Mistborn Series

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Mistborn Series
I am currently reading The Mistborn Series by Brandon Sanderson. Its actually quite good. The magic system he uses is fairly unique which makes it fun. Worth a read if you like Fantasy. Smile

Mostly just posting this because I'm sick of all the political bs posts. Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
17-03-2016, 08:37 AM
RE: Mistborn Series
I really like Sanderson's books, all of them. Mistborn was the first series I read from him. Be sure to read The Alloy of Law once you're done with that trilogy Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Sleepy's post
17-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the recomendation. Is The Final Empire the first one? That's what it looks like, but the title is misleading Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
17-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Of course, what business do I have starting a new series? I just started Stephen King's Gunslinger series.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
17-03-2016, 04:34 PM
(17-03-2016 04:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Thanks for the recomendation. Is The Final Empire the first one? That's what it looks like, but the title is misleading Laugh out load

Finale empire is the first one yes. LOL I have a friend who never finishes a series either. Naughty you! Finish those books first!
17-03-2016, 04:48 PM
True, I'm on like chapter six of the first book in the (from what I can tell) huge series.

I'll at least just buy this first one so that it's on my kindle to remind me what to read next once I'm all done, promise! Angel

18-03-2016, 12:05 PM
I just finished the Dark Tower series. Started great, middle was great, end was a bit "meh" to me. After so many books it is a challenge to keep the same high level up. The Malazan series I thought was awesome to the end.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
19-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Good timing, I too am reading this.
Which is saying something considering the last book I read was in primary school.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-03-2016, 06:31 PM
(01-03-2016 10:14 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I am currently reading The Mistborn Series by Brandon Sanderson. Its actually quite good. The magic system he uses is fairly unique which makes it fun. Worth a read if you like Fantasy. Smile

Mostly just posting this because I'm sick of all the political bs posts. Hobo

I read the series a while back. My thoughts contain spoilers, so:

I liked it overall. Its strongest point is the magic system, which is a precise system of rules that both empower and limit the characters... that's the best way to do magic in literature, IMO. I stopped enjoying it as much when I realized that it was a bit of a reskin of the Matrix trilogy. Like the Matrix trilogy, the first book is awesome and the next two... not so much. Alloy of Law was very very good, though.