Mindfullness.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 12:19 PM
RE: Mindfullness.....
(02-05-2016 12:01 PM)kim Wrote:  I've noticed a lot of people flocking to meditation and guided meditations, recently. I never could get into those guided ones - I don't like other people in my head. Dodgy

Mindfulness seems to be a great introduction to deep meditation. If nothing else, it's a great way to learn to harness your own mind and gain control of your thoughts.

Here's Headspace: https://www.headspace.com
I have no idea what it does (assume it trains you via exercises, to wrangle your thoughts) - never tried it (though I plan to) - people seem to get something out of it.

I'm sure there are many more but this one has a free trial for their app.
I just prefer the old fashioned way - I just sit and blank my mind and relax my body. It gets me there.
Or I paint. Same place. Shy
I heard of that from Penn Jillette ' podcast. I downloaded the app but haven't tried it yet.

Overall I've done it somewhat. Not only just meditative but mindful walking or mindful stream of consciousness writing cam leas to thrilling mental situations as well.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2016, 12:24 PM
(02-05-2016 12:13 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  It's not about putting your mind in blank."."but noticing your thoughts and letting them go and focusing on your breath....

When "noticing thoughts and letting them go" ... 'blank' is my personal term for doing that ... and 'relax the body' is my personal phrase for focusing on breath (among other things). Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-05-2016, 12:32 PM
(02-05-2016 09:54 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  Wow.....I just tried sitting quietly and noticing my breath and my thoughts. And I felt a lot of peace, serenity and calmness.....I might try this 2-3 times a day.... do any of you practice mindfulness? And has it helped you???

I use it to get to sleep most nights.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post