Mininum Wage Protest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 07:52 AM
RE: Mininum Wage Protest
But actually they do. It's called working in customer service.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 07:58 AM
(05-12-2013 07:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  But actually they do. It's called working in customer service.

If I owned a business and you came into my store and my employee was doing the best they could and not treating you like shit, and you came in there with an attitude I would kick your fucking ass out and tell you never to come back.

It is one thing to try to please the customer, you don't make money if you don't please them. But employees are not tools or doormats. Idiots like you don't understand that maybe YOU are the fucking problem when go in there with an attitude. Maybe you get crappy service because you are being an asshole to them.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2013, 08:06 AM
But you don't own a business and you never will because you lack all ambition and willingness to better yourself and blame everyone BUT yourself for your shitty life.

All you do is wash my dishes, so you don't get to decide when you can and can't tell a customer to shove it.
So again, shss you and clear my table.

05-12-2013, 08:20 AM
I think, without a doubt, the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum is the detailed explanation as to how Brian actually could spit into muff's food.

This is like "Abbot and Costello" stuff.

Brian, dude - you need to get a grip. He's having fun with you. What do you care what his opinion is? I will never understand how people can get so bent out of shape over anonymous comments on the internet.

Oh, and for the record: I don't begrudge you for washing dishes. I begrude you for liking Abba. How can you listen to that crap, much less make it your avatar?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Just to be clear, I don't 'bedrudge' him for washing dishes either. I begrudge him for being 40 something, still washing dishes and somehow thinking it's everybody else's fault BUT his own.
I don't hate poor people in the sense that "oh their poor fuck them", I hate poor people because the majority of them are exactly like Brian. They work crap jobs all their life, never bother to do anything to better themselves and than complain that everyone else is to blame for their failings in life BUT themselves.

People need to accept responsibility for their own actions. More so when your middle aged and have had 30 or so years to better your situation.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-12-2013, 08:29 AM
(05-12-2013 08:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  But you don't own a business and you never will because you lack all ambition and willingness to better yourself and blame everyone BUT yourself for your shitty life.

All you do is wash my dishes, so you don't get to decide when you can and can't tell a customer to shove it.
So again, shss you and clear my table.

Holly shit. "Lack ambition". You really are a utopia fuckwad on par with theists.

Who fucking died and made you boss and gave you the right to morally judge what others do for a living. You are just as fucking pathetic as a theist "my god is the one true god".

Take you pathetic script utopia bullshit and shove it up your ass.

Now here is what I can do that you cant. When someone makes it who isn't a judgmental asshole like you, I don't judge them for having more than me. You I do judge because of your own selfish narcissism in thinking everyone has to be like you.

When I can name rich people who are not pricks, and I can point out bosses I've had in the past who are not assholes like you, you have no fucking case.

When I can point out rich people and companies that try to do the right thing, argue with them since you are to fucking stupid to listen to me.

Now again coward, if you hate people like me that much, next time you run into a middle age low wage worker, call them a loser to their face. You don't have the fucking guts.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
05-12-2013, 08:32 AM
My plates wont clear themselves, chop chop you're losing your tip.

05-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Regardless of your hatred of poor people or whether or not you think they deserve to make more money, the fact is that raising minimum wage would help everyone. Do you think fast food restaurant and Walmart CEO's deserve to make millions of dollars a year while you the middle class are paying the difference to their employees?
Most minimum wage jobs do not allow their employees to work full time. So, let's say I work at Taco Bell and Burger King for a total of 60 hours a week. I still would not make enough money to support myself and my children. I would qualify for food stamps, Medicaid, and cash assistance. This money would be taken out of your paycheck. Do you really think it's fair that these people are bringing in over 10 million dollars a year because you pay their employees for them?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
05-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Muffs - I understood your point. I wasn't trying to imply you begrudged him for his job.

Lost - how much do you think a Taco Bell should pay people to sell $1 tacos? There is no skill involved, no educational requirement - what do you think that job should be paid? Oh, and many of the people who work there are in high school or are older and generally retired. Not all, but the vast majority of people I see working in those places (when I go into one - I hate fast food), are high school kids or older people supplementing their income. The managers aren't but they are paid a salary. So, how much should you pay them for having no skills?

I agree people need to earn a living wage. The way you do that is developing a skill for a job that pays one. I realize that we have a tough economy and I also realize that we have lost a lot of the types of jobs we used to have. So, you have to adjust. Get new skills. If you are 40 years old and working at McDonald's and can't afford to live in the salary you make, that is not McDonald's fault. It's your fault. Go get the skills required to get a better paying job. There is no shortage of programs out there to help with that.

Muffs is right - a larger part of the problem is a lack of personal accountability. It's not the entire problem, but for the people who are really at the bottom of the economic spectrum it is probably the biggest problem.

Final thought - when I was in high school I worked at a supermarket stocking shelves. It was tough work but it paid wellf or a high school student. There were people there in their 20s and 30s who had families, making not much more than I did, scraping by. None of them went to college, most of them dropped out of high school, and all of them had various levels of addiction problems with drugs or alcohol. So, who's fault was it they lived in squalor? Was it Pathmark's? Or, was it maybe their life choices that got them there?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
05-12-2013, 08:50 AM
(05-12-2013 08:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  My plates wont clear themselves, chop chop you're losing your tip.

He he, you are a fucking joke. Ok bubble boy. You really think you are hot shit. Keep thinking that.

I am proud to bus the tables and wash dishes, just not yours, and not because you have more than me, but because you are a jaded asshole.

I love my regulars whom I see every time I work. I smile and talk with them and even hug some of my favorites. I tell them stupid jokes to put smiles on their faces and they love it. And unlike you they don't put me down, because unlike you, they see the human first, not the title, not the pay scale.

And do I expect to get through to you? Nope. This isn't for you, it is for others like me to read to know that you don't have to put up with assholes shitting on you.

Carly Simon, "You're so vein, you probably think this song is about you".