Missouri enacts 72 hour abortion waiting period

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 04:24 AM
Missouri enacts 72 hour abortion waiting period
"Missouri women seeking abortions will face one of the nation's longest waiting periods, after state lawmakers overrode the governor's veto to enact a 72-hour delay that includes no exception for cases of rape or incest."

Freaking disgusting

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/misso...d-25424544
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2014, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 04:38 AM by One Above All.)
RE: Missouri enacts 72 hour abortion waiting period
Gotta keep big government out of our lives! Big government is trying to control us!
What's that? Women want to have abortions because they were raped? Better enact some laws right away to make them have to wait!
Facepalm

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 3 users Like One Above All's post
12-09-2014, 04:34 AM
WTF is with all these religioz and sex? Fuck them all I say. With cacti. Grrr Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
12-09-2014, 04:39 AM
(12-09-2014 04:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  WTF is with all these religioz and sex? Fuck them all I say. With cacti. Grrr Angry

Hey, cacti have feelings too, you know. Sad

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
12-09-2014, 05:45 AM
(12-09-2014 04:39 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 04:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  WTF is with all these religioz and sex? Fuck them all I say. With cacti. Grrr Angry

Hey, cacti have feelings too, you know. Sad

Are you one of those namby-pamby cactusists?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
12-09-2014, 05:49 AM
(12-09-2014 04:24 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  "Missouri women seeking abortions will face one of the nation's longest waiting periods, after state lawmakers overrode the governor's veto to enact a 72-hour delay that includes no exception for cases of rape or incest."

Freaking disgusting

I actually don't have a problem with this. It is a surgical procedure and taking three days to think about it seems reasonable to me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-09-2014, 06:04 AM
(12-09-2014 05:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 04:24 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  "Missouri women seeking abortions will face one of the nation's longest waiting periods, after state lawmakers overrode the governor's veto to enact a 72-hour delay that includes no exception for cases of rape or incest."

Freaking disgusting

I actually don't have a problem with this. It is a surgical procedure and taking three days to think about it seems reasonable to me.

So should we do this for all other surgical procedures? Or just the ones where the waiting period is intended to make a person feel guilty about having it in the first place?
"Oh, you're conjoined twins and need separating immediately due to the emotional distress this is causing you? Nah, you can wait."
"You're a woman who was raped and don't want to bear the child of your rapist? Give it some time. Who cares if you can't even get therapy because all you'll think about is the unwanted embryo who will forever be a reminder of the time you got raped, should you change your mind about having an abortion?"

It's a low-risk surgical procedure that is, nonetheless, never taken lightly. I've never heard of a woman whose first thought after finding out she's pregnant is "Well, time to get an(other) abortion!"

[+] 4 users Like One Above All's post
12-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Such a load of shit. It's not like you haven't already considered it before making the appointment.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
12-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Republicunt politicians playing to the crazy wing of the party.

Time to drag the state into federal court.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
12-09-2014, 09:26 AM
(12-09-2014 05:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Freaking disgusting

Well ma'am you seem to have a broken leg we will need to operate and insert screws. Please come back in 3 days.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post