Miss Meng has an important announcement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 07:28 PM by Charis.)
RE: Miss Meng has an important announcement
(12-03-2014 06:58 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 01:15 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  ...Miss Meng smiles warmly at all of your happy, optimistic faces.
Who are you, Umbridge?

[Image: Dolores_Umbridge.JPG]

^^^And WOOOOW this looks like my ex-pastor's WIFE! holy crap, flashbacks...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Charis's post
12-03-2014, 07:30 PM
(12-03-2014 07:25 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 06:58 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Who are you, Umbridge?

[Image: Dolores_Umbridge.JPG]

^^^And WOOOOW this looks like my ex-pastor's WIFE! holy crap, flashbacks...

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
12-03-2014, 07:32 PM
[Image: admit-it-you-wanted-her-dead-more-than-voldemort.jpg]

Yup!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 6 users Like Crulax's post
12-03-2014, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 07:41 PM by cjlr.)
(12-03-2014 06:34 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Goal: A better, more civil forum. I'd love it. I'm teetering on leaving these forums for good, and one reason is the severe lack of civility. Not by everyone, by any measure. But by enough people (I won't name names), frequently enough, rapidly enough, that it poisons a great many potentially reasonable conversations.

I think in large part that's an issue of longevity.

There's an immediate reaction of "this old shit again?" to a lot of the stock lines (evolutionary or other scientific misinformation, the complete failure of cosmological arguments, whichever in particular it happens to be).

That's not always fair to the one posting it - to them it might be the first time they're thinking about it - but if you've seen it from the other side a dozen times the thirteenth isn't going to get the response the first did.

And also some people are jerks. But, that's kind of a universal problem, no?

(12-03-2014 06:34 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Some people here are deserving of that incivility. (Again, I won't name names.) But I've seen some people come in who express themselves as, say, Christians who are having doubts and want our perspectives on certain common arguments that they're finding a bit persuasive. And the response by many (though, as I said, not all) is immediate, vitriolic hostility, not towards just towards Christianity in general or the argument being discussed (which I'd find acceptable), but the poster in particular. The usual accusation is that it's someone here to proselytize under the guise of having doubts. Basically, ad hominem, either in place of a deconstruction of the argument or tacked on to the end just to be angry.

I like to think that as a collective we usually throw up a few good responses no matter the thread or OP. And it's usually just sarcasm or derails that get thrown out rather than open hostility - unless it clearly is someone banging the same ol' drum until it wears through.

But then, yes, there's also Taq.

(12-03-2014 06:34 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  And maybe the charge is correct. I wouldn't be surprised if it sometimes is. But it's so frequently deployed without a shred of evidence, that I can't help but suspect that many of the innocent are getting hit with it along with the guilty, and often driven off. I don't know if this forum even has a declared mission statement... but if it does have one, and if it includes fostering or hosting discussion on these topics, then its definitely failing. I don't know how to fix it. It might be unfixable. That's why I'm increasingly feeling like leaving.

Oh, like anywhere else'd have you.
Rolleyes

I dunno, if I don't care I usually just don't post anything.

(12-03-2014 06:34 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Proposed Method of Fixing It: Crickets

Well, Chippy got banned.

(12-03-2014 06:34 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  No, seriously. That's totally left blank.

Let's see... Muffs just got back from a long absence. And you say things had gone downhill recently. Coincidence? NEVER.

CORRELATION = CAUSATION TRUE SCIENCE FACT QED.

It's all Muff's fault. Place fell apart without him.

Drinking Beverage

... this is my signature!
12-03-2014, 07:41 PM
(12-03-2014 06:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I think Miss Meng set a new record by acquiring -31 reputation in less than a week. Consider

Pfft. -40 now and counting.

Now that's what I call trolling.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
12-03-2014, 07:49 PM
[Image: Dolores_Umbridge_Promo_still_from_HP5_mo...84eabe.jpg]
[+] 11 users Like Charis's post
12-03-2014, 08:07 PM
(12-03-2014 07:49 PM)Charis Wrote:  [Image: Dolores_Umbridge_Promo_still_from_HP5_mo...84eabe.jpg]

HeartHeartHeart Epic usage of Umbridge pic!!!! HeartHeartHeart

BowingBowingBowingBowingBowingBowing

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
12-03-2014, 08:11 PM
(12-03-2014 08:07 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 07:49 PM)Charis Wrote:  [Image: Dolores_Umbridge_Promo_still_from_HP5_mo...84eabe.jpg]

HeartHeartHeart Epic usage of Umbridge pic!!!! HeartHeartHeart

BowingBowingBowingBowingBowingBowing

HEY! Angry I'm the one who first brought her up! Besides, this is the second time that Charis posted the same picture, on the same page!

[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
12-03-2014, 08:14 PM
No, I posted the first pic of her (which was different) which did come after she was first mentioned. Then the picture of her with voldemort reference by someone else. Then this one with the fan.

The last time, someone posted a picture of a troll, saying "obvious troll is obvious." I followed that up with the troll with the fan.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
12-03-2014, 08:16 PM
(12-03-2014 08:14 PM)Charis Wrote:  No, I posted the first pic of her (which was different) which did come after she was first mentioned. Then the picture of her with voldemort reference by someone else. Then this one with the fan.

The last time, someone posted a picture of a troll, saying "obvious troll is obvious." I followed that up with the troll with the fan.

Ah, I see. I cannot however, say that I am a fan of your humor. Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like TSG's post