Missionaries. In. My. House!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Missionaries. In. My. House!
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! Tongue

I don't suppose that their presentation was nearly this catchy?

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-02-2013, 01:50 AM
(31-01-2013 10:25 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Fifteen year old daughter aye?

>.> <.<

You must be very proud.

Actually, yes, quite proud. She told them straight up how silly their religion was and asked them several questions they couldn't answer, and several times when they started exchanging those "Maybe it's time to leave" glances, she reeled them in with another "Maybe I should read the book and see if this is for me" bullshit line to keep them dancing on her strings.

She wasn't as point-blank or as ruthless as I would have been, but hey, she's just 15. Give her time.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 5 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
01-02-2013, 01:56 AM
(01-02-2013 01:50 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  

>.> <.<

You must be very proud.

Actually, yes, quite proud. She told them straight up how silly their religion was and asked them several questions they couldn't answer, and several times when they started exchanging those "Maybe it's time to leave" glances, she reeled them in with another "Maybe I should read the book and see if this is for me" bullshit line to keep them dancing on her strings.

She wasn't as point-blank or as ruthless as I would have been, but hey, she's just 15. Give her time.
If you want you could send her my way. I'll teach her a few tricks and tactics. Hell I might make her the second coming of me....only smaller.....and female......and I'd still be alive......

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
01-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Those little mormon cult members will keep coming back day after day and as long as she keeps talking to them and letting them become a part of her life, they will slowly get her to come out of the house to a group meeting or an activity.

In that activity she will meet people who instantly like her and want to be around her. They will make her the leader of a group that is responsible for accomplishing some minor task. She will be praised for her efforts and then they will include her in the next activity (not invite, but expect her to be there).

The more time she spends with them, the more they have a chance of getting their hooks in.
They aren't religious hooks. They are social interactive hooks that many cults use very effectively.
One of the guys in the group will smile more, flirt more and give her some attention that a young girl likes.

On the day that she tells you that she's been invited to go help at some charity event to clean a park, that's when you need to worry. If you object to it, you'll be seen as being paranoid. After all "What's wrong with cleaning a park" ?

"No need to worry dad, I'm old enough to handle this cult that has recruited people by the millions"

I know I might be sounding paranoid myself, but this happened to a woman I was in love with. She loved to debate and once she invited them in, that was the first in many baby steps to lure her into becoming baptized in the mormon cult and in turn she began to spend all her free time with them and less with me. They kept her constantly busy with activities that built closeness with them while building walls with anyone who wasn't mormon.

Please explain this to your daughter.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post
01-02-2013, 07:09 AM

>.> <.<

You must be very proud.

Jeeze, you're raising a monster, you know that right? Girls already mature faster than boys, now she's going to eat them alive... Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-02-2013, 08:08 AM
(01-02-2013 02:15 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Those little mormon cult members will keep coming back day after day and as long as she keeps talking to them and letting them become a part of her life, they will slowly get her to come out of the house to a group meeting or an activity.

In that activity she will meet people who instantly like her and want to be around her. They will make her the leader of a group that is responsible for accomplishing some minor task. She will be praised for her efforts and then they will include her in the next activity (not invite, but expect her to be there).

The more time she spends with them, the more they have a chance of getting their hooks in.
They aren't religious hooks. They are social interactive hooks that many cults use very effectively.
One of the guys in the group will smile more, flirt more and give her some attention that a young girl likes.

On the day that she tells you that she's been invited to go help at some charity event to clean a park, that's when you need to worry. If you object to it, you'll be seen as being paranoid. After all "What's wrong with cleaning a park" ?

"No need to worry dad, I'm old enough to handle this cult that has recruited people by the millions"

I know I might be sounding paranoid myself, but this happened to a woman I was in love with. She loved to debate and once she invited them in, that was the first in many baby steps to lure her into becoming baptized in the mormon cult and in turn she began to spend all her free time with them and less with me. They kept her constantly busy with activities that built closeness with them while building walls with anyone who wasn't mormon.

Please explain this to your daughter.
On the other hand, if she can handle it then she will be taking time away from them that they could be spending converting other people. Not an altogether useless endeavour.
01-02-2013, 09:53 AM
(01-02-2013 02:15 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Please explain this to your daughter.
I already have.

Very well analyzed, by the way; that's exactly how they do it. And she is socially insecure which makes her a perfect target. We already had the talk about how this is not a good way to make friends and she gets it - the missionaries are not there to be her friends; they're just using the appearance of that to get her foot in the door.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 4 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
01-02-2013, 10:55 AM
If my either of my kids ever invited even 1 stranger into the house without asking me first, for any reason, they would be in big trouble. You never know when a rapist, burglar, or other thug is posing as a religious proselytizer to gain entrance for criminal reasons. I'm not criticizing; just expressing my opinion and offering the thought for what it's worth. Everyone does things differently.

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
01-02-2013, 11:46 AM
3 guys in your house looking to do a missionary job on your 15-year-old daughter... I think it's time to call Chris Hansen.

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DeathsNotoriousAngel's post
01-02-2013, 12:26 PM

>.> <.<

You must be very proud.

lol. Give your daughter a high-five for me. Cool

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post