Mission Trips

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Mission Trips
So today one of my friends revealed that he is going on a mission trip with his church. Normally, I think most mission trips are good things because a lot of the time it's done to help people out with getting homes, food, water, etc. in poor countries. So where is my friend going on a mission trip to? Canada. Why? "Because they have more Walmarts than churches." He then proceeded to diss Canada for not being religious enough and for valuing McDonalds over God and some other annoying stuff.

While I do like the idea of mission trips so long as it is to better the lives of the people wherever you're going, I don't like it when churches start trying to spread their religion while doing so. No one wants religion shoved down their throat, but I feel like some mission trips do that at times. I don't know. I just think a mission trip to Canada of all places is weird.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2014, 12:18 AM
RE: Mission Trips
In other news, the "War on Walmart" has started in Canada today...

Atir aissom atir imon
11-01-2014, 12:21 AM
(11-01-2014 12:18 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  In other news, the "War on Walmart" has started in Canada today...

An aside, that corporation really does need to be completly removed from the world.
11-01-2014, 12:24 AM
(11-01-2014 12:21 AM)Foxen Wrote:  
(11-01-2014 12:18 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  In other news, the "War on Walmart" has started in Canada today...

An aside, that corporation really does need to be completly removed from the world.

No argument from me, was just going for the irony...

Atir aissom atir imon
11-01-2014, 02:37 AM
Rolleyes

Some of my mates from Zim went on mission to England to civilize the natives Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
11-01-2014, 06:54 AM
(11-01-2014 12:06 AM)southernbelle Wrote:  ...
I don't like it when churches start trying to spread their religion while doing so. No one wants religion shoved down their throat, but I feel like some mission trips do that at times.

At times?

I think that's the whole point.

Sending out the marketeers to sell the noxious product to get more people addicted.

Canada? Yes, that's odd.

Usually they target deprived regions of the world who are likely to suck up the supernatural like it was filtered drinking water, where education and health standards are low and where life is cruel.

Consider

Actually, maybe they've got a point.

11-01-2014, 07:18 AM
[Image: meme-wtf.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
11-01-2014, 07:19 AM
(11-01-2014 02:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes

Some of my mates from Zim went on mission to England to civilize the natives Big Grin

And they were suitably appreciative, I'm sure.

11-01-2014, 07:25 AM
I saw somebody fundraising for a mission trip to Ireland once. I was like, oh, you mean you're going on vacation?
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
11-01-2014, 09:40 AM
(11-01-2014 06:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  At times?

I think that's the whole point.

Well I know one friend who went on a mission trip to help educate the some of the young girls and boys about rape because the place they went to had an outrageous amount of rapes happen, and a lot of it had to do with a lack of education about it. Another friend of mine went to help build an orphanage. So they do sometimes go for other reasons. It's just the whole "Canada is the devil country because it has more Walmarts than churches so we must save all of its people" thing that my friend is trying to do. I kind of wish I could go with him just so I could see how to Canadians take it. It'd probably be pretty funny to see. Something tells me converting atheists there won't be any easier than converting atheists here.
[+] 1 user Likes southernbelle's post