Mission trips

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2015, 04:22 AM
RE: Mission trips
(31-03-2015 04:13 AM)Alex K Wrote:  But I guess they calculated that it helps their cause...

The thing that really grates me about a lot of charities is that they guilt trip you hard, even if you're a donor. So far MSF haven't done that to me...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2015, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2015 04:28 AM by Alex K.)
(31-03-2015 04:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 04:13 AM)Alex K Wrote:  But I guess they calculated that it helps their cause...

The thing that really grates me about a lot of charities is that they guilt trip you hard, even if you're a donor. So far MSF haven't done that to me...

No, I have to stress that I never perceived what MSF do as guilt tripping, it's usually a positive message up front, but it still feels awkward to me because I don't want to see myself as giving for such superficial reasons as being moved by the fate of some individual. If they sent me a bunch of pages with graphs, I'd be happier.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 1 user Likes Alex K's post
31-03-2015, 05:25 AM
(31-03-2015 04:24 AM)Alex K Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 04:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  The thing that really grates me about a lot of charities is that they guilt trip you hard, even if you're a donor. So far MSF haven't done that to me...

No, I have to stress that I never perceived what MSF do as guilt tripping, it's usually a positive message up front, but it still feels awkward to me because I don't want to see myself as giving for such superficial reasons. If they sent me a bunch of pages with graphs, I'd be happier.

No fully, I agree - Care though... some of the emails they used to send... I'd say they were guilt tripping... Maybe it's in the eye of the beholder though...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-03-2015, 03:58 PM
This thread reminds me of the skit on SNL about charity. So funny.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.