Mind=blown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: Mind=blown
(22-06-2016 12:46 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I don't understand why so many modern Christians want to make a big deal out of being martyred or persecuted for their beliefs. It's a big red flag that maybe they are wrong, how can they expect to convince anyone they are right and to join them as a Christian when they are being treated so badly all the time? Of course they're just making that shit up and most people actually agree with them but you cant' really expect others to join up when they're crying about every damn law that tries to treat everyone equally. I'd rather stay away because they are morally abhorrent jerks but also who wants to be martyred? I'd rather live for my beliefs than die for some imaginary god myth, thanks.

The people who died under the Mongols were not martyrs. Usually innocent civilians ruled by people who thought themselves great.

The Mongols had no care about other religions provided the citizens paid tax and bowed to the great khan. The numbers of deaths are unknown. Certainly in the millions across Korea, China, India, the middle east, eastern Europe, the Ottomans etc etc.

We simply don't know. Anyone saying they do is lying.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Sorry, not even going to bother to read it... but I dare say:

Does this inaccurate study also include Christian persecution of Christians? If not, they can go fuck themselves. -Drops mic-

This kind'a shit pisses me off. It pissed me off even when i was one of them. There's no need to bloat numbers or even pull numbers from past massacres (faked or not) that belong to an age where Christianity back then was not what it is Now. Xtians do get persecuted in the modern day. Many do die, just not in obscene death tolls of 100,000 or so. I would wager that the majority of Xtian death tolls in the modern day is actually from Xtian on Xtian violence between sects and denominations - just like the inter fighting with the Muslims.

The victim card is played so badly when they do this that I'm sure they're going over the credit limit, every time.
But, what do I care. I'm charging them 30% interest and when I call for it to be due, they better pay it - after all, they feel debt is evil (unless you're repaying said debt by being a slave *cough* sorry, indentured servant.) The Vatican will have to face foreclosure some time.
23-06-2016, 10:12 AM
(23-06-2016 09:35 AM)Einharjar Wrote:  Sorry, not even going to bother to read it... but I dare say:

Does this inaccurate study also include Christian persecution of Christians? If not, they can go fuck themselves. -Drops mic-

This kind'a shit pisses me off. It pissed me off even when i was one of them. There's no need to bloat numbers or even pull numbers from past massacres (faked or not) that belong to an age where Christianity back then was not what it is Now. Xtians do get persecuted in the modern day. Many do die, just not in obscene death tolls of 100,000 or so. I would wager that the majority of Xtian death tolls in the modern day is actually from Xtian on Xtian violence between sects and denominations - just like the inter fighting with the Muslims.

The victim card is played so badly when they do this that I'm sure they're going over the credit limit, every time.
But, what do I care. I'm charging them 30% interest and when I call for it to be due, they better pay it - after all, they feel debt is evil (unless you're repaying said debt by being a slave *cough* sorry, indentured servant.) The Vatican will have to face foreclosure some time.

In reality:

Last year was the most violent for Christians in modern history, rising to "a level akin to ethnic cleansing," according to a new report by Open Doors USA, a watchdog group that advocates for Christians.

In total, the survey found that more than 7,100 Christians were killed in 2015 for "faith-related reasons," up 3,000 from the previous year, according to the group's analysis of media reports and other public information as well as external experts. Open Door's report is independently audited by the International Institute of Religious Freedom.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/17/world/...tion-2015/