Mini Rush Limbaugh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: Mini Rush Limbaugh?
Don't let him upset you guys so easily he's just a little kid. He has no idea what he's saying.

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Does the kid bother me? No. The fact that adults are taking him seriously does. The fact that adults say the same thing does. The fact that anyone would support or endorse this in our country does. The fact that his parents have either no control or support him does. He may only be one kid, but the things being spewed forth from his mouth are spewed from other mouths and have been ingrained into him over the course of his life. My wife often says that kids take the things that their parents do and perfect it. This kid has taken the things he has heard and is restating them. Thereby displaying his own ignorance but also the ignorance, bigotry, lies, hate, and filth of the adults around him.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
12-07-2012, 03:05 PM
The adults supporting him are desperate to get younger people into following their ideology because most people that take them seriously are older. I think they're hesitant to critique him because of this.
(12-07-2012 02:57 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Does the kid bother me? No. The fact that adults are taking him seriously does. The fact that adults say the same thing does. The fact that anyone would support or endorse this in our country does. The fact that his parents have either no control or support him does. He may only be one kid, but the things being spewed forth from his mouth are spewed from other mouths and have been ingrained into him over the course of his life. My wife often says that kids take the things that their parents do and perfect it. This kid has taken the things he has heard and is restating them. Thereby displaying his own ignorance but also the ignorance, bigotry, lies, hate, and filth of the adults around him.

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Unfortunately a lot of young people do follow this BS. I come from a small conservative town in Middle Tennessee and I see plenty of people I graduated with hold similar ideas. Maybe not all of the crazy ideas, but some of them. Anti-gay and anti-atheist abound in my hometown among all generations. Albeit less and less each generation but I would still venture the guess of >50%.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
12-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Where in TN? I live in Franklin.
(12-07-2012 03:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Unfortunately a lot of young people do follow this BS. I come from a small conservative town in Middle Tennessee and I see plenty of people I graduated with hold similar ideas. Maybe not all of the crazy ideas, but some of them. Anti-gay and anti-atheist abound in my hometown among all generations. Albeit less and less each generation but I would still venture the guess of >50%.

12-07-2012, 04:01 PM
I love how his website claims he is the number one rated radio show host for the ages between 10-17, but then you look at his average Youtube video. Does not reflect that, does it?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
12-07-2012, 06:26 PM
My native town is Lawrenceburg. About an hour and a half south of Franklin.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
12-07-2012, 09:02 PM
(25-06-2012 08:02 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-06-2012 02:49 AM)Goddammit Wrote:  It's funny how this kid just got called out by Bill Maher on Real Time.

It's a clear cut case of someone who is easily influenced (especially being only 14) and basically just parroting things he's
heard from other people, which in this case is blatantly ripping off Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. It's very hard to
take a 14 year old seriously talking about politics or social issues when they have such minimal life experience.
For those who missed it or don't have HBO, here you go.

The best line of all:

"New Rule: If a 14 year old can deliver your message, it's not because he's gifted. It's because, intellectually, you're a child."

Part 1

Part 2

Bill Maher knows what the fuck he is talking about.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.