Milwaukee - Rioting Cunts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 07:05 AM
RE: Milwaukee - Rioting Cunts
I see a lot of emphasis on the race of the officer. It doesn't matter. Some of the worst offenders in incidents bad police behavior in the black communities are actually black officers.

The problem, entirely aside from this particular case, is not so much the race of the individual officers, as the relationship between the police force and the black community. This results in an overall posture that views members of the black community as the enemy. Even when innocent, they are viewed as likely criminals who have merely not committed their first crimes. A posture that is shared by officers both black and white. This is what defines the police/community relationships in some of these areas.

There is no trust between both sides. It's easy to see why a riot can happen, without necessarily endorsing or supporting it.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
18-08-2016, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2016 03:55 PM by Dom.)
(18-08-2016 07:05 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I see a lot of emphasis on the race of the officer. It doesn't matter. Some of the worst offenders in incidents bad police behavior in the black communities are actually black officers.

The problem, entirely aside from this particular case, is not so much the race of the individual officers, as the relationship between the police force and the black community. This results in an overall posture that views members of the black community as the enemy. Even when innocent, they are viewed as likely criminals who have merely not committed their first crimes. A posture that is shared by officers both black and white. This is what defines the police/community relationships in some of these areas.

There is no trust between both sides. It's easy to see why a riot can happen, without necessarily endorsing or supporting it.

Race is what blinds people to the actual issue: The socio-economic environment some people are born into. The lack of education and opportunity for some.

This doesn't just apply to some black communities, but also other poor segments of the population.

Riots are not the answer. Political activism is.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
18-08-2016, 07:15 AM
You're right... there's no issue with the officer's race.

The issue is cunts who want a license to riot.

Fuck them.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-08-2016, 03:17 PM
This kid appears to have pulled a gun on a cop and was shot for it. As far as I can tell, race in no way enters into that equation. Police officers have a right to defend their lives against an armed person. Period. Full stop. End of sentence.

As near as I can tell, this kid was on a path that would some day lead to becoming swiss cheese, either at the hands of a cop or of some other misguided punk with a gun. The protesters have no standing, here, unless some radically different facts come to light.

That said, there was a TV show a few years back called, "Why Do They Run?", which showed COPS-like footage of police chases.

Even before I saw the Injustice System from the inside, I knew that the answer wasn't necessarily that they were criminals. If you've lived your whole life watching a litany of evidence and hearing testimony from your friends, family, and neighbors that tells you that you cannot trust police or the justice system to be fair, or even reasonable, then you have every reason to run or to fight back even knowing it will end your life.

We who are not from the hood take it for granted that if we simply submit to arrest and Due Process in the court system, that we will be exonerated from any false accusations or punished in a way that is proportionate to what we actually did. The reality is that for many Americans, they cannot take that for granted, and must assume the opposite.

Backing off from our present approach to law enforcement and punishment will save the lives of officers by restoring that community trust in the system, which needs a desperate overhaul.

I beg any of you who have doubts about the things I am talking about, here, to read a book written by a conservative attorney (so you don't think it's liberal propaganda) and a Reagan-cabinet economist about how our justice system has changed-- or rather, how it was always bad for some people but then expanded so we are all potentially impacted by how the corruption that was first applied to minority communities has now metastasized into a full-blown cancer of the system.

The book is The Tyranny of Good Intentions: How Prosecutors and Law Enforcement Are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice, by Dr. Paul Craig Roberts and Robert M. Stratton.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
18-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Quote:He was shot because he was stupid enough to run from a traffic stop and then point a gun (which was stolen during a burglary earlier this year, by the way) at a police officer after being told to put it down.

Yeah, yeah....so the cops say. The cops say lots of things. Like this collection of scumbags in Chicago.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/.../88946822/

Quote:Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said Thursday he is recommending the firing of seven police officers accused of filing false reports in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager, Laquan McDonald, by a fellow officer two years ago.

Let me tell you something, pal. The "police officer" is not your friend. They've acquired this warrior mentality where their prime allegiance is to their buddies.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
19-08-2016, 12:19 AM
In court, a police officer's testimony is granted is granted more weight than a civilian's.
19-08-2016, 05:39 AM
Smartass
(19-08-2016 12:19 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  In court, a police officer's testimony is granted is granted more weight than a civilian's.

Under what statute??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-08-2016, 09:15 AM
(18-08-2016 03:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That said, there was a TV show a few years back called, "Why Do They Run?", which showed COPS-like footage of police chases.

Even before I saw the Injustice System from the inside, I knew that the answer wasn't necessarily that they were criminals. If you've lived your whole life watching a litany of evidence and hearing testimony from your friends, family, and neighbors that tells you that you cannot trust police or the justice system to be fair, or even reasonable, then you have every reason to run or to fight back even knowing it will end your life.

Running is one thing. Maybe even an understandable and defensible thing. Pulling a gun and pointing it a police officer, however, is another matter entirely.

Anyway, reading some of the posts here reminds me of this:

[Image: Office-Space-Jump-Conclusions.jpg]

Everyone is assuming facts not in evidence. We don't know what happened yet. We only know the police version of what happened. There is reportedly a video and the police still have not released it. If the shooting was as clean as they claim it is, what is the hold up here? Why not just make it public? Transparency is your friend.

There is no justification for burning down your own neighborhood or calls to violence to burn down the places other people live. But, I don't agree with the OP's assumption that the police automatically deserve the benefit of the doubt. They have shown far too many times that they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing justifies rioting and violence like this, but I reserve judgment on the actual shooting until more facts are known.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
19-08-2016, 09:16 AM
(18-08-2016 03:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  This kid appears to have pulled a gun on a cop and was shot for it. As far as I can tell, race in no way enters into that equation. Police officers have a right to defend their lives against an armed person. Period. Full stop. End of sentence.

As near as I can tell, this kid was on a path that would some day lead to becoming swiss cheese, either at the hands of a cop or of some other misguided punk with a gun. The protesters have no standing, here, unless some radically different facts come to light.

That said, there was a TV show a few years back called, "Why Do They Run?", which showed COPS-like footage of police chases.

We who are not from the hood take it for granted that if we simply submit to arrest and Due Process in the court system, that we will be exonerated from any false accusations or punished in a way that is proportionate to what we actually did. The reality is that for many Americans, they cannot take that for granted, and must assume the opposite.

Backing off from our present approach to law enforcement and punishment will save the lives of officers by restoring that community trust in the system, which needs a desperate overhaul.

I beg any of you who have doubts about the things I am talking about, here, to read a book written by a conservative attorney (so you don't think it's liberal propaganda) and a Reagan-cabinet economist about how our justice system has changed-- or rather, how it was always bad for some people but then expanded so we are all potentially impacted by how the corruption that was first applied to minority communities has now metastasized into a full-blown cancer of the system.

The book is The Tyranny of Good Intentions: How Prosecutors and Law Enforcement Are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice, by Dr. Paul Craig Roberts and Robert M. Stratton.

I think we are in agreement on this Milwaukee dude. Barring footage that contradicts the police account. Alas, not far-fetched.

That aside, police work by its definition is fraught with high risk. The loss of lives, including innocent ones, has been, and continues to be justified, almost automatically, because of this risk. I have not seen any discussion of how much of this risk society should accept to be passed along to innocent victims. Where do you draw the line?

It seems predicated entirely on the officer's perception of threat. It becomes more dangerous, for certain types, including innocent ones, the more scared an officer is. Is there a point when the risk to an innocent victim is unacceptable, even if an officer is scared?

Paul Craig Roberts has some wack conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook, Charlie Hebdo and the Orlando attacks. That does not automatically mean he is wrong about the justice system. But it's difficult to ignore. Anyhow, I find am always learning a lot from your shared perspectives.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
19-08-2016, 10:01 AM
(19-08-2016 09:15 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 03:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That said, there was a TV show a few years back called, "Why Do They Run?", which showed COPS-like footage of police chases.

Running is one thing. Maybe even an understandable and defensible thing. Pulling a gun and pointing it a police officer, however, is another matter entirely.

Anyway, reading some of the posts here reminds me of this:

[Image: Office-Space-Jump-Conclusions.jpg]

Everyone is assuming facts not in evidence. We don't know what happened yet. We only know the police version of what happened. There is reportedly a video and the police still have not released it. If the shooting was as clean as they claim it is, what is the hold up here? Why not just make it public? Transparency is your friend.

There is no justification for burning down your own neighborhood or calls to violence to burn down the places other people live. But, I don't agree with the OP's assumption that the police automatically deserve the benefit of the doubt. They have shown far too many times that they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing justifies rioting and violence like this, but I reserve judgment on the actual shooting until more facts are known.

I think the reason for the delay in releasing the video is that it gets passed to a couple of places first, and most likely gets tested for tampering several times before being released to the public.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man