Missouri Police Officer shoots and kills kid with a gun in self-defense.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2014 03:17 AM by JDog554.)
Missouri Police Officer shoots and kills kid with a gun in self-defense.
A police officer in Berkeley was checking out suspicious people at a gas station, as he was walking up to them one of the guys pulled out a gun and pointed it at the officer, fearing for his life the officer drew his gun and fired several shots killing an 18 year old. Protesters began filing in to protest the shooting.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-officer-mis...38962.html

Rant Start So is it ok for a kid to pull a gun on an officer just because he is black and is it not ok for an officer to defend himself against a black person? This is just getting stupid, yes there have been some discrimination and if people want to peacefully protest over those, I'm all for it but not every single thing that happens when a white man kills a black person have to do with race and protesting every single damn thing that happens is so unnecessary. I'm sick and tired of innocent cops who are just trying to do their damn job get yelled at and called names and shit because people think it's always a racial thing and how people can't do bad stuff because the color of their skin. No matter white, black, blue whatever if you pull a gun on an officer, he should feel he has the right to defend himself without worrying about if he is going to be forever labeled as a racist for doing his damn job. People need to grow up. Rant Over

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-12-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Missouri Police Officer shoots and kills black kid with a gun.
Let me say it like this jdog:

History

Fear

White man

Responsible

Pain

Not forgoten

Still feel prosecuted

This is why white cops shooting blacks, no matter what will get them in trouble. Even black cops are beginning to fear white cops. I wish you guys would wait 2 years before starting this shit. I agree it is unfair.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Quote:"One of the men pulled a handgun and pointed it at the officer, Schellman said. The officer fired several shots, striking and fatally wounding the man.

The second man fled, and the dead man's handgun has been recovered, according to Schellman."

According to the police. Right now, in that area, the police don't have the benefit of the doubt.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like dcobranchi's post
24-12-2014, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 09:11 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(24-12-2014 07:22 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Let me say it like this jdog:

History

Fear

White man

Responsible

Pain

Not forgoten

Still feel prosecuted

This is why white cops shooting blacks, no matter what will get them in trouble. Even black cops are beginning to fear white cops. I wish you guys would wait 2 years before starting this shit. I agree it is unfair.

If people think a cop wants to shoot a person, regardless of their color, unless he/she feels they or someone else is in danger you are wrong. Are there a some hothead, overly aggressive cops? Absolutely, us or them is a real issue for some to overcome. Are some of those cops racist? Most likely, it is america, and we come from many different backgrounds and have our own biases depending on where we were raised, our upbringing, and our experiences. There are 1.3 million cops in America, only a small percentage "make the news." One making the news is one too many, but to judge every cop is no different then profiling every black male as a possible suspect...wrong.

In my old agency of 1380ish cops, I knew of about 5 that really should have found a different profession. They created issues, always took things that could have been de-escalated and instead drove on ego and testosterone to create a physical confrontation...and the suspect always loses...this creates huge negative interrelations with the local population who see to much of officer unfriendly in their neighborhood. Never mind of course officer unfriendly wouldnt be in their neighborhood if all of the crime didnt occur there in the first place. It is a circular relationship unfortunately...perhaps we should focus on the causation of that, which would change perception and stereotypes, which would reduce cop presence and profile based perspectives....just a thought.

I also would like to bring up perspective. If you live your life looking behind every bush for racism, you will find it whether it exists or not. You hobble your own destiny with that huge chip on your shoulder. If you instead shake off your own biases, and focus on your individual success, and utilize the plethora of opportunities to get ahead, rather than obsess with your "plight". When you compare the experience of the AA community and the Native American community there is no comparison. The biases and history of the AA community pales greatly to the experiences of the native americans...yet they are not out flipping cars, murdering at the highest rate of any demographic group, and burning down the town. This is no way undermines or takes away from the frustrations and prejudices AAs have to deal with, I am merely pointing out perspective can help. When my two daughters died and wife committed suicide I got through it by using perspective...who was I to feel so angry and sad when people were going through much worse? SO I focused on bettering myself and my situation...years later I am happy beyond my dreams...never thought I could be happy again. Maybe to better explain, here is a paper I wrote recently on the civil rights movements and experiences of the AA and NA communities...

A paper I did on this subject, in relation to AA and Native American civil rights movements.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To discuss the similarities between the American Indian Movement (AIM) and other civil rights movements, like, for example, the African-American Civil Rights Movement(AACRM) of 1954 – 1960 requires one to understand causation and correlation.

Causation:

The American Indians had a long and violent historical relationship with/within the United States. From outright murder, biological warfare, oppression, and later internment into a prison without walls called a reservation… Where you could serve your life sentence scratching out a living one meal at a time, out of sight, and out of mind of the American public. Current estimations posit that the number of indigenous Native Americans that flourished in North America at the time of the European invasion was over 50 million. By the early 1900s, they numbered a couple hundred thousand people. This history of absolute genocide, oppression, and poverty completely emasculated and devastated the Native Americans.

The African Americans also had a long, challenging, and even violent historical relationship with/within the United States. In 1619, the first 19 W. Africans were brought to Virginia and sold as indentured servants. Overall, out of the 11 million W. Africans that were brought to the Western Hemisphere, 3% (about 300,000) were brought to the American colonies. The rest went to the West Indies, where they had a very low survival rate due to disease and living conditions. The history of the South and its development of indentured servants and later outright slavery of African-Americans was one I am sure we are all aware of. However, their experience was not on any level the same as that in which the American Indians went through. Not better or worse per se, just different. The one area that is vastly different is millions of Native Americans were murdered and killed by disease. In the entire history of lynching people (1880s to 1960s) 3,446 African Americans were killed (law 1). This in no way diminishes the frustration, oppression, civil rights violations, and debilitating effects of racism within America on African-Americans. I am just pointing out that the violent aspect against the two groups are not on the same level.

Correlation:

The AIM was formed to address American Indian sovereignty, treaty issues, spirituality, and leadership, while also addressing incidents of police harassment and racism against Native Americans under the US governments termination policies that were created in the 1930s.

The AACRM was a combination of social movements with the goal of ending racial segregation and discrimination while securing legal recognition and protection of citizen rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

In the late 1960s and 1970s the American Indian civil rights movement began to push back against the government imposed paradigm that they were forced to live. “In 1969, the federal government announced plans to decommission Fort Lawton and sell the property to private developers and local government” (Townsend and Nicholas 546). A group of native American activists briefly occupied Alcatraz island in San Francisco Bay. Another group of Native American activists made repeated attempts to occupy the Fort Lawton and demand the return of its land to them. Protesters were arrested, loaded into trucks, and hauled away to jail. The cycle repeated itself over and over drawing the national media attention and support from the local population. In 1971 they reached an agreement and a settlement. There is also the history of the “fish ins” across the Pacific Northwest that brought national attention to the Native Americans loss of free use of rivers and streams that had previously been protected by treaties. These actions and others like them continue to chip away at the oppression of Native Americans, and was the source of contention between tribes and the US government. Their civil rights movement was largely peaceful and shows that you can make change without violence.

In this era the AACRM was giving pushback through various social movements to give African-Americans equal ground and the same rights as other citizens. What began as a peaceful movement could get violent on both sides and often did. The struggle for equality is similar with that of the Native Americans struggle for equality, but the causation… The historical background and build up that resulted in this inequality, is diverse and different. Correlations can also be seen of course; indentured servitude, enslavement, lack of rights, and treatment as a second-class citizen is prevalent in both histories. However, the US government did not militarily, politically, and socially commit genocide against African-Americans like they did with the Native Americans.

In conclusion:

There is still work to be done in race relations and inequalities suffered by Native Americans and African-Americans to this day. I would submit to you that there are however distinct differences in the challenges each group must overcome in order to be successful, and to enjoy the “American dream.” I think if a young African American wishes to be successful, strives to stay out of the criminal justice system, endeavors to work hard in school, and apply himself to the plethora of opportunities in which he can utilize, his only obstacle is himself, and the size of his dreams… He can even be the president of the United States. I think if a young Native American wishes to be successful, strives to stay out of the criminal justice system, endeavors to work hard in school if he has the opportunity to go to school, and apply himself to the opportunities available to him, he must still overcome many obstacles to include himself, and the size of his dreams… What chance do you really think he could be the president of the United States? Who knows, and someday would not that be a nice legacy.

Works Cited

Townsend, Kenneth and Nicholas, Mark. First American: A history of native peoples. Ann Arbor, MI: Pearson education inc, Edwards brothers Malloy, 2013. Print.

-----------------------------------------------------
SO lets put down the biases, the frustration, the anger, the inner prejudices and figure out how we as a nation, move forward...what is the segue? Giving everyone the right to do what they want isnt the option, to give every one "40 acres and a mule" isnt the answer, to hobble and make it even more difficult for the police to do their job safely isnt the option....we must focus on causation. Yes, training can help, I have always thought we could use more de-escalation training...that sounds great and looks pretty on paper, but when you are dealing with a violent, fast paced confrontation, I am not going to spend a lot of time trying to figure out if the gun you are pointing at me is real, or if it has bullets in it, or if you will pull the trigger....to think that is the way it goes just delays the officer, makes him triple guess himself, which will just lead to more dead officers. That thought may make you happy, but that isnt where we as a society need to be. Your thoughts?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
24-12-2014, 08:35 AM
(24-12-2014 07:38 AM)dcobranchi Wrote:  
Quote:"One of the men pulled a handgun and pointed it at the officer, Schellman said. The officer fired several shots, striking and fatally wounding the man.

The second man fled, and the dead man's handgun has been recovered, according to Schellman."

According to the police. Right now, in that area, the police don't have the benefit of the doubt.

I always think the public and media should stay out it and let the investigation and system do its job. Instead though the media loves to plaster "Another black teen gunned down by white officer" because that helps things or identifies what really happened.....let the facts come out, THEN we can make our informed opinions..

"They won't tell me nothing. His girlfriend told me that the police was messing with him," the man's mother, Toni Martin, told a local broadcaster. "When he was trying to get up and run, they start shooting."

doesnt that sound familiar. what was that recent case where the guy shot at the police officer three times and the cop killed him, and behind the cop in the wall was the three bullets that matched the ballistics of the guys gun, and the guy had his fingerprints on the gun and powder burns and residue on him...yet his mom was on the news saying he was holding a samich...he would never have a gun, he didnt own a gun...then hours later, pics of him from social media holding up guns and flashing gang symbols....yup, innocent child skipping home from school again and the big bad racist cops just wanted to shoot him.

We can plaster examples of cases from both angles, right and wrong....lets wait and see what the evidence shows before we go flipping cars, assaulting more police, looting stores (because that is relevant) and burning buildings.

Yes

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
24-12-2014, 08:42 AM
(24-12-2014 08:24 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

History

Fear

White man

Responsible

Pain

Not forgoten

Still feel prosecuted

With all due respect Zeke, i must say that is a broad and sweeping accusation. If you think a cop wants to shoot a person, regardless of their color, unless he/she feels they or someone else is in danger you are wrong. Are there a some hothead, overly aggressive cops? Absolutely, us or them is a real issue for some to overcome. Are some of those cops racist? Most likely, it is america, and we come from many different backgrounds and have our own biases depending on where we were raised, our upbringing, and our experiences. There are 1.3 million cops in America, only a small percentage "make the news." One making the news is one too many, but to judge every cop is no different then profiling every black male as a possible suspect...wrong.

In my old agency of 1380ish cops, I knew of about 5 that really should have found a different profession. They created issues, always took things that could have been de-escalated and instead drove on ego and testosterone to create a physical confrontation...and the suspect always loses...this creates huge negative interrelations with the local population who see to much of officer unfriendly in their neighborhood. Never mind of course officer unfriendly wouldnt be in their neighborhood if all of the crime didnt occur there in the first place. It is a circular relationship unfortunately...perhaps we should focus on the causation of that, which would change perception and stereotypes, which would reduce cop presence and profile based perspectives....just a thought.

I also would like to bring up perspective. If you live your life looking behind every bush for racism, you will find it whether it exists or not. You hobble your own destiny with that huge chip on your shoulder. If you instead shake off your own biases, and focus on your individual success, and utilize the plethora of opportunities to get ahead, rather than obsess with your "plight". When you compare the experience of the AA community and the Native American community there is no comparison. The biases and history of the AA community pales greatly to the experiences of the native americans...yet they are not out flipping cars, murdering at the highest rate of any demographic group, and burning down the town. This is no way undermines or takes away from the frustrations and prejudices AAs have to deal with, I am merely pointing out perspective can help. When my two daughters died and wife committed suicide I got through it by using perspective...who was I to feel so angry and sad when people were going through much worse? SO I focused on bettering myself and my situation...years later I am happy beyond my dreams...never thought I could be happy again. Maybe to better explain, here is a paper I wrote recently on the civil rights movements and experiences of the AA and NA communities...

A paper I did on this subject, in relation to AA and Native American civil rights movements.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To discuss the similarities between the American Indian Movement (AIM) and other civil rights movements, like, for example, the African-American Civil Rights Movement(AACRM) of 1954 – 1960 requires one to understand causation and correlation.

Causation:

The American Indians had a long and violent historical relationship with/within the United States. From outright murder, biological warfare, oppression, and later internment into a prison without walls called a reservation… Where you could serve your life sentence scratching out a living one meal at a time, out of sight, and out of mind of the American public. Current estimations posit that the number of indigenous Native Americans that flourished in North America at the time of the European invasion was over 50 million. By the early 1900s, they numbered a couple hundred thousand people. This history of absolute genocide, oppression, and poverty completely emasculated and devastated the Native Americans.

The African Americans also had a long, challenging, and even violent historical relationship with/within the United States. In 1619, the first 19 W. Africans were brought to Virginia and sold as indentured servants. Overall, out of the 11 million W. Africans that were brought to the Western Hemisphere, 3% (about 300,000) were brought to the American colonies. The rest went to the West Indies, where they had a very low survival rate due to disease and living conditions. The history of the South and its development of indentured servants and later outright slavery of African-Americans was one I am sure we are all aware of. However, their experience was not on any level the same as that in which the American Indians went through. Not better or worse per se, just different. The one area that is vastly different is millions of Native Americans were murdered and killed by disease. In the entire history of lynching people (1880s to 1960s) 3,446 African Americans were killed (law 1). This in no way diminishes the frustration, oppression, civil rights violations, and debilitating effects of racism within America on African-Americans. I am just pointing out that the violent aspect against the two groups are not on the same level.

Correlation:

The AIM was formed to address American Indian sovereignty, treaty issues, spirituality, and leadership, while also addressing incidents of police harassment and racism against Native Americans under the US governments termination policies that were created in the 1930s.

The AACRM was a combination of social movements with the goal of ending racial segregation and discrimination while securing legal recognition and protection of citizen rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

In the late 1960s and 1970s the American Indian civil rights movement began to push back against the government imposed paradigm that they were forced to live. “In 1969, the federal government announced plans to decommission Fort Lawton and sell the property to private developers and local government” (Townsend and Nicholas 546). A group of native American activists briefly occupied Alcatraz island in San Francisco Bay. Another group of Native American activists made repeated attempts to occupy the Fort Lawton and demand the return of its land to them. Protesters were arrested, loaded into trucks, and hauled away to jail. The cycle repeated itself over and over drawing the national media attention and support from the local population. In 1971 they reached an agreement and a settlement. There is also the history of the “fish ins” across the Pacific Northwest that brought national attention to the Native Americans loss of free use of rivers and streams that had previously been protected by treaties. These actions and others like them continue to chip away at the oppression of Native Americans, and was the source of contention between tribes and the US government. Their civil rights movement was largely peaceful and shows that you can make change without violence.

In this era the AACRM was giving pushback through various social movements to give African-Americans equal ground and the same rights as other citizens. What began as a peaceful movement could get violent on both sides and often did. The struggle for equality is similar with that of the Native Americans struggle for equality, but the causation… The historical background and build up that resulted in this inequality, is diverse and different. Correlations can also be seen of course; indentured servitude, enslavement, lack of rights, and treatment as a second-class citizen is prevalent in both histories. However, the US government did not militarily, politically, and socially commit genocide against African-Americans like they did with the Native Americans.

In conclusion:

There is still work to be done in race relations and inequalities suffered by Native Americans and African-Americans to this day. I would submit to you that there are however distinct differences in the challenges each group must overcome in order to be successful, and to enjoy the “American dream.” I think if a young African American wishes to be successful, strives to stay out of the criminal justice system, endeavors to work hard in school, and apply himself to the plethora of opportunities in which he can utilize, his only obstacle is himself, and the size of his dreams… He can even be the president of the United States. I think if a young Native American wishes to be successful, strives to stay out of the criminal justice system, endeavors to work hard in school if he has the opportunity to go to school, and apply himself to the opportunities available to him, he must still overcome many obstacles to include himself, and the size of his dreams… What chance do you really think he could be the president of the United States? Who knows, and someday would not that be a nice legacy.

Works Cited

Townsend, Kenneth and Nicholas, Mark. First American: A history of native peoples. Ann Arbor, MI: Pearson education inc, Edwards brothers Malloy, 2013. Print.

SO lets put down the biases, the frustration, the anger, the inner prejudices and figure out how we as a nation, move forward...what is the segue? Giving everyone the right to do what they want isnt the option, to give every one "40 acres and a mule" isnt the answer, to hobble and make it even more difficult for the police to do their job safely isnt the option....we must focus on causation. Yes, training can help, I have always thought we could use more de-escalation training...that sounds great and looks pretty on paper, but when you are dealing with a violent, fast paced confrontation, I am not going to spend a lot of time trying to figure out if the gun you are pointing at me is real, or if it has bullets in it, or if you will pull the trigger....to think that is the way it goes just delays the officer, makes him triple guess himself, which will just lead to more dead officers. That thought may make you happy, but that isnt where we as a society need to be. Your thoughts?

A. I don't think the cop should be in trouble for self-defence, white cop black man or other wise

B. I don't think cops are racist

C. I was listing why negros don't trust cops when they see stuff like this, as many of our parents tell us

D. This is only popular because the media knows this will rile people up, I be if it was white on white no one would care.

E. Did I mention I said it was unfair?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-12-2014, 08:48 AM

History

Fear

White man

Responsible

Pain

Not forgoten

Still feel prosecuted

I understand that and I'm not saying they can't feel that way, I'm just saying they could do it in a more civilized manner, like hold a peaceful rally or something. Protesting every single incident and protecting criminals who clearly have done something wrong is just making them stoop to the racist cops level. It's not helping their cause at all and making innocent cops who truly want to protect people scared to do their job and they are being racist and stereotyping.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-12-2014, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 09:12 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(24-12-2014 08:42 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 08:24 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  With all due respect Zeke, i must say that is a broad and sweeping accusation. If you think a cop wants to shoot a person, regardless of their color, unless he/she feels they or someone else is in danger you are wrong. Are there a some hothead, overly aggressive cops? Absolutely, us or them is a real issue for some to overcome. Are some of those cops racist? Most likely, it is america, and we come from many different backgrounds and have our own biases depending on where we were raised, our upbringing, and our experiences. There are 1.3 million cops in America, only a small percentage "make the news." One making the news is one too many, but to judge every cop is no different then profiling every black male as a possible suspect...wrong.

Causation:

Correlation:

In conclusion:

Works Cited

A. I don't think the cop should be in trouble for self-defence, white cop black man or other wise

C. I was listing why negros don't trust cops when they see stuff like this, as many of our parents tell us

D. This is only popular because the media knows this will rile people up, I be if it was white on white no one would care.

Oh I was in no way coming at you Zeke, I know you have some anti cop opinions, which I can appreciate, and I have wanted to discuss the deeper issues of this paradigm when I had a chance.....I wasn't trying to argue with you....I am just sick of this situation and the general view that cops are A holes and are part of some grand conspiracy to oppress private citizens. No worries, back to my coffee. I spent too much time on yahoo this morning surfing all the news stories, and a big portion of those are every single shooting where it happens to be a white officer and black teen, and how the riots kick off, regardless of the facts of the situation...just makes me want to bang my head, i will go do that privately now Drooling

EDIT: I may have misread your reply Zeke, upon rereading it I see it different, my apologies if so.

24-12-2014, 09:11 AM
(24-12-2014 08:48 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  

History

Fear

White man

Responsible

Pain

Not forgoten

Still feel prosecuted

I understand that and I'm not saying they can't feel that way, I'm just saying they could do it in a more civilized manner, like hold a peaceful rally or something. Protesting every single incident and protecting criminals who clearly have done something wrong is just making them stoop to the racist cops level. It's not helping their cause at all and making innocent cops who truly want to protect people scared to do their job and they are being racist and stereotyping.

It is sad, that violence has to be the answer. That is why I said wait 2 years, because I will be out of america by then, so that when the violence does start I am not in the fire of it. It is hard to be a cop at this moment as now many of them can't go around without being seen as negro killers, or they hate us niggers. It is probably why the man pulled the gun on the cop to kill him thinking he would get revenge.

24-12-2014, 09:11 AM
(24-12-2014 08:53 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 08:42 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  A. I don't think the cop should be in trouble for self-defence, white cop black man or other wise

Oh I was in no way coming at you Zeke, I know you have some anti cop opinions, which I can appreciate, and I have wanted to discuss the deeper issues of this paradigm when I had a chance.....I wasn't trying to argue with you....I am just sick of this situation and the general view that cops are A holes and are part of some grand conspiracy to oppress private citizens. No worries, back to my coffee. I spent too much time on yahoo this morning surfing all the news stories, and a big portion of those are every single shooting where it happens to be a white officer and black teen, and how the riots kick off, regardless of the facts of the situation...just makes me want to bang my head, i will go do that privately now Drooling

Refer to my post to Jdog right now, because I do think it is sad.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post