Mississippi. Again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2015, 11:10 AM
RE: Mississippi. Again.
(20-02-2015 10:47 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(20-02-2015 10:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  Or you could move to educated, liberal, secular Massachusetts where there are many high-paying nursing jobs available. Yes

Pros to the South
Consider do you use an actual shovel for snow or is there a specific tool for that? (this girlie's never shoveled snow a day in her life)

There are shovels designed for moving snow.
I would do all the shoveling. Big Grin

Quote:Gulf of Mexico - warm, emerald green, white sand Cool

Atlantic Ocean - cool, bracing, rocky, lobsters. Thumbsup

Quote:Me!!! - do you really need another reason? Big Grin

Me. Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-02-2015, 11:24 AM
(20-02-2015 11:01 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(20-02-2015 10:47 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Pros to the South
Consider do you use an actual shovel for snow or is there a specific tool for that? (this girlie's never shoveled snow a day in her life)
Gulf of Mexico - warm, emerald green, white sand Cool
Me!!! - do you really need another reason? Big Grin

I've experienced both, growing up in CT and now living on the west coast of FL. Nurse, where are you? I'm in the Tampa/St. Pete area.

Huntsville, AL area

Quote:There is an upside ---

Inexperienced drivers driving a busload of Baptists off a cliff.......
Natural selection Thumbsup

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
20-02-2015, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2015 02:56 PM by cactus.)
[Image: iqykxv.jpg]
"Please let this will be a normal mission trip."
"With the interim youth pastor, NO WAY!"

Cruisin' on down Church Street
You're relaxed and feelin' good
Next thing that you know you're seein'
Pedestrians in the neighborhood!

Surfin' on a blood wave
Swervin' through the cars
Hide what's left of their intestines
Won't get locked behind those bars!

So strap your souls right to the seat
Hide your sins and and you won't die --
If we crash and you're not saved
Satan will bake you into a pie

On THE MAGIC CHURCH BUS...
Step inside -- it's a blessed ride!
Come on -- ride on THE MAGIC CHURCH BUS!

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 7 users Like cactus's post
20-02-2015, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2015 12:40 PM by pablo.)
Any chance we could just cut Mississippi loose?
Just tell them we don't see them as 'state material'anymore, and maybe we'll let them back in the union if they fix their busted-ass shit. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-02-2015, 12:55 PM
(20-02-2015 12:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  Any chance we could just cut Mississippi loose?
Just tell them we don't see them as 'state material'anymore, and maybe we'll let them back in the union if they fix their busted-ass shit. Big Grin

We should vote them off the island and extinguish their torch?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-02-2015, 01:41 PM
(20-02-2015 12:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  Any chance we could just cut Mississippi loose?

Yeh well they tried to leave the union once. Some Goddamn Yankees decided to come burn the entire infrastructure to the ground and make em stay Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
20-02-2015, 02:02 PM
(20-02-2015 01:41 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

Yeh well they tried to leave the union once. Some Goddamn Yankees decided to come burn the entire infrastructure to the ground and make em stay Tongue

Wasn't me. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-02-2015, 08:52 PM
(20-02-2015 10:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is a potentially fatal mistake being made. Those vehicles are very tricky to drive and require a lot of training to operate safely. This is putting everyone on the road at risk to convince a few small groups.

Yea, initial reaction was "good, maybe some untrained fucktard will drive the bus off a bridge, darwinism at its finest" BUUUT there are other road users on the road who could potentially fall victim to this bullshit law.

Whoever signed off on this law is a fucking retarded cunt. This law is beyond reckless and it truly blows my mind that in a country like US, even in Mississippi, that this law would be presented let alone approved and voted in.

It endangers the lives of other road users, people that use the sidewalk, people that live in homes close-ish to the road, road workers etc.. basically anyone anywhere near a road. And all for the sake of small churches not having to have someone take a drivers licencing test... That's beyond ridiculous, it's entirely irrational and completely counter-productive to the purpose of laws.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
20-02-2015, 09:03 PM
(20-02-2015 08:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-02-2015 10:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is a potentially fatal mistake being made. Those vehicles are very tricky to drive and require a lot of training to operate safely. This is putting everyone on the road at risk to convince a few small groups.

Yea, initial reaction was "good, maybe some untrained fucktard will drive the bus off a bridge, darwinism at its finest" BUUUT there are other road users on the road who could potentially fall victim to this bullshit law.

Whoever signed off on this law is a fucking retarded cunt. This law is beyond reckless and it truly blows my mind that in a country like US, even in Mississippi, that this law would be presented let alone approved and voted in.

It endangers the lives of other road users, people that use the sidewalk, people that live in homes close-ish to the road, road workers etc.. basically anyone anywhere near a road. And all for the sake of small churches not having to have someone take a drivers licencing test... That's beyond ridiculous, it's entirely irrational and completely counter-productive to the purpose of laws.

It’ll be fine...Jesus will take the wheel.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-02-2015, 09:14 PM
The stupid...it burns!!!!!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)