Minor musings from a militant masked marauder. Masturbation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Minor musings from a militant masked marauder. Masturbation.
So here are 3 small things that I've been pondering that aren't significant enough for their own thread.

1.) I just read about angels that sin in my 2 Peter review and I'm wondering; what is the difference between angels and humans? I had at first thought that angels were puppets/servants of God, created specifically to serve him and do his mafia work. And to do such, they weren't given free will, because that was God's gift exclusively to humans. But if that's true, then how did Lucifer rebel and get cast out?

2.) Is there a way around the "No taxation without representation" defense in regards to the church? Can we tax the billions of dollars that the church is wasting on million dollar preacher mansions, million dollar crosses near highways, and megachurches without giving them input into government affairs? Give all religions a "Religion Tax" or something. I realize the slippery slope this entails and that taxing other non-Christian religions was a subtle way to convert citizens to Christianity back in the day without technically being oppressive. But is there any way to get that wasted money?

I mean is "No taxation without representation" even included in any of our political documents?

3.) And finally, just an observation that blows my mind. Say you're a Christian. You truly believe with all your heart that God answers prayers and that sinners are despised by God and cursed in life and the Bible is true. So why is it that if you line up the 5 most religious people in the world next to the 5 biggest sinners in the world that nobody could tell the difference between them? If there were a Christian God, the Holy 5 would be of great health and character and have no struggles in life. And the Sinful 5 would be covered in diseases and boils. Or the Holy 5 would all be poor and struggling in the name of "suffering for their faith." Regardless, the Holy 5 would have similar attributes, all distinctively different from the Sinful 5. But in reality, you would just have 10 people, all with random lives. Some are poor, some are sick, some are assholes, some are happy.

Introducing the x-factor of God to Group A causes no differences from those observed in Group B, those unexposed to God; therefore belief in God has no beneficial application.

Edit: Whoops. Didn't realize I posted this in the Casual Coffeehouse. So to remedy this, everyone dress casual when responding.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
22-11-2011, 03:01 PM
RE: Minor musings from a militant masked marauder. Masturbation.
(22-11-2011 02:53 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Edit: Whoops. Didn't realize I posted this in the Casual Coffeehouse. So to remedy this, everyone dress casual when responding.
Ok...
Where do you want me to put it BC?

Wait...
That didn’t sound like I wanted it to...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
23-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Angels that sin = evolution. Shh! Don't tell nobody. Wink

Churches should be taxed.

People are people. I'm sure all of this could be covered in "mysterious ways" in the mysterious mind of a Christian.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-11-2011, 09:06 AM
I am wearing my pajamas.

I don't know what a Christians understanding is of the differences between Angels and humans really. Not having read the bible in a while I can't recall anything even said about a lack of free will. To be honest I don't remember a whole lot said about them at all except that they exist. Otherwise I remember them being talked about in an almost human way. I know there are layers of angel hierarchy but I don't really know where that came from either. It might be time for me to go and read the damned bible again dammit.

I agree that all religious organizations should be heavily taxed. I also don't think that there are any laws within Canada specifically saying the church must be exempt. I believe it actually came up a while ago as the Sikh temples out here were annoyed about not receiving the same treatment so that would tell me that there isn't a law for all religions at the very least. I also think we are coming to a time when financial accountability for the church may actually happen. Thank god Wink

A Christian I think will have physically defining traits. At least a Christian in Canada. And this is really a broad generalization. I would imagine that due to the large community of Christians around here and the way that they all support eachother unlike us atheists, they tend to have better chances in life (which they attribute to faith instead of community) leading to maybe a cleaner appearance and big trucks for no discernable purpose. Meanwhile a down and dirty sinner might have longer sexier hair and real shoes instead of those fucking stupid foam clogs.
The odd thing is for a group that claims a fear of god and hell they sure spend a lot of time sinning themselves. Goon to church is quite the entertainment for a non xtian. Watch vanity overcome them. Gossip spew from the lips of only the heaviest most gluttonous. Watch the judgement unfold. The lies oh the lies... Quite a show.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
24-11-2011, 12:40 AM
3. The thing about sin, is that its really an irrelevancy. What is sin? Its just offending God, doing something he doesn't want you to do. Look at apathetic atheists, they are considered sinners too, even though they have done nothing 'wrong'. They are just the people who don't believe as christians do. Remember that sin doesn't even matter in christian theology. All that matters is that you believe in their God and Jesus' sacrifice. Sinning is what they say you did so they don't have to admit their just damning you for not thinking the same way.

1. That's interesting. We are supposedly the favourite creation of God, so where do angels fit in to all this? They would seem to be better than us - less genocide and all that.. - but they are the ultimate sycophants that christians desire to be like. Also, is there freewill in heaven? If there isn't, then a moral and good world is possible, so God has no excuse for fucking up earth. If there is, then by their nature some people will screw it up and it won't be the perfect paradise they wish for.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes daemonowner's post
24-11-2011, 12:32 PM
There must be a secret Bible that tells of these angels because scripture is all kinda of vague about these peeps. Lucifer as Satan in Job seems like the total henchman, but then there's supposed to be this rebellion, that must involve time travel and shape-shifting for Lucifer to be the snake in the garden and the dragon in the end... when Lucifer rules.

Is anybody else confused? Huh

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
24-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Wotthehell does any of this have to do with masturbation? Damn you BC, you lured me in with the promise of an interesting discussion and then dumped Angel shit on me. ... damn, I gotta go wash up ....

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
25-11-2011, 06:35 PM
1) I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that the story of Lucifer-as-fallen-angel was a non-canonical idea floating around until Milton made it popular in Paradise Lost. However, I might be mistaken, so somebody please correct me if you know more.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
25-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Sorry about the lack of masturbatory discussion Girly. To remedy this, everyone end each post from here on out with your preference of Left vs Right hand.

As I near the end of the Bible, I start to wonder where most of the stories I've been told come from. Maybe it's all in Revelations. The Lucifer falling from the grace thing, Satan was actually the snake with the apple in Eden thing, the Lucifer is Satan and has horns and a tail thing, the entire story of a Holy Grail thing, etc. There's an awful lot of things in most people's concept of "reality" that actually originated in mankind's depiction of them. Like angels being innocent looking people with white wings. That was the result of painter's interpretation, rather than the multi-headed, sword wielding creatures of war that the Bible describes.

Left handed with a twist. Maybe a sock for cleanup.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
25-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Aha the infamous apple. There's one of those human addendum for you. The bible never actually says she ate an apple. We do. I did a quick google of the apple phenomenon to find out why we assume it was an apple.

"Genesis most definitely records that she did eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. So why do people think of an apple? One reason is that the Latin word for evil is malum and the Latin word for apple is also malum.

In the fourth century AD, the word malum appeared in the Latin Vulgate translation of Genesis in the phrase ‘the tree of knowledge of good and evil’. From that time on people began to associate the apple with the fruit which Eve ate. "

That's what I got. I also think most people when thinking of fruit from a tree think of apples first.

I'm a righty, a conclusion I "came" to after the awkward summer of 92.... rough times.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison