Mindfulness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Mindfulness
Does anyone here practice mindfulness? Lately I've been trying to change some emotional habits, and I've found that I've become more confident/patient than I was before. The main habit I'm trying to change currently is getting frustrated by stupid people, and minor things in general.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
01-11-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: Mindfulness
(01-11-2015 04:49 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Does anyone here practice mindfulness? Lately I've been trying to change some emotional habits, and I've found that I've become more confident/patient than I was before. The main habit I'm trying to change currently is getting frustrated by stupid people, and minor things in general.

I have friend who does and it's been wonderful for her. She's made huge changes and stuck to them...she is definitely happier this way than the scattered way she was.

Ive tried and did ok, but then just slipped back into old habits.

Listening to calming music in the car has helped me tho not scream as much at stupid people on the road.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Serenity Now!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
01-11-2015, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 05:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-11-2015 04:49 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Does anyone here practice mindfulness?

It is practice and training for mindlessness. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-11-2015, 05:34 PM
I've heard of this, and it works for some people. Processing that everyone is undergoing some type of battle in life, and that's why they may act the way they do, has helped me a lot in dealing with difficult people, etc.

Be true to yourself. Heart
01-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Back in the day we called it "Be Here Now."

#sigh
01-11-2015, 05:43 PM
In the service - they called it Dilligaf...............

It worked for me...

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
01-11-2015, 05:50 PM
(01-11-2015 05:43 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In the service - they called it Dilligaf...............

It worked for me...

Smile

Same thing.

#sigh
01-11-2015, 07:13 PM
A little bit here and there, but not to any type of meditative state.

What I thought this thread might of been about is how lately there has been some talking over some scientific report that demonstrated practicing mindfulness can lead to less reliable memory. As in the people have more trouble than others recalling what happened to them in a memory vs fabricated or came from things they just thought up.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson