Miracles from Heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Miracles from Heaven
I can't stand Jennifer Garner. Never have liked her, never will. Now she's starring in this horrid movie, Miracles from Heaven. The interview she gave People magazine was just nauseating.

article

I literally felt bile in my throat when I read the line about whether the little girl was telling the truth or not about going to heaven. The delusions of grandeur really scare me. These movies are starting to pile up and I just can't believe they make money.

Garner, you see miracles in everything? I guess it was a miracle when Ben nailed the nanny. Let me guess, that was god's plan for you.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2016, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016 09:47 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: Miracles from Heaven
(22-02-2016 09:36 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I can't stand Jennifer Garner. Never have liked her, never will. Now she's starring in this horrid movie, Miracles from Heaven. The interview she gave People magazine was just nauseating.

article

I literally felt bile in my throat when I read the line about whether the little girl was telling the truth or not about going to heaven. The delusions of grandeur really scare me. These movies are starting to pile up and I just can't believe they make money.

Garner, you see miracles in everything? I guess it was a miracle when Ben nailed the nanny. Let me guess, that was god's plan for you.

Saw a preview for it recently. Wasn't impressed.

One of my deeply religious Facebook friends says that all the heaven is really real type movies (can't recall the term she used) are completely wrong and unbiblical. Just remembered the term was called heaven tourism.

I was a bit surprised.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-02-2016, 08:55 AM
There are all kinds of things sending up BS flags. First of all she had no major injuries when she fell into this hollowed out tree. She was released from the hospital the next day, she didn't die, she just lost consciousness! Facepalm

They said she had improvement of her condition Intestinal Motility Disorder.

There is no cure for this, but it isn't a terminal disease, a physical shock to the body, like falling into the middle of a tree and being stuck upside down for hours might have unpredictable side effects.

Like Momsurroundedbyboys pointed out, it's another example of heaven tourism, which is pretty much a cottage industry of fraud perpetrated by the parents.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
23-02-2016, 09:28 AM
I find the whole thing rather grotesque.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
26-02-2016, 11:07 PM
miracles in everything huh? yeah, tell that to the starving children worldwide. what a joke. just because your own little bubble is working out for you personally doesnt mean everyone else is doing okie dokie.
26-02-2016, 11:08 PM
I read somewhere that she now takes her kids to church every sunday after doing this movie.....

Ugh.
26-02-2016, 11:10 PM
(26-02-2016 11:08 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I read somewhere that she now takes her kids to church every sunday after doing this movie.....

Ugh.

those poor kids...
26-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Yep, it was in the story that she takes the kids to church. I'm glad Batman Ben cheated on her pompous ass.

----
27-02-2016, 12:24 AM
Clearly she didn't understand the subtext of one of her own movies...

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-02-2016, 08:44 PM
(22-02-2016 09:36 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I can't stand Jennifer Garner. Never have liked her, never will. Now she's starring in this horrid movie, Miracles from Heaven. The interview she gave People magazine was just nauseating.

article

This movie looks so God awful, pun intended. I just can't believe how dumb Christians are that still use miracle stories as any kind of proof of their God. Why would he pretty much ignore every single person in this world and allow countless children to be abused, raped, killed, etc. and but this one little girl is just so special, he had to intervene and cure her stomach disorder? Ummm, ok? And this is a good thing? Why not also believe every ghost story? Alien abduction story? Any other "faith" healing? That last part of the trailer where Garner says to her daughter "Who said you'd be ok?" and the daughter just gives a little smile, like "Well Jesus of course! He has a thing for little blonde girls!" It's just so creepy and smug.
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post