Missionaries. In. My. House!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Missionaries. In. My. House!
I have 3 Mormon missionaries in my house right now, talking to my 15 year old daughter. She invited them. The same kid who proudly wears atheist t-shirts and carries The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in her school backpack.

I think she's fucking with them.

They just opened with a prayer.

Yuck.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: Missionaries. In. My. House!
Just out of curiosity, how often do you get these missionaries knocking on your door? I've had two Christian ladies come knocking on my door one time and, obviously not knowing at the time who they were and what their purpose was, I mistakenly opened the door and promptly got myself pulled into a conversation with them. I got a free magazine out of it though lol Cool

Regards,
Lucius

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
31-01-2013, 07:43 PM
I don't invite them, so maybe something like once a year and I turn them away at the door.

This time she met them somewhere (on a bus I think) and invited them specifically to come over this evening, so they're her problem.

I laugh.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
31-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Why don't you record it? Consider
31-01-2013, 07:52 PM
i love fucking with those guys but the last time missionaries came to my door i asked them if theyd rather do a mission in a place where they might actually help people.. i told them their time might be better spent digging a well in Africa or something.
that would be a mission!
31-01-2013, 08:13 PM
(31-01-2013 07:35 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I have 3 Mormon missionaries in my house right now, talking to my 15 year old daughter. She invited them. The same kid who proudly wears atheist t-shirts and carries The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in her school backpack.

Yuck.
Are they cycle bots in starched white shirts with ties? They are among the most indoctrinated drones on the planet along side JWs. Three against one eh...lol. Well, she must just be bored or perhaps loves debating although it's a lost cause. You do realize they will be back, right? You might have unleashed something you are not prepared for. Let us know how it goes.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. – Thomas Paine
31-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Please get us a post-debate report, I'm interested.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
31-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Bah, it was boring.

She asked a lot of "what if..." questions and their primary answer was "Pray and seek Heavenly Father and you will find the answer". They weren't even very original. "Please read our book, learn the Truth".

Boring.

[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
31-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Maybe she is just exploring and I think you should be supportive. It's part of the process of being sure of what you believe in - questioning, discovering, thinking, experiencing, etc.

Now when she tells you that her Mormon husband is god of his own planet, that's when you can worry. Hobo
31-01-2013, 10:25 PM
(31-01-2013 07:35 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I have 3 Mormon missionaries in my house right now, talking to my 15 year old daughter. She invited them. The same kid who proudly wears atheist t-shirts and carries The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in her school backpack.

Yuck.

Fifteen year old daughter aye?

>.> <.<

You must be very proud.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.