Misnomer Menagerie - says he's smarter than TrainWreck

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Misnomer Menagerie - says he's smarter than TrainWreck
(08-05-2014 02:27 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 04:54 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  No one thinks they're smarter than you...

Actually I do.

His (TrainWreck) signature alone gets the substance of Atheism wrong ... three times in a single sentence. Hell I've never read any Humanist literature that claims that humans DEFINE reality let alone in the same way theists think god does which is what his wording seems to suggest.

It's not even ontological... it's a philosophical and ethical position sure but it does not philosophically fall under ontology.

There is about 6 or more mistakes in his own signature so yes I do think I am. On this subject at least.Drinking Beverage

My argument is that there are misnomers, and I have identified a system of such misnomers that impedes the atheists reasoning. The system has a primary association with ontology - the existence of beliefs, and a secondary association with linguistic construction of terms referring to ontology - theism-atheism

My signature offers the correction to the problem for which humanism was probably coined, because it is absurd to establish an ontology based on the doctrine opposed to another ontology. But because of the overwhelming dominance of the Christian culture, the term "atheism," was improperly defined, and it became accepted. My grander argument is that this causes pronounced problems in reasoning now, because our information exchange is more sophisticated then before. The primary example being that we know that the government and society are corrupt, but nobody knows how to fix it. I say the solution is achieved by standardizing the ontology that guides knowledge - you got one you want to refer me to, or do you just want to debate that the dictionary says atheism is the lack of belief in god?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 10:40 AM
RE: Misnomer Menagerie - says he's smarter than TrainWreck
(08-05-2014 10:35 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 02:27 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Actually I do.

His (TrainWreck) signature alone gets the substance of Atheism wrong ... three times in a single sentence. Hell I've never read any Humanist literature that claims that humans DEFINE reality let alone in the same way theists think god does which is what his wording seems to suggest.

It's not even ontological... it's a philosophical and ethical position sure but it does not philosophically fall under ontology.

There is about 6 or more mistakes in his own signature so yes I do think I am. On this subject at least.Drinking Beverage

My argument is that there are misnomers, and I have identified a system of such misnomers that impedes the atheists reasoning. The system has a primary association with ontology - the existence of beliefs, and a secondary association with linguistic construction of terms referring to ontology - theism-atheism

My signature offers the correction to the problem for which humanism was probably coined, because it is absurd to establish an ontology based on the doctrine opposed to another ontology. But because of the overwhelming dominance of the Christian culture, the term "atheism," was improperly defined, and it became accepted. My grander argument is that this causes pronounced problems in reasoning now, because our information exchange is more sophisticated then before. The primary example being that we know that the government and society are corrupt, but nobody knows how to fix it. I say the solution is achieved by standardizing the ontology that guides knowledge - you got one you want to refer me to, or do you just want to debate that the dictionary says atheism is the lack of belief in god?

Do you like my new avatar mate? Cool

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 4 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
08-05-2014, 10:55 AM
(08-05-2014 10:35 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 02:27 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Actually I do.

Who are you challenging? This is for one-on-one debates.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2014, 10:57 AM
(08-05-2014 10:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 10:35 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  My argument is that there are misnomers, and I have identified a system of such misnomers that impedes the atheists reasoning. The system has a primary association with ontology - the existence of beliefs, and a secondary association with linguistic construction of terms referring to ontology - theism-atheism

Who are you challenging? This is for one-on-one debates.

There are already more people than that in his head. Your argument is invalid.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
08-05-2014, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 12:49 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Thanks for the invitation to join everyone here in this thread and post here, TW!

I think that TW's problem is that he wanted a fucking pony when he was a child, asked for a fucking pony, and didn't get a fucking pony. All of his troubles and misery can be traced back to the failure of his parents to get him a fucking pony when he wanted a fucking pony.

So, what do you think, guys, don't you think we should all band together as empathetic, caring atheist politicos and get TW a fucking pony? I think so.

You know what, on second thought, I'm just going to put up now and get TW a fucking pony on behalf of all of my friends here at the TTA forum, and if anyone wants to contribute retroactively to defer the costs I incurred, feel free to do so, though there is no obligation. I am contributing this fucking pony in all of your names, just because I love each and every one of you and I want you to all be a part of this wonderful gift of a fucking pony to TW.

So, without any further ado, TW, our Esteemed Atheist Soon-to-be World Leader and Demigod, here's your fucking pony, Bro:

Content Removed

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
08-05-2014, 03:26 PM
(08-05-2014 12:43 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Thanks for the invitation to join everyone here in this thread and post here, TW!

I think that TW's problem is that he wanted a fucking pony when he was a child, asked for a fucking pony, and didn't get a fucking pony. All of his troubles and misery can be traced back to the failure of his parents to get him a fucking pony when he wanted a fucking pony.

So, what do you think, guys, don't you think we should all band together as empathetic, caring atheist politicos and get TW a fucking pony? I think so.

You know what, on second thought, I'm just going to put up now and get TW a fucking pony on behalf of all of my friends here at the TTA forum, and if anyone wants to contribute retroactively to defer the costs I incurred, feel free to do so, though there is no obligation. I am contributing this fucking pony in all of your names, just because I love each and every one of you and I want you to all be a part of this wonderful gift of a fucking pony to TW.

So, without any further ado, TW, our Esteemed Atheist Soon-to-be World Leader and Demigod, here's your fucking pony, Bro:

Content Removed

LMAO -- Content REMOVED? Oh, FFS -- u guys r ruining the whole joke!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

08-05-2014, 03:28 PM
(08-05-2014 03:26 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 12:43 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Thanks for the invitation to join everyone here in this thread and post here, TW!

Content Removed

LMAO -- Content REMOVED? Oh, FFS -- u guys r ruining the whole joke!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

You really didn't think that was going to happen?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

08-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Let me guess....

...a guy fucking a pony? Gasp Dodgy

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
08-05-2014, 03:38 PM
(08-05-2014 03:37 PM)John Wrote:  Let me guess....

...a guy fucking a pony? Gasp Dodgy

Almost...the reverse.

08-05-2014, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 10:59 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
Content removed due to violation of rule 3

EDIT:

Regarding the above ^^^: For clarity, I'll point out that I have been (tactfully, reasonably, and graciously) advised that the mod team considers the posting of the URL of a photo as the same thing as posting the photo itself, even in conjunction with a warning that the photo is considered NSFW. And the mod team (reasonably) expects anyone who posts something which a mod deletes, not to repost what was deleted. And thus, for everyone's benefit: in the view of the forum staff it is not an acceptable course of action here, when a mod has pinked out/deleted a photo a member has posted, to repost even just the URL of the photo that was deleted, even with a warning that it's NSFW.

So there's that. But we did have some fun while it lasted...