Misc Q&A-sea_tiger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2017, 07:14 PM
RE: Misc Q&A-sea_tiger
(15-05-2017 06:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 06:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  They are one in purpose with three distinct roles.

Yes.

And three distinct names.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2017, 07:20 PM
(15-05-2017 07:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 06:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes.

Yes. God Elohim, God Jehovah(Jesus Christ) and the Holy Ghost(His name is not revealed yet)
Elohim is Father of spirits of all flesh. Jehovah is Savior. The Holy Ghost is Testifier of all truth and Comforter.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
15-05-2017, 07:24 PM
(15-05-2017 02:29 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 02:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Christianity is technically polytheistic. You've got three godheads (God, Jesus, Holy Spirit)--even though they are offshoots of one god. You also have angels and demons. And Satan. That's what you call a pantheon.
They are distinct personalities but share same essence.They are one.

Exactly like Hinduism. And now explain Satan and choirs of angels. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
15-05-2017, 07:44 PM
(15-05-2017 07:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 06:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes.

And they don't appear to know what the other one is thinking, and even ask for the other to change its mind.

Isn't it schizophrenia where you talk to the other voices in your head which are very real to you but that no one else can see?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-05-2017, 08:12 PM
(15-05-2017 07:44 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 07:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  And three distinct names.

And they don't appear to know what the other one is thinking, and even ask for the other to change its mind.

Isn't it schizophrenia where you talk to the other voices in your head which are very real to you but that no one else can see?

That or Multiple Personality Disorder Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-05-2017, 09:14 PM
RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:Isn't it schizophrenia where you talk to the other voices in your head which are very real to you but that no one else can see?
Yes. I believe so.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
15-05-2017, 11:35 PM
OK sea_tiger, I'll lob you an easy one or two. What's your specific Catholic faith? How do you feel about your new pope? And why did you decide to join an atheist forum? Also how do you feel about the Vatican covering up kiddie fiddling, and opposing condom use? Ooo, and what's your take on Glorious Leader Trump?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-05-2017, 11:50 PM
(15-05-2017 11:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  OK sea_tiger, I'll lob you an easy one or two. What's your specific Catholic faith? How do you feel about your new pope? And why did you decide to join an atheist forum? Also how do you feel about the Vatican covering up kiddie fiddling, and opposing condom use? Ooo, and what's your take on Glorious Leader Trump?

Sea_tiger identifies as an atheist. Smile

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1182336
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
16-05-2017, 12:00 AM
(15-05-2017 11:50 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 11:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  OK sea_tiger, I'll lob you an easy one or two. What's your specific Catholic faith? How do you feel about your new pope? And why did you decide to join an atheist forum? Also how do you feel about the Vatican covering up kiddie fiddling, and opposing condom use? Ooo, and what's your take on Glorious Leader Trump?

Sea_tiger identifies as an atheist. Smile

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1182336

Oh fuck. I apologise sea_tiger. I confused you with Cold Comfort. Dammit. Now I'll have to go track down that slippery customer.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-05-2017, 12:19 AM
In a private message, sea_tiger asked me a question about Zechariah 9:9, and I was welcomed to answer in the thread… so here we go:

First off… I so very much wanted to keep this to a reasonable length… I just couldn’t.

To answer your question, let’s examine Zechariah 9:9 and 9:10

9 ) Rejoice greatly, Fair Zion; Raise a shout, Fair Jerusalem! Lo, your king is coming to you. He is victorious, triumphant, yet humble, riding on an ass; on a donkey foaled by a she-ass.
10 ) He shall banish chariots from Ephraim, and horses from Jerusalem; The warrior’s bow shall be banished. He shall call on the nations to surrender, and his rule shall extend from sea to sea and from ocean to land’s end.

Judaism does view this passage as being about the messiah, but we see the donkey part as being a symbol for humility, and not a literal riding of one or more donkeys, as the NT says. Also, we’re given some description on what the messiah will accomplish. He’ll banish chariots and horses from Jerusalem, he’ll banish all weapons, and his rule will extend “very far,” and he’ll speak peace to the nations.

Do you know anyone who accomplished these things? When you turn on the news, do you see peace on Earth? Can you find weapons at Walmart? Has there ever been a time when a Jewish messiah ruled in peace over the entirety of the world?

The answer is, we don’t see what Christians see and to help illustrate my point, I decided to write a little story in which I was hoping that you could identify as an American for the purpose of understanding my position. Even if you’re not American… just pretend Smile

Click the spoiler tag to get the full story. It was too long and I didn’t want it spamming up everyone’s screen.

Let’s imagine a scenario in which I was alive in the 1930’s and I had what I believed was a prophetic dream. My dream inspired me to write a story about a dystopian future where the world is ravaged by drought and food is very scarce. In my story, a woman comes to save the world. She’s an agricultural scientist and she holds the key to producing enough food to feed the world. I provide some identifying details so people will recognize her. She’ll be a Kennedy from the matriarchal blood line of Rose Kennedy, through the line of Eunice. I explain multiple times in my book how relevant the blood connection is to Rose, through Eunice. It cannot be from a different line. She will be from the United States, and when she solves the food problem, everyone’s plate will be overflowing with food from there on out. In my writings, I describe that the Kennedy woman will “ride in on the winds of change.” I give a warning to the characters in my book that if anyone comes claiming to be able to solve the drought but demands the rights to the planet in return is to be tossed out on their asses. If they sell the rights to the planet, they will be slaves for the rest of their existence as a species and they’ll never get the drought fixed the way it should be fixed. My amazing writings are printed and published throughout the United States and the Americans do interviews with me, record my thoughts, and really get a firm grasp of what my book is all about. I explain in the interviews that I believed the story was really prophecy.

Sure enough, the drought comes and people are hungry. In each generation, the conditions worsen. My prophecy would appear to have come true, and Americans are turning to the Kennedys, looking for signs that one of them might be the Kennedy who will bring about the change they’re waiting for.

As it happens, an alien race comes to Earth and they see that the human race is in dire straits. They’re sure they can help us, but in return, they require the mining rights to all of Earth’s natural resources, and the humans will have to serve as the miners and deliver the resources to the aliens. To really sell this plan to the humans, the aliens feel they need a human emissary to promote their agenda. They select a compliant, charismatic woman from China, whose name is Lian. She genuinely believes that the alien race has the key to solve the food crisis, and she’s willing to do whatever it takes to get food to her people.

At a UN meeting, the majority of the nations are on board with letting the aliens solve the food shortage, and they are prepared to agree with the terms of the deal. The Americans, however, are not on board. The aliens learn about American story which seems to almost foretell the situation that the humans find themselves in. Whether the book is genuinely prophetic or not isn’t up for question. A relevant chunk of the human population believes that it is, and the aliens realize that if they’re going to close this deal with the human race, they’ll need to address this matter and put it to rest.

The aliens read in the book that the Americans are waiting for an agricultural scientist to save the world, so they subscribe Lien to Agricultural Digest. They hack the digest’s records and make them reflect that she’s been an avid reader for the last 10 years. She also reads Agriculturing for Dummies. According to the Book of Aliza, the emissary must be a woman from the Kennedy family, so the aliens explain that Lien’s mother didn’t have viable eggs, and she used an egg donor to get pregnant with Lian. The egg donor was a daughter of Patricia Kennedy, thereby making Lien a Kennedy, through the mother’s line.

Of course, the Americans wanted evidence of this, so they conducted a DNA analysis, only to learn that Lien’s heritage is 100% Chinese, and she has no connection to the Kennedy line at all.

The aliens return with information that Lien’s father is a Kennedy, and DNA tests prove that he is indeed a Kennedy. He hails from the line of Patrick Kennedy, who had an illegitimate child while serving in the US Navy (Don’t Google that. I totally made that up). That illegitimate child migrated to China several generations prior, but is indeed the ancestor of the man who actually adopted Lien when she was two after he married her mother.

To further prove that they’re here to fulfill the prophecy, the alien race recalls that the emissary from the book must ride in on the winds of change, so they create some thick, rainbow colored clouds to disguise a floating platform and they float the emissary down to earth in the middle of a small American town, populated by supporters of their cause. As she’s making her majestic descent, one alien turns to the other and says, “Make haste, ye, and boardeth your jet. Take off frometh Cargo Bay Alpha and useth the exhaust smoke to enscript the sky with the English word, “change”! Then the humans shall knoweth that the deity that was foretold to them by their prophet, Aliza, has truly rode in on the winds of change!”

Lian rides in and the aliens told the entire world what happened. Pictures were taken to document the historic event of the emissary arriving home to American, to her people, on the winds of change. The Aliens even threw down pennies, dimes and nickles in the wake behind her to really show that she was riding in on he winds of change. Lian traveled from city to city with her entourage and copies of the Book of Aliza, translated into many different languages. Others across the globe turn to the United States and demand that they accept Lien as their emissary and deity.

The Americans see no resemblance of the deified Chinese emissary, Lian, to the American agricultural scientist from the Kennedy family who they were waiting for.
6 months pass, but no change occurs to the crops. 1 year passes, and still, no change. Lian explains that without the faith of the people, the aliens will never be able to change the climate. All people must accept Lian as their emissary and truly believe that she has the power to change the climate, and then the climate will improve.

Sadly, Lian passes away after being diagnosed with a horrible, aggressive cancer. On her death bed, she assures the world that she will return in 1 week and then the world will be cured. Until then, stop looking for another Kennedy. She was the Kennedy and she will fulfill the prophecy after she returns, but until she does, the aliens will issue flavorless, edible sustenance cubes. These cubes will keep the human population alive provide the people with the energy they will need to mine for the natural resources they promised to the aliens.

Many people feel that the prophecy was fulfilled. The emissary was a Kennedy, a female, an agricultural enthusiast, and from an American family. She was god incarnate, and because of her work, every plate has a sustenance cube on it to satisfy everyone’s hunger, exactly as the Book of Aliza said. Once the emissary returns from death, she will complete her mission and those stupid Americans will see how wrong they were not to recognize her for the emissary that she so obviously was. It was their fault to begin with for not believing and not contributing their prayer power to leveling up the emissary so she could perform her magic and cure the world.

So… taking on the role of the American, what hesitations might you have about jumping on the Lien bandwagon? Does Lien match the description of the Kennedy that the Americans are expecting? Are the excuses that the aliens provided sufficient to sway your position?
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post