act, and rioting to blame this incident on white people makes no sense in light of facts that are not in dispute (no white people involved in shooting in any way).
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post
18-08-2016, 05:28 AM
(17-08-2016 09:38 PM)BryanS Wrote:  His felony was dropped after witness intimidation that resulted in the witnes recanting and becoming uncooperative with the police. He was charged with witness tampering, but that was unable to be made to stick as well. It is easy to look up his record here:
https://wcca.wicourts.gov/

Since I've used that site a lot (I'm from Wisconsin and use it to check on people I do business with), you can see the history of various charges by clicking on "view history and details of charges" for each listing.

Yes, he has one criminal conviction, as I already said.

Treating filed charges and arrests as convictions, and assuming that a conviction would have resulted from any prosecution, is unjustified. You baldly assert that one felony was dropped due to intimidation as if the intimidation was proven -- and then turn 'round right away and acknowledge that the intimidation charge has not been proven.

(17-08-2016 09:38 PM)BryanS Wrote:  The current police report was that he ran when confronted by police and turned around with a gun he stole in a recent robbery in his hand. If this additional reporting by the police is true, then he truly was a menace to the community.

It means he was a menace to that police officer, which is justification enough.

(17-08-2016 09:38 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Whatever the full set of facts are in this case, rioting would be a premature act, and rioting to blame this incident on white people makes no sense in light of facts that are not in dispute (no white people involved in shooting in any way).

I'm not sure why you're directing this point at me in response to my post.
18-08-2016, 06:42 AM
Citing his criminal record is monday morning quarterbacking.....

His record means shit -- diddly fuck - to the officer who was chasing the fucker.....

He ran from the cops - then when cornered pulled out a gun.

It's not the same as a standoff situation -- where nobody's actually in close quarters pointing guns at each other -- and it's chickenshit to infer that they're the same and the only reason he was shot is because he was black...........

He was shot - by a black officer - because he threatened that officer's life.

Fuck the punk -- he knew the rules - he fucking lost.

Get over it.

I feel bad for the officer - as he has to live with the cunts...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post