Miracles captured on youtube

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Miracles captured on youtube
I was watching TheAtheistExperience and some guy brought up the "sun miracle that was witnessed by 30,000 people at Fatima" so I youtubed it and found a clip, linked to many other "miracle" clips, so I started this thread to discuss them. First off, in all these clips, notice that the only reason people connect what they see to their God is because they have their conclusion already. Lights in the clouds? Jesus! It's also the same primitive argument from ignorance that tribes used to explain rainfall.

First, here's the sun/Fatima video. I guess it's either moving side to side, or sets then rises again? It's hard to gather from the video info which brilliantly states "The sun had come close and gone back in the sky. That is one of the Virgin Mary's miracles." To me, it looks like a foreigner who's never used a camera before. The comments are also disturbing religious fervor, so I made sure to praise Ra, since he is clearly demonstrating his power here.

Here's another one where the viewer and the youtubers are claiming to hear all sorts of things, like "Jesus" "I love you" and "Can you see love now?" along with seeing the face of Jesus. People are desperate to have their beliefs manifest themselves.

And another one of people attributing clouds to supernatural deities.

There are lots of vids on youtube, most are photoshopped, most have been proven scams, and the rest are as ridiculous as the ones above.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2011, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2011 11:02 PM by LadyJane.)
RE: Miracles captured on youtube
Ooo! Orbs! Lol.

Have you youtubed oil appearing on noses or sparkles appearing from skin? Those are fun! Nothing like scientific frenzy-inducing metals emitting from sweat glands to convince the nay sayers.

I have to reboot the net to see the posted vids, maybe I can shed some light (lol) on an explanation for the sun miracle.
Crappy hotel wifi, can't get it. Boo! Will look another time. The part I saw was crappy camera skills. Why can't these miracles happen when pro photogs are around?
15-07-2011, 02:03 AM
I have been an atheist until I watched these videos...

I found these videos more compelling to prove FSM existence. Big Grin

[Image: icon_noodle.gif]

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2011, 02:37 AM
1. I don't really get the first video, the sun 'wobbling' is very common for sunsets, especially on mountains. I'm not sure exactly what causes this effect, but I have seen it before many times.

2. I didn't hear a thing but people talking in the distance. Also that one is VERY explainable because it happened to my camera and I was worried I broke it. When you aim your camera at the sun sometimes it will develop a little dot or shadow in the camera... I have pictures on my other computer of photographs taken with this problem in cameras, I'll post them when I can get to my other picture. That being said, these people shot this with a damaged camera and acted like it was something. None the less it was extremely out of focus, it could have been a blimp if it was real.

3. The entire premise of the video is suspect, she aimed her camera at the sky, hoping for something to find something, and then happened to do so? She's also a bad photography, that is an object that is closer to the camera being moved, it could be a seat belt or anything that she moved.

I cannot believe people even give any of this any critical thought whatsoever, especially that Jesus thing... that doesn't even look like a face, let alone a face of Jesus.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
15-07-2011, 04:57 AM
Confirmation bias can be a powerful thing. I grew up as a Pentecostal where demons, angels and the Holy Ghost were hiding in every corner. It got so bad I wanted to slap my own parents. So glad I'm out of that crap!

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes nontheocrat's post