Misogynist Grandmother

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: Misogynist Grandmother
(07-02-2015 11:28 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 06:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  I think that should be "misandrist".

She's both, really, but my main complaint is with her misogyny. How a woman can sit there and argue passionately that her gender is "less than" completely blows my mind.

Tell that to conservative anti-suffrage women Dodgy They exist and they can be more sexist than men

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Truth is old granny can't really help it. She's a product of a miswired brain and ignorant influences. My advice when dealing with ignorance is to try to be sympathetic and love whatever there is in there that's loveable, especially for a family member who probably craves your acceptance.
08-02-2015, 09:42 PM
(08-02-2015 08:51 AM)freetoreason Wrote:  Truth is old granny can't really help it.

I'm not sure I buy that. There's no excuse - especially in this day and age - for not being able to change one's mind/open one's mind to a broader range of ideas.

Well, coma patients might have a pretty good excuse, but that's about it.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2015, 10:29 PM
(07-02-2015 02:51 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  For as much as she shits on men, though, it's her misogyny that I find truly surprising.

She sounds more like a misanthrope who finds the bizarre need to divide her hate for people into arbitrary little compartments to further focus her hatred.

"I hate all women because X. I hate all men because Y."

"That's wonderful. So, you're saying you hate all people because of both X and Y."