Mississippi Atheist Group needs Nativity type display to put next to Courthouse.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: Mississippi Atheist Group needs Nativity type display to put next to Courthouse.
(12-12-2015 07:08 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 06:22 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Recommend something simple and secular positive. It's easy to represent secular morality and the enjoyment of the holidays without gods.

[Image: KYuOL7x.jpg?1]

Am I being too harsh when I say I'd like to see something set up by atheists that didn't have a mythical character depicted on it? Confused

I kid! Tongue

Absolutely not! It could have a snowy tree in the forest or a wreath or a yule log. I just picked Santa because this similar to another post on FB where the Alabama atheists put up a billboard stating "skip church" "be good for goodness' sake".

I posted this one as an alternative to theirs that kind of slaps at religion for one that didn't. Some of my favorite holiday cards I've made were simple nature scenes with Happy Holidays on them. Smile

[Image: pbTMf37.jpg?1]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
12-12-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: Mississippi Atheist Group needs Nativity type display to put next to Courthouse.
(12-12-2015 07:27 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 06:22 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  [Image: KYuOL7x.jpg?1]
I don't think it counts as "Good for goodness' sake" when you're threatening me with a lump of coal in my stocking. Nice try Santa; you're not fooling anyone.

Laughat

Do people still do that because I never used that on my kids.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
12-12-2015, 10:49 PM
(12-12-2015 07:27 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 06:22 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  [Image: KYuOL7x.jpg?1]
I don't think it counts as "Good for goodness' sake" when you're threatening me with a lump of coal in my stocking. Nice try Santa; you're not fooling anyone.

You got coal? I got something that was shoveled out of the reindeer stalls.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
12-12-2015, 11:32 PM
PBR Festivus pole!

[Image: simpsons-pbr-version.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-12-2015, 01:09 AM
(12-12-2015 10:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This would be difficult to do but maybe a large poster of these great scientists most of whom were atheist or at the least, agnostics.

[Image: sciencelastsupper.jpg]

Yes, this displays exactly this:
"We would appreciate any positive ideas for displays that show we are good-hearted, hard working people just like they are."

good job, dancefortwo. good job Thumbsup

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
13-12-2015, 01:12 AM
(12-12-2015 07:54 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 07:08 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Am I being too harsh when I say I'd like to see something set up by atheists that didn't have a mythical character depicted on it? Confused

I kid! Tongue

Absolutely not! It could have a snowy tree in the forest or a wreath or a yule log. I just picked Santa because this similar to another post on FB where the Alabama atheists put up a billboard stating "skip church" "be good for goodness' sake".

I posted this one as an alternative to theirs that kind of slaps at religion for one that didn't. Some of my favorite holiday cards I've made were simple nature scenes with Happy Holidays on them. Smile

what Holidays do atheists celebrate at this time?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-12-2015, 03:25 AM
(13-12-2015 01:12 AM)Alla Wrote:  what Holidays do atheists celebrate at this time?

Whichever ones we fucking want to. There's nobody to dictate which ones we can, or cannot, celebrate. Everyday is an atheist holiday. Drinking Beverage

[Image: LQ4JT.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-12-2015, 04:47 AM
(12-12-2015 10:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This would be difficult to do but maybe a large poster of these great scientists most of whom were atheist or at the least, agnostics.

where is Christopher Hitchens ?
13-12-2015, 04:52 AM
(13-12-2015 04:47 AM)Ace Wrote:  

where is Christopher Hitchens ?

Hitchens was many great things, but a scientist wasn't one of them.

13-12-2015, 05:27 AM
(13-12-2015 01:12 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 07:54 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Absolutely not! It could have a snowy tree in the forest or a wreath or a yule log. I just picked Santa because this similar to another post on FB where the Alabama atheists put up a billboard stating "skip church" "be good for goodness' sake".

what Holidays do atheists celebrate at this time?

Darwin Day for one.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post