Milwaukee - Rioting Cunts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2016, 11:20 AM
RE: Milwaukee - Rioting Cunts
(19-08-2016 09:15 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 03:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That said, there was a TV show a few years back called, "Why Do They Run?", which showed COPS-like footage of police chases.

Even before I saw the Injustice System from the inside, I knew that the answer wasn't necessarily that they were criminals. If you've lived your whole life watching a litany of evidence and hearing testimony from your friends, family, and neighbors that tells you that you cannot trust police or the justice system to be fair, or even reasonable, then you have every reason to run or to fight back even knowing it will end your life.

Running is one thing. Maybe even an understandable and defensible thing. Pulling a gun and pointing it a police officer, however, is another matter entirely.

Anyway, reading some of the posts here reminds me of this:

[Image: Office-Space-Jump-Conclusions.jpg]

Everyone is assuming facts not in evidence. We don't know what happened yet. We only know the police version of what happened. There is reportedly a video and the police still have not released it. If the shooting was as clean as they claim it is, what is the hold up here? Why not just make it public? Transparency is your friend.

There is no justification for burning down your own neighborhood or calls to violence to burn down the places other people live. But, I don't agree with the OP's assumption that the police automatically deserve the benefit of the doubt. They have shown far too many times that they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing justifies rioting and violence like this, but I reserve judgment on the actual shooting until more facts are known.

Wow, BnW... I appreciate how handily you cut out part of my post, above, and then proceeded to say almost exactly what I said, as if I hadn't said it. Angry

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2016, 11:36 AM
(19-08-2016 09:16 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I think we are in agreement on this Milwaukee dude. Barring footage that contradicts the police account. Alas, not far-fetched.

That aside, police work by its definition is fraught with high risk. The loss of lives, including innocent ones, has been, and continues to be justified, almost automatically, because of this risk. I have not seen any discussion of how much of this risk society should accept to be passed along to innocent victims. Where do you draw the line?

It seems predicated entirely on the officer's perception of threat. It becomes more dangerous, for certain types, including innocent ones, the more scared an officer is. Is there a point when the risk to an innocent victim is unacceptable, even if an officer is scared?

Paul Craig Roberts has some wack conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook, Charlie Hebdo and the Orlando attacks. That does not automatically mean he is wrong about the justice system. But it's difficult to ignore. Anyhow, I find am always learning a lot from your shared perspectives.

The problem, of course, is that any officer can (and does) claim to have been scared for his life, even in cases where it is clear that they had no cause-- say, a security camera view turns up, or a neighbor is filming as the cop shoots a guy in the back and then plants a gun, for instance. The police are public servants, paid to place their lives in danger on a voluntary basis. I don't want any police officer harmed, ever, but I think it is preferable that one of them loses their lives than to have all of us be in danger of being shot by an aggressive and/or under-trained cop and then having it covered up to protect the system.

I am of course NOT repeat NOT saying that I think most cops are corrupt or trying to harm anyone unnecessarily. I am well aware that even the best of intentions can sometimes go wrong, especially in a culture of policing that demands submission from subjects, rather than cooperation from equal citizens, and is more prone to covering up a problem rather than coming clean with it (the "thin blue line")... I simply think our approach to policing lends itself to such mistakes, and we all potentially pay the price-- against our will, as opposed to volunteering for it. On behalf of the lives of both the officers and the citizens who are harmed in myriad ways by the current approach to crime and punishment, I want to see better policing and courts here in the USA, more in line with the rest of the First World.

And yes, I saw some of the wacky stuff he said about government cover-ups, in recent years... even with some 9/11 "truther" stuff. But I read Tyranny while working as a prison law clerk, quite familiar with the cases he mentions in the book, and the effects they have on defendants. I was quite ready to reject his premises (some I did not find sound, such as his rant against the New Deal in the book), but the book nevertheless points out several true and important things most Americans don't know about the way their justice system has changed over the recent few decades, and need to know. There are many other ways to learn this stuff, but just like I recommend the inferior Dr. Collins book on evolution rather than Dr. Coyne's because the former is a Christian and the latter is an atheist, I picked the conservative's book so I was not suspected of "liberal bias".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
19-08-2016, 01:01 PM
(19-08-2016 05:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Smartass
(19-08-2016 12:19 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  In court, a police officer's testimony is granted is granted more weight than a civilian's.

Under what statute??

By practice, not statute. Fight a traffic ticket one day.
19-08-2016, 02:03 PM
(19-08-2016 09:15 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 03:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That said, there was a TV show a few years back called, "Why Do They Run?", which showed COPS-like footage of police chases.

Even before I saw the Injustice System from the inside, I knew that the answer wasn't necessarily that they were criminals. If you've lived your whole life watching a litany of evidence and hearing testimony from your friends, family, and neighbors that tells you that you cannot trust police or the justice system to be fair, or even reasonable, then you have every reason to run or to fight back even knowing it will end your life.

Running is one thing. Maybe even an understandable and defensible thing. Pulling a gun and pointing it a police officer, however, is another matter entirely.

Anyway, reading some of the posts here reminds me of this:

[Image: Office-Space-Jump-Conclusions.jpg]

Everyone is assuming facts not in evidence. We don't know what happened yet. We only know the police version of what happened. There is reportedly a video and the police still have not released it. If the shooting was as clean as they claim it is, what is the hold up here? Why not just make it public? Transparency is your friend.

There is no justification for burning down your own neighborhood or calls to violence to burn down the places other people live. But, I don't agree with the OP's assumption that the police automatically deserve the benefit of the doubt. They have shown far too many times that they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing justifies rioting and violence like this, but I reserve judgment on the actual shooting until more facts are known.
Wait a second... isn't that the "jump to conclusions" mat from Office Space? Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
19-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Just an update, Medical Examiner says suspect shot in chest and arm.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/natio...story.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-wiscon...SKCN10U21I

https://www.rt.com/usa/356538-autopsy-mi...-shooting/

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
20-08-2016, 05:31 AM
(19-08-2016 05:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Just an update, Medical Examiner says suspect shot in chest and arm.

Good deal.

Sounds like Chicago PD still stresses marksmanship.

None of this 74 rounds expended with 3 hit shit, like we've seen in NYC..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-08-2016, 07:26 AM
(20-08-2016 05:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 05:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Just an update, Medical Examiner says suspect shot in chest and arm.

Good deal.

Chicago PD? This was in Milwaukee remember?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
20-08-2016, 09:31 AM
(19-08-2016 11:20 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wow, BnW... I appreciate how handily you cut out part of my post, above, and then proceeded to say almost exactly what I said, as if I hadn't said it. Angry

Blink

I'm honestly not sure what I did wrong here. What I do?

(19-08-2016 02:03 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Wait a second... isn't that the "jump to conclusions" mat from Office Space? Laugh out load

[Image: OfficeSpace_184Pyxurz.jpg]

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
20-08-2016, 10:49 AM
(20-08-2016 07:26 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(20-08-2016 05:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Good deal.

Chicago PD? This was in Milwaukee remember?

LOL... I just gotta email from a friend in Chicago - so my brain did some unnecessary adding.....

Big Grin

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-08-2016, 10:50 AM
(20-08-2016 10:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-08-2016 07:26 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Chicago PD? This was in Milwaukee remember?

LOL... I just gotta email from a friend in Chicago - so my brain did some unnecessary adding.....

Big Grin

Big Grin

Ah! Haha that happens, no disrespect to Chicago PD of course