Poll: Are missionaries criminals (knowingly or ignorantly)
YES
NO
[Show Results]

Missionaries, are they criminals ?.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: Missionaries, are they criminals ?.
(19-02-2014 07:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Mormons in Uganda is another case. That shit is getting people killed for being gay!

If you don't have time for the whole thing, watch from 30:20 and you'll get the idea.

The woman whispering into the child's ear @ 32:12 gives me a visceral reaction

What the...? Uuugh. Disgusting. This. This is why I can't be neutral about it.

It may seem innocent, but it's ridiculous and unacceptable when it is aimed at uneducated people.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
19-02-2014, 08:41 AM
(19-02-2014 06:16 AM)Wanderingcelt Wrote:  Sorry I am going to be a stickler for the wording.

From my knowledge a crime or criminal is in regards to actually doing things that are a illegal, and as we have not yet formed the United Federation of Planets yet and have something like the Prime Directive yet - this is not a crime. Unfortunately.

I think you are wrong: (as long as the UN is = UFOP)

"Crimes against humanity, as defined by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court Explanatory Memorandum, "are particularly odious offences in that they constitute a serious attack on human dignity or grave humiliation or a degradation of human beings."

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
19-02-2014, 08:58 AM
It's not illegal to go talk to people. So there's that. But we all know that's not what you really meant...

It is generally a predatory and exploitative practice, tying (explicitly or implicitly) material aid to acceptance of fantasies.

It's unquestionably a repulsive attitude. Self-absorbed faux-humility. Shit, it's practically the last vestige of the White Man's Burden. The foundational attitude is to be so assured that "I am better than other people" as to spend your life telling them so. And as alluded to, suppression and condemnation of existing practices across the world can at worst amount to no more than cultural genocide.

Fuck missionaries.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
19-02-2014, 09:03 AM
(19-02-2014 04:12 AM)sporehux Wrote:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-19/au...ea/5270374

Considering the Bible God's endorsement/indifference to genocide, slavery, incest, rape, misogyny, violence and and and and and and......
A missionaries crime is against the culture of their victims, that could harm generations of people.
I feel sorry for this guys family, but a serial killer can only cause a limited sphere of damage, missionaries can and have been responsible for culture extinctions.

North Korean's live in Hell, they don't need to be told that's where they are all going for eternity when they die, if they don't accept the brutal torture of an imaginary white dude.
Everybody who spreads hell propaganda is a criminal but how can you blame them if they really think they will burn there if they don't tell em how to get saved?
19-02-2014, 09:03 AM
(19-02-2014 08:58 AM)cjlr Wrote:  It's unquestionably a repulsive attitude. Self-absorbed faux-humility. Shit, it's practically the last vestige of the White Man's Burden. The foundational attitude is to be so assured that "I am better than other people" as to spend your life telling them so. And as alluded to, suppression and condemnation of existing practices across the world can at worst amount to no more than cultural genocide.

Fuck missionaries.

Damn, that would have worked much better for the OP title Smile

19-02-2014, 09:31 AM
(19-02-2014 07:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The woman whispering into the child's ear @ 32:12 gives me a visceral reaction

Now this really pisses me off the evangelists and missionaries always target the poor&illiterate as they'll easily submit to their dogma.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
19-02-2014, 09:36 AM
(19-02-2014 09:31 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 07:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The woman whispering into the child's ear @ 32:12 gives me a visceral reaction

Now this really pisses me off the evangelists and missionaries always target the poor&illiterate as they'll easily submit to their dogma.

Well lliterate ones already know about christianity while people in africa may do not. That's why they need to spread it. Just like the bible says.
[+] 2 users Like donotwant's post
19-02-2014, 09:55 AM
(19-02-2014 09:36 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 09:31 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Now this really pisses me off the evangelists and missionaries always target the poor&illiterate as they'll easily submit to their dogma.

Well lliterate ones already know about christianity while people in africa may do not. That's why they need to spread it. Just like the bible says.

Got to spread those lovely heart warming stories, like.

"Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves."

19-02-2014, 09:58 AM
(19-02-2014 09:55 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 09:36 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Well lliterate ones already know about christianity while people in africa may do not. That's why they need to spread it. Just like the bible says.

Got to spread those lovely heart warming stories, like.

"Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves."

As WLC would say gods command is what is moral Wink
19-02-2014, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 10:27 AM by sporehux.)
(19-02-2014 09:58 AM)donotwant Wrote:  As WLC would say gods command is what is moral Wink

Http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=245477
Hobo
I am so thankful my brain is my own.

Appologetics: answer
"The basis for morality is of course God, so one can hardly acknowledge Judeo-Christian morality on the one hand while condemning its source on the other".