Miss Meng has an important announcement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Miss Meng has an important announcement
My favorite thing to post when a troll shows up. Any kind of dancing!!!!!

The Fish Slapping DanceLaughat Big Grin Tongue Yes Tongue Laugh out load......................

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 02:02 PM
(12-03-2014 01:36 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  AH YEAH ANOTHER ONE OF MISS MENG'S BRILLIANT POSTS TO ADD TO MY SPANK BANK! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin !!!!!!!

Did you say spank?
[Image: 53DC12BA-9C75-4D20-B2C5-B7C52D43646E_zpseqxi79om.jpg]
Yummy

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
12-03-2014, 04:42 PM
(12-03-2014 01:15 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Miss Meng would like to announce that she hopes in due course we can clear up this confusion about your understanding and confusion about God and be on our way to a very loving, caring and most importantly, rational forum. As founder and resident moral guardian of this movement I hope I can answer questions, concerns and comments. I am most glad we have this opportunity as Miss Meng is quietly confident all confusion will be put right. Miss Meng smiles warmly at all of your happy, optimistic faces.

~ Miss Meng

Web-mistress of the thinking atheist, founder of project Reason and Rationality.

I've got something you can straighten out and set right for me. If you're good, I may even call out to your god...
12-03-2014, 04:42 PM
(12-03-2014 02:02 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 01:36 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  AH YEAH ANOTHER ONE OF MISS MENG'S BRILLIANT POSTS TO ADD TO MY SPANK BANK! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin !!!!!!!

Did you say spank?
Yummy

Mmm yeah we should totes trade places with those people Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
12-03-2014, 04:59 PM
(12-03-2014 02:02 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  

Did you say spank?
Yummy

Meh gustah Drooling

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 3 users Like Im_Ryan's post
12-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Anjele doesn't give a shit about Miss Me's announcements or pronouncements.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-03-2014, 05:02 PM
(12-03-2014 05:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Anjele doesn't give a shit about Miss Me's announcements or pronouncements.

Miss Meng smiles. Then why did you reply, dear? Miss Meng laughs genially and goes to make a cup of green tea.

~ Miss Meng
12-03-2014, 05:03 PM
(12-03-2014 05:02 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 05:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Anjele doesn't give a shit about Miss Me's announcements or pronouncements.

Miss Meng smiles. Then why did you reply, dear? Miss Meng laughs genially and goes to make a cup of green tea.

~ Miss Meng

This is surprisingly entertaining to read

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
12-03-2014, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 06:38 PM by Reltzik.)
Let's break this down by proposition.

Goal: A better, more civil forum. I'd love it. I'm teetering on leaving these forums for good, and one reason is the severe lack of civility. Not by everyone, by any measure. But by enough people (I won't name names), frequently enough, rapidly enough, that it poisons a great many potentially reasonable conversations.

Some people here are deserving of that incivility. (Again, I won't name names.) But I've seen some people come in who express themselves as, say, Christians who are having doubts and want our perspectives on certain common arguments that they're finding a bit persuasive. And the response by many (though, as I said, not all) is immediate, vitriolic hostility, not towards just towards Christianity in general or the argument being discussed (which I'd find acceptable), but the poster in particular. The usual accusation is that it's someone here to proselytize under the guise of having doubts. Basically, ad hominem, either in place of a deconstruction of the argument or tacked on to the end just to be angry. And maybe the charge is correct. I wouldn't be surprised if it sometimes is. But it's so frequently deployed without a shred of evidence, that I can't help but suspect that many of the innocent are getting hit with it along with the guilty, and often driven off. I don't know if this forum even has a declared mission statement... but if it does have one, and if it includes fostering or hosting discussion on these topics, then its definitely failing. I don't know how to fix it. It might be unfixable. That's why I'm increasingly feeling like leaving.

Proposed Method of Fixing It: Crickets

No, seriously. That's totally left blank. Unless I were to take that clearing up our misunderstandings about God as how everyone here is going to make everyone become nice and happy? I dunno, it's kinda vague. A, I don't think that accomplishing the first, were that even possible or were the blanket assumptions true, would lead to the second. And B....

OP clearing up our misunderstandings about God: ... highly dubious at best. The OP has several pending questions unanswered, has expressed an inability to follow moderately complex posts (and, presumably, moderately complex questions in posts), has presented no credentials to establish authority, no convincing arguments to build authority, and has offered... well, basically nothing we haven't seen before in terms of argumentation. Utter boilerplate or empty verbal fencing. Maybe she'll whip out something to surprise us all. But it will be a HUGE surprise if she does.

OP declaring herself founder and moral guardian of this "movement":

... sorry, I was just browsing through the emoticon list. And there is no emoticon there to express my response to this, at least not to a sufficient degree. .... maybe if someone could fuse the eye-twitch, facepalm, shock, dodgy, and laughter emoticons all into one. The OP has not established any sort of authority -- personal, moral, positional, any at all -- to qualify as any sort of moral guardian, other than the ability to maintain at least a facade of civility. While I'll admit that's an improvement over some people who come through here (on either side), that's such a very low bar. But if anything, she has inspired a great deal of incivility. If I were to turn to someone to fix it, I'd probably point to someone who doesn't do that.

Also, "hopes" do not count as a movement. Nor does a total lack of a plan. Nor does a plan hinging on a person doing something she's been trying to do since she got here and, well, failing at.

All in all? D+. She gets minimal points for identifying a problem that almost anyone could identify when hit by it. ... and that's it. No plan, no resources, no recruits, nothing that could count as a movement.

tl;dr: Yes, these forums have a civility issue. No, MM is not the one to fix it. She has neither plan, nor credibility, nor authority, nor the ability to recruit. No, answering questions about God will not do the trick. No, MM is not the person to do that, either.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
12-03-2014, 06:34 PM
(12-03-2014 01:23 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 01:15 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  ...confusion... ...confusion... ...rational... ...confusion... ...Reason and Rationality.

Nicely played

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post