Mindgasm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Mindgasm
I was driving to the gym this morning before work. And you’d think that nothing interesting could happen in a daily routine. But today was a bit different and I just wanted to share it with you.
I live in Auckland, New Zealand. There’s an awesome Harbour Bridge here. It’s big, really big. And when you are on top of it you can see the city centre with the Sky Tower. It’s a really pretty. This morning though it was really foggy, like scary foggy, can’t see anything past 10 meters. So the traffic is kinda slow, even at 6 am, and I’m on top of the bridge and can’t see even a glint of the Sky Tower. Suddenly I had this overwhelming joy, happiness thinking how lucky I am to be on this Planet, on the other side of the world from where I was actually born. How beautiful this life is, even when you can’t see much. All of that happened within a millisecond. It was like I zoomed out from the Harbour Bridge, Auckland, passing by Siberia, and went all the way up to see the Planet from space.
Then I went all the way back to my car thinking that probably I should pay attention to the road. But it was one of the best mindgasms I have ever had. It’s so hard to explain, but I think you all know what I mean.
I was so happy all day today, and I just wanted to share my happiness with you and a couple of videos, that mademe smileSmile
About mindgasms http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...6w2M50_Xdk
About joy of doing nothingSmile
http://www.ted.com/talks/gavin_pretor_pi...f_joy.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Happy's post
29-07-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: Mindgasm
You're happy about driving in Auckland traffic?

You on crack?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
29-07-2013, 08:05 PM
(29-07-2013 07:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're happy about driving in Auckland traffic?

You on crack?

Oh, don’t’ be so cynicalSmile
30-07-2013, 03:14 AM
Probably just some good weed. That's my guess. Then again, I've never done crack.

30-07-2013, 03:28 AM
Sounds ecstatic, in the real sense.

Good thing you weren't on public transport. You might think you fell in love with a stranger. :-)

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
30-07-2013, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 05:28 PM by Luminon.)
(29-07-2013 07:21 PM)Happy Wrote:  I was driving to the gym this morning before work. And you’d think that nothing interesting could happen in a daily routine. But today was a bit different and I just wanted to share it with you.
I live in Auckland, New Zealand. There’s an awesome Harbour Bridge here. It’s big, really big. And when you are on top of it you can see the city centre with the Sky Tower. It’s a really pretty. This morning though it was really foggy, like scary foggy, can’t see anything past 10 meters. So the traffic is kinda slow, even at 6 am, and I’m on top of the bridge and can’t see even a glint of the Sky Tower. Suddenly I had this overwhelming joy, happiness thinking how lucky I am to be on this Planet, on the other side of the world from where I was actually born. How beautiful this life is, even when you can’t see much. All of that happened within a millisecond. It was like I zoomed out from the Harbour Bridge, Auckland, passing by Siberia, and went all the way up to see the Planet from space.
Then I went all the way back to my car thinking that probably I should pay attention to the road. But it was one of the best mindgasms I have ever had. It’s so hard to explain, but I think you all know what I mean.
I was so happy all day today, and I just wanted to share my happiness with you and a couple of videos, that mademe smileSmile
About mindgasms http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...6w2M50_Xdk
About joy of doing nothingSmile
http://www.ted.com/talks/gavin_pretor_pi...f_joy.html
You call it mindgasm? I used to go through this for days, weeks or even a couple of months at a time. Last time early this year. Keeps getting better. 

Since then for a large part of a day I have to sit almost paralyzed, in tension and pressure of forces gathering in my brain and spine, intense, almost pleasant, sometimes pleasant. I have been in quiet ecstasy at school and even before school exams. 
It's calmer now, just intense, but it seems fueled by my weekly meditations. Only somewhat. I did not bring this upon myself. It is something I have to go through. 

If I was a Christian, I'd say it's the fire of holy spirit pouring down on me. If I was an Indian yogi, I'd say these are preparations for rising of the fire of Kundalini. However, these are technicalities. The point is, this is a phenomenon that shaped much of human culture and religions. The basis of mysticism.

There is this book about it, The Common Experience by J. M. Cohen. I notice how this experience seems the same, but the trigger varies according to the personality. With me it's completely internal and spontaneous. More scientifically-minded folks prefer to look at Hubble telescope pictures and waterfalls.

(30-07-2013 03:28 AM)I Am Wrote:  Sounds ecstatic, in the real sense.

Good thing you weren't on public transport. You might think you fell in love with a stranger. :-)
I actually was on public transport at one time. But this love is unconditional, it feels like loving everything and and at the same time no-one in particular. Strange phenomenon, but very, very inspiring and worldview-transforming.