Missouri Police Officer shoots and kills kid with a gun in self-defense.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 03:55 PM
RE: Missouri Police Officer shoots and kills black kid with a gun.
(24-12-2014 03:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 03:39 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  If you think I said "through" you need to reread, I said "though" correctly, maybe I should have added a comma there.

Oops, my bad.

[Image: 489d3fca58a6fccb3ed800632e2a5cb23023405c...091ddc.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2014, 03:59 PM
That thread title is some serious clickbait. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-12-2014, 04:07 PM
(24-12-2014 03:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 03:39 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  If you think I said "through" you need to reread, I said "though" correctly, maybe I should have added a comma there.

Oops, my bad.

All I'm saying is that it's rather suspicious that the cop was wearing a body cam and the cruiser had a dash cam and neither were turned on. If the gun and bullets come back clean with no prints on either it will become even more suspicious. It likely was a clean shoot but these irregularities are troublesome.

According to the news article, the dash cam only turns on when the police cars lights are on so since he didn't have his lights on I can see why that didn't record but I'll agree with you on the body cam but I think the video they do have is sufficient.
(24-12-2014 03:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That thread title is some serious clickbait. No

Quote:Clickbait is a pejorative term describing web content that is aimed at generating online advertising revenue, especially at the expense of quality or accuracy, relying on sensationalist headlines to attract click-throughs and to encourage forwarding of the material over online social networks.

This thread is in no way click bait. I don't make any money from it and the title of the thread is exactly what the topic of the thread is about. I don't understand how this is click bait. If that's the case then 60% of the threads in this forum is click bait by your standards. The links are just sources for my information, I in no way expect people to click them if they do not want to.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Cops are cleaning up the video. Good for them. I can actually see what's going on now.

#sigh
24-12-2014, 04:48 PM
(24-12-2014 04:07 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 03:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That thread title is some serious clickbait. No

Quote:Clickbait is a pejorative term describing web content that is aimed at generating online advertising revenue, especially at the expense of quality or accuracy, relying on sensationalist headlines to attract click-throughs and to encourage forwarding of the material over online social networks.

This thread is in no way click bait. I don't make any money from it and the title of the thread is exactly what the topic of the thread is about. I don't understand how this is click bait. If that's the case then 60% of the threads in this forum is click bait by your standards. The links are just sources for my information, I in no way expect people to click them if they do not want to.
Wikipedia is not a dictionary, m8. Your thread title is blatant clickb8. The article you linked to in the OP says that a Missouri police officer shot a man in self-defense; your thread title says that a Missouri police officer killed a "black kid" and conveniently leaves out the reason why he was shot. It's an incorrect, misleading and attention-grabbing version of the original article's headline.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Quote:According to a statement from St. Louis County police spokesman Sgt. Brian Schellman, a Berkeley police officer was conducting a routine business check at a gas station around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday when he saw two men and approached them.

One of the men pulled a handgun and pointed it at the officer, Schellman said. The officer fired several shots, striking and fatally wounding the man.

This, I think we can all agree is the story that the SLPD is putting out. Noticeably absent in their own account is any indication that the now-deceased suspect fired at the officer. Now, what can we make of this?

1. The cop was conducting a "routine business check" with his gun in his hand and when the now-deceased suspect saw that he pulled a gun and the cop shot him, or

2. The cop was conducting a "routine business check" with his gun in his holster and when he approached the now-deceased suspect that person pulled a gun on him and just fucking stood there while the cop drew his gun and blew him away?

As it always seems to happen the only story we hear is from the guy who lives. The guy who ends up dead never gets to say shit. That video is damn near useless. I can't tell if he has anything in his hand at all or simply lifting his arm in a defensive move.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
24-12-2014, 05:19 PM
(24-12-2014 05:10 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:According to a statement from St. Louis County police spokesman Sgt. Brian Schellman, a Berkeley police officer was conducting a routine business check at a gas station around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday when he saw two men and approached them.

One of the men pulled a handgun and pointed it at the officer, Schellman said. The officer fired several shots, striking and fatally wounding the man.

This, I think we can all agree is the story that the SLPD is putting out. Noticeably absent in their own account is any indication that the now-deceased suspect fired at the officer. Now, what can we make of this?

1. The cop was conducting a "routine business check" with his gun in his hand and when the now-deceased suspect saw that he pulled a gun and the cop shot him, or

2. The cop was conducting a "routine business check" with his gun in his holster and when he approached the now-deceased suspect that person pulled a gun on him and just fucking stood there while the cop drew his gun and blew him away?

As it always seems to happen the only story we hear is from the guy who lives. The guy who ends up dead never gets to say shit. That video is damn near useless. I can't tell if he has anything in his hand at all or simply lifting his arm in a defensive move.

3. Kid's gun could've jammed.

#sigh
24-12-2014, 05:19 PM
(24-12-2014 04:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Cops are cleaning up the video. Good for them. I can actually see what's going on now.

Alright, what does that dude in the black car at the end think he's doing?!

He calls that parking?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
24-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Cops released a couple of more angles.

Cop sure looks surprised as he stumbles all over himself to get away.

#sigh
24-12-2014, 06:59 PM
(24-12-2014 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 05:10 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  This, I think we can all agree is the story that the SLPD is putting out. Noticeably absent in their own account is any indication that the now-deceased suspect fired at the officer. Now, what can we make of this?

3. Kid's gun could've jammed.

4. Kid didn't have a gun and the cop dropped one on him after the murder....oh, excuse me. After the righteous shooting.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!