Missouri Releases Another Prisoner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2015, 07:45 AM
RE: Missouri Releases Another Prisoner
(23-10-2015 07:29 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 07:17 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You did 9 years Rocket?

And Life for 6 ponds of weed is insane.

Yeap. And all I did (allegedly) was develop an electronic in-home growth system for AIDS patients who wanted to be able to not have to go to a drug dealer to get their medicine. Wasn't even caught with any actual weed; they only had testimony by my ex-GF, whom I had just dumped after catching her cheating, that told them I was some kind of major player in the local weed market. It was enough to get me 30 years for manufacturing, as if I was making meth or something. They had none of the people I allegedly supplied to, and basically buried me because they were convinced I was part of a supplier network (I wasn't) and I refused to give them names. They kept me in dungeon-like isolation wards, surrounded by people screaming like they were being stabbed 23-hours-a-day, smearing poop, etc, because they wanted to "break" me so I'd give them names and wouldn't make them take me to trial. They would actually come by every week with the jail's psychologist, who was required to "sign off" on me being held in that unit, and ask me if I was ready to talk. When I said no, he'd say not a word, but would sign the paper standing right behind them.

When I was finally (and illegally) convicted, they stuck me into Maximum security facilities because of the length of my sentence, with murderers and rapists, etc. By comparison to the isolation cells in the crazy wards, it was a cake-walk, especially since by then I had gotten very good at jailhouse lawyering-- nothing else to do in that isolation cell but read law books, really.

Thankfully, they also prevented me from producing potentially exonerating evidence at trial, and they allowed some evidence that should not have been admitted, which got my case (eventually) reviewed by the higher courts, after seemingly-endless delays by the prosecution (at one point, they even claimed a lawyer quit ON THE DAY a reply was due to one of my appeals, which bought them another four months to get a reply in, via the new attorney). They did not establish in trial the required elements for such conviction, so the judge had simply removed the elements they could not prove to the jury from the jury instructions, and thus the conviction was baseless. Nine years of my life for nothing.

I'm glad you didn't have to do the full 30 years. You shouldn't have done 30 days, though.

It really disgusts me when I talk to many people about drug convictions. They've been so brainwashed by D.A.R.E. and all the other propaganda that they can't see the plain truth of the abuses that take place. They try to justify things with circular logic "It's illegal because it's bad. How do I know it's bad? Because it's illegal!" and they actually believe the bullshit they are fed about how horrible ALL drug users and anyone involved with them are.

I once was told that marijuana causes people to "rage out" and kill people at random. I had to laugh at the stupidity, especially because I was high out of my mind at the time and just wanted some Fritos and a nap.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
23-10-2015, 07:47 AM

Yeap. And all I did (allegedly) was develop an electronic in-home growth system for AIDS patients who wanted to be able to not have to go to a drug dealer to get their medicine. Wasn't even caught with any actual weed; they only had testimony by my ex-GF, whom I had just dumped after catching her cheating, that told them I was some kind of major player in the local weed market. It was enough to get me 30 years for manufacturing, as if I was making meth or something. They had none of the people I allegedly supplied to, and basically buried me because they were convinced I was part of a supplier network (I wasn't) and I refused to give them names. They kept me in dungeon-like isolation wards, surrounded by people screaming like they were being stabbed 23-hours-a-day, smearing poop, etc, because they wanted to "break" me so I'd give them names and wouldn't make them take me to trial. They would actually come by every week with the jail's psychologist, who was required to "sign off" on me being held in that unit, and ask me if I was ready to talk. When I said no, he'd say not a word, but would sign the paper standing right behind them.

When I was finally (and illegally) convicted, they stuck me into Maximum security facilities because of the length of my sentence, with murderers and rapists, etc. By comparison to the isolation cells in the crazy wards, it was a cake-walk, especially since by then I had gotten very good at jailhouse lawyering-- nothing else to do in that isolation cell but read law books, really.

Thankfully, they also prevented me from producing potentially exonerating evidence at trial, and they allowed some evidence that should not have been admitted, which got my case (eventually) reviewed by the higher courts, after seemingly-endless delays by the prosecution (at one point, they even claimed a lawyer quit ON THE DAY a reply was due to one of my appeals, which bought them another four months to get a reply in, via the new attorney). They did not establish in trial the required elements for such conviction, so the judge had simply removed the elements they could not prove to the jury from the jury instructions, and thus the conviction was baseless. Nine years of my life for nothing.

That`s completely insane. Like fuckin` East Germany in the worst communist years insane.
I`m sorry that you had to go trough that.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
23-10-2015, 07:58 AM
You should have your very own sticky thread for "life stories according to Rocket"
I would think you would have some doozies. Also this kind of makes you a semi-regional celebrity. At least for me. Smartass

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
23-10-2015, 08:08 AM

I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. The fact that you were able to come out from all of that and stay strong through all of that is a true testament to your character. Nine years, I can't even imagine. I am so glad life is amazing for you now with your beloved, your son, and a baby on the way!
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
23-10-2015, 08:12 AM
(23-10-2015 07:58 AM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  You should have your very own sticky thread for "life stories according to Rocket"
I would think you would have some doozies. Also this kind of makes you a semi-regional celebrity. At least for me. Smartass

I'm honestly frightened of how much I have shared, already. They are known for taking revenge on people who speak out, around this part of the country. I have to steel myself before talking about it at all, and resist the urge to pull it back down. I make myself do it because I know if I don't talk about it, I'll explode. But I'm scared shitless.

In the other window, I'm reading the story of a woman in the next state over (KS) whose child was taken from her because the teacher reported it to authorities after her son spoke out in the D.A.R.E. class, challenging their assertion that marijuana had no medical application and was addictive.

The things American, especially Southern and Midwestern USA, police are willing to do in the name of their social crusades would appall you.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Missouri Releases Another Prisoner
That's insane. These people don't review the stats of the states like CO and CA that have already legalized usage??? Ohio has an issue three to legalize it but I'm torn because it will create a monopoly and i think once that is rolling (no pun intended) it's more difficult to stop the ball.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
23-10-2015, 08:22 AM
(23-10-2015 08:17 AM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  That's insane. These people don't review the stats of the states like CO and CA that have already legalized usage??? Ohio has an issue three to legalize it but I'm torn because it will create a monopoly and i think once that is rolling (no pun intended) it's more difficult to stop the ball.

I look at the issue here in Ohio and although it's not optimal, it's a huge step towards national legalization. Freaking OHIO has a good chance of recreational legalization... Ohio... We're not exactly a progressive state.

I just want a hydroponic set up in my garage without having to worry about getting my door busted in.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
23-10-2015, 08:34 AM
(23-10-2015 08:12 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 07:58 AM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  You should have your very own sticky thread for "life stories according to Rocket"

I'm honestly frightened of how much I have shared, already. They are known for taking revenge on people who speak out, around this part of the country. I have to steel myself before talking about it at all, and resist the urge to pull it back down. I make myself do it because I know if I don't talk about it, I'll explode. But I'm scared shitless.

In the other window, I'm reading the story of a woman in the next state over (KS) whose child was taken from her because the teacher reported it to authorities after her son spoke out in the D.A.R.E. class, challenging their assertion that marijuana had no medical application and was addictive.

The things American, especially Southern and Midwestern USA, police are willing to do in the name of their social crusades would appall you.

Fortunately, most of them probably aren't on atheist forums.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
23-10-2015, 08:40 AM
(23-10-2015 08:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Fortunately, most of them probably aren't on atheist forums.

Point taken... but on the other hand, it's a public forum and... where better to look for Enemies of the State, so to speak?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
23-10-2015, 08:41 AM
(23-10-2015 07:00 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Some fascist overtones? Lol. Again... too mild. It is completely fascist.

I didn't want to exaggerate. It's certainly not thing that one would expect from country which allegedly values freedom so much.

(23-10-2015 07:00 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Yeah, here in the USA, it's pretty bad. The mandatory minimum sentences for minor offenses are often more harsh than the punishment for murder or rape.

That's so fucking stupid that I think I lost couple of brain cells just by reading about that.

(23-10-2015 07:00 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Luckily, the tide seems to be turning against the drug warriors and their asinine crusade.

I'm not optimistic about it. How one could play hard sheriff without those bad drugs and spouting shit about saving children from becoming junkie?

(23-10-2015 07:45 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  It really disgusts me when I talk to many people about drug convictions. They've been so brainwashed by D.A.R.E. and all the other propaganda that they can't see the plain truth of the abuses that take place. They try to justify things with circular logic "It's illegal because it's bad. How do I know it's bad? Because it's illegal!" and they actually believe the bullshit they are fed about how horrible ALL drug users and anyone involved with them are.

It's something that should be expected. It seems to me that a lot of people have stake in war on drugs being continued so propaganda machine is working non-stop. It's no wonder that people believe it. Also one should take into account how authoritarian ordinary person can be, it's not like all people want others to have freedom to choose.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post