Mississippi Governor signs religious freedom law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Mississippi Governor signs religious freedom law
In the news today:

link

Quote:Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant signed a new law Tuesday that lets state employees and local business deny services to gay people on religious grounds.

Just a reminder, other things infringed on religion too.

[Image: p9mjnGy_zpshdswntjs.jpg]

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: Mississippi Governor signs religious freedom law
I had a friend who used to say -- "The pilgrims came to this country for religious freedom -- they wanted the freedom to be able to burn witches at the stake."....

Always sounded about right to me.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 7 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-04-2016, 06:56 PM
(06-04-2016 03:17 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  In the news today:

link

Quote:Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant signed a new law Tuesday that lets state employees and local business deny services to gay people on religious grounds.

"Cursed is the man who integrates"?. FFS, they didn't know what integral calculus was in those days! What a bunch of maroons. I ought to buy an "Out of Africa" shirt, seeing as how that's where we all started. And if they looked back in their own family tree, there is probably a Neanderthal in the wood pile. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-04-2016, 07:20 PM
So. Is this backwards, ignorant state going to start the construction of separate restrooms (to meet their legal requirements) for the 1.7 % of the population that is born (brilliantly *designed*) hermaphroditic, or medically "inter-sex" ? Or do they just not get to pee ?

Fucking morons.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-04-2016, 07:27 PM
They should pee on the state legislature and their fucktard governor.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
06-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Well at least it won't hurt them financially since nobody wants to do business in Mississippi anyway.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-04-2016, 09:23 PM
(06-04-2016 09:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well at least it won't hurt them financially since nobody wants to do business in Mississippi anyway.

No fucking shit to that. Sadly, it will have to wend its way through the courts until it reaches the SCOTUS for resolution...and then be defied yet again. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
07-04-2016, 06:33 AM
(06-04-2016 03:17 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  In the news today:

link

Jeremiah 11:3-6
Quote:3 And say thou unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel; Cursed be the man that obeyeth not the words of this covenant,

4 Which I commanded your fathers in the day that I brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying, Obey my voice, and do them, according to all which I command you: so shall ye be my people, and I will be your God:

5 That I may perform the oath which I have sworn unto your fathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey, as it is this day. Then answered I, and said, So be it, O Lord.

6 Then the Lord said unto me, Proclaim all these words in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, saying, Hear ye the words of this covenant, and do them.

Yes, that quite clearly says "integration is bad"

Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
07-04-2016, 06:57 AM
I wonder if other states should pass laws that allow businesses to refuse service to fucktards from Mississippi????

Sounds like a plan to me.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-04-2016, 07:03 AM
(07-04-2016 06:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I wonder if other states should pass laws that allow businesses to refuse service to fucktards from Mississippi????

Sounds like a plan to me.........

Thumbsup

Goodman, Trane, Rheem, International Cooling Products, Whirlpool, Dupont's freon department... get these guys to boycott Mississippi and they'll fold like a pair of twos.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.