Mininum Wage Protest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2013, 07:11 AM
RE: Mininum Wage Protest
Dishwasher, and so?

You think so lowly of workers I dare you the next time you go into a fast food place to tell that clerk they are worthless to their face. Don't be a gutless coward.

I could give one fuck less what you think I do for a living. Pussies like you couldn't handle my job. You wouldn't last a summer where I work much less an Easter Sunday.

Attitudes like yours are the fucking problem.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
04-12-2013, 07:24 AM
(03-12-2013 11:56 PM)SparkByTouch Wrote:  As a young entrepreneur who as limited skills & resources, who is the son of an other entrepreneur who has succeeded to a national status, I see these scheduled protest as a little ridiculous.

My mother came from a typical scenario of a very low class individual: 16, has a kid, food stamps, high school graduate (barely), and working for minimum wage. She did not stay that way, she went to study cosmetology to work a better job, she "hustled" her ass off at that job. I remember my dad taking me on drives at night to pick her up from that job in the only car we had. After a few years of SAVING MONEY, my mother was able to open her own business. Long story short, she continued to expand and is now a top educator for an international business.
What about your dad? Does he have a job? Does he earn the minimum wage?
Does he support your family financially? What about one single parent households
that have just 1 minimum wage to live on? The may not be able to afford
studying cosmetology.
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Going to have to tell you, we don't live in a meritocracy, but you can get into the realm of comfortable-living wages through blood, sweat, and tears. Through your hard work you can create more opportunities for your children to work hard to improve their slight lead over you, or completely fall behind. That's what happened in my family, my dad enlisted in the Navy, this gave his children a slight advantage to do better than him (because he started from basically nothing). One of my siblings is living 100k in debt with three children as a single mother, and his other child is working towards a commission. Her children still have the opportunity to succeed where she did not, but they will have to work harder than my children do because of the work that I put in (as a side-note, she is now trying to work her way out of the hole, but that's a tough case). Maybe the issue is far more expansive than my experiences, but from my understanding we do live with opportunity to do better than our parents did (unless your dad is bill gates).
[+] 1 user Likes TheKetola's post
04-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Why would I do that? All the clerks at my local fast food joints I visit are young people around my age, you know, young people working shit jobs to build up to something greater. The latter part which you obviously missed. Not to mention they're all really nice people. You're just some idiot asshole who'd spit in someone's food because your life is shit because of your lack of education, skills, ambition and willingness to better yourself.
The attitude that's the problem here is not me hating whinny poor people, it's whinny poor people like you who blame everyone else EXCEPT the true culprit, themselves, for their shitty lives.

I'm guessing you dropped out of high school, worked minimum wage jobs your entire life and didn't put any effort into actually bettering yourself and now have this growing anger towards everyone else for your failings in life? Sound about right?

See children, that is not how to live your life.

As for me, I know a thing or two about better myself. My parents both worked low paying jobs and we were never well off because my parents were working hard to put my sister through private school, they wanted her to have a good education, and put food on the table.
We had to sell the house a couple times, downgrading each time, to pay off bills and keep the mortgage down. I had to go to public school because there was no way my parents could afford private education for me and my sister. I never got things I wanted, I never had the same things all the other kids at school had. I got a paper run and delivered fucking newspapers at 6am every weekend and every day after school because I was determined to get a ps2. That ps2 and every game I had for it was purchased with my own money that I worked for. Not the other kids in school, it was a public school sure but I lived in a wealthy horse racing (and later tourism) town.
My mother, hell bent on getting out of being dead broke all the time, quit her job and went back to university to get her teaching degree. This was when she was still raising us kids. Naturally money was extremely tight. To say we were poor would be an understatement.
And later when I finished high school there was no money for me to go to college so instead of going off like everyone else at my high school I got a full time job pumping gas. Why? Because I was determined not to be like my parents and go through life poor as shit, living from pay check to pay check. So I pumped gas, for minimum wage for a year. I worked hard, 40 hour weeks were my minimum. I took every shift that came up, worked every holiday. I saved hard, I helped my parents pay the bills. And than when university registration came up the following year I had enough saved so that I could get out of that dead beat town. Go to university to get my degree.
And when I got down here to Wellington I got a job. Over 400 people in my halls of resident and I was the only one with a job... Because my parents couldn't afford to financially help me at the time and I wanted to keep my savings up. During the summer when I came home I'd work at the gas station pumping gas again. You know I haven't seen my family at Christmas in 4 years? Last year I couldn't afford to move back home and the 3 Christmas's before that I worked on Christmas day, pumping gas.
Next year I'm moving up north to work for a year. Why? Because I want to travel to Europe and I don't have the money or rich parents to pay for it. I have to work hard to achieve my goals, but I am determined and instead of whining like a little bitch about I'm getting off my ass and working towards that goal.

Attitudes are certainly the problem, but it's not my attitude that's the problem.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
04-12-2013, 07:38 AM
When someone "makes it" they do not do it by themselves. That is a myth. If anyone thinks you can "do it all yourself" move to a deserted island with no one but you on it, then try to build a business.

No one here should begrudge someone for "making it". I do however hate jadedness and those who stand on the shoulders of their labor and piss on them.

It is absurd to think everyone can own a business, who would do the work if that were the case? That is as stupid a utopia idea as Stalin's nanny state which didn't work out so well.

Most people if lucky make enough to put a roof over their heads and pay their bills. However it is increasingly harder for even the middle class to do that. But again our pay gap is fucking ridiculous considering record profits and 57 trillion GDP.

http://www.utrend.tv/v/9-out-of-10-ameri...wing-fact/

THE LINK ABOVE explains our problem, and it has NOTHING to do with wanting to end the private sector. I am sick of libertarian and republican goons trying to monopolize the issue of how markets work. If it really worked the way they said we would not have the amount of poverty and growing poverty we have.

Now you have no excuse when rich people are telling other rich people like Nick Hanour and COSTCO's CEO that our rich are going about it the wrong way.

We do not have a healthy market, we have an exploitation market, an extraction market.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
04-12-2013, 07:48 AM
QQ

04-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Lol, it seems that you people think that 'being poor' means having to do paper rounds or working in McDonalds to buy unnecessery shit your parents couldn't or wouldn't buy for you.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
04-12-2013, 08:19 AM
(04-12-2013 08:04 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Lol, it seems that you people think that 'being poor' means having to do paper rounds or working in McDonalds to buy unnecessery shit your parents couldn't or wouldn't buy for you.

Just because I brought video games with my money doesn't mean we weren't poor.
Putting food on the table each night was a constant struggle I can assure you.
Those video games, what you call "useless shit", is all I had. All I had because I worked for them and got them myself. Which is the point.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-12-2013, 08:30 AM
(04-12-2013 08:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 08:04 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Lol, it seems that you people think that 'being poor' means having to do paper rounds or working in McDonalds to buy unnecessery shit your parents couldn't or wouldn't buy for you.

Just because I brought video games with my money doesn't mean we weren't poor.
Putting food on the table each night was a constant struggle I can assure you.
Those video games, what you call "useless shit", is all I had. All I had because I worked for them and got them myself. Which is the point.

And there was a toy store stocker, who put that on the shelf for you to buy, and a toy store clerk who rang it up and a janitor who kept the store clean, and a truck driver who shipped the toys to the store you bought it from.

You didn't do those things, you spent the money to buy it, you didn't do the work to put that toy on the shelf, THEY DID!

Now get this through your head, YES you did earn the money to buy it. But you DID NOT do their work to make that available for you to buy. You are debasing their jobs for your own selfishness.

I find it sick that you care more about yourself in putting value in the material things you buy and care nothing about the people who do the work to make those things available to you.

Your narcissism and selfishness are the problem, not the poor. Workers are not tools they are humans, and I am sick of people like you treating them like the objects you buy.

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
04-12-2013, 08:36 AM
"I was poor" anyone claiming that then goes one to "say we made it out", then shits on the class they came from obviously has forgotten what it was like. Otherwise you'd know how important livable wages are.

[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post