• 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Mister Rogers Resurrects for a Music Career

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-mister-rogers-...over-.html

Quote:
PBS Digital Studios partnered with Symphony of Science's John D. Boswell
to create "Garden of Your Mind," which is an auto-tuned mash-up video
of the late iconic show host Fred Rogers slow-jamming about playing make
believe, being curious, and growing ideas.

"Do you ever imagine things?" Rogers "sings" during the song. "Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind?"

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
08-06-2012, 11:09 AM
RE: Mister Rogers Resurrects for a Music Career
This makes me happy every time I listen to it. It's so perfect- THE GARDEN OF YOUR MIND. Flip, I love his sweaters.

I put it in the wrong thread http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid123321 Sad because that thread has so much dang auto-tune in it already. Ha ha.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
08-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I also love the snap solo. "Did you ever feel, like doing this *snap, snap*". Oh man, he's so odd I love him!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
08-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Does anyone else feel like if he was around today, he'd be suspected of being a creepy pedophile?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
08-06-2012, 12:30 PM
(08-06-2012 12:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Does anyone else feel like if he was around today, he'd be suspected of being a creepy pedophile?
Considering he was even while he was around, I'd say yes.

Of course I don't know the truth, but I could see him being an easy target to accuse even if he's innocent. He has a slight creep vibe, but I think it's just the eccentric side of him that seems that way.
08-06-2012, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 12:45 PM by lucradis.)
He reminds me of a cross between Sheldon Cooper, Jimmy Stewart, and Bill Nye.

I like all three of those people so it's all good. For my childhood, Mr. Rogers was far less relevant than Mr. Dress Up.

Also I liked Bill Nye way better than Beakmans World.

Edit: I've now listened to this thing five times in a row. Going on the ipod.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
09-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks for posting this, Erx.

Fred was a classy guy.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
09-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for sharing...he was a different sort of character but I sure remember watching the shows. So different from the fast clips, cutaways, and loud kid shows that came after.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
16-04-2013, 06:49 PM
My daughter is 8 years old. Although we live far away from Boston, we started running together and ran the evening before the marathon. When we got home we were discussing the possibility of us running a 5K together in the near future, and eventually a marathon. It struck me wonderfully how full of life and inspiration my eight year old was to me. Aren't I supposed to be the one role modelling for her?

The next day of course I was sad and sickened to hear the news of Boston. Then when I heard of the eight year old child, my heart went to a dark place. Someone on that day was living my worst nightmare.

Shortly after I saw the photo of Mr Rogers circulating the internet, it really hit home. I could picture him as a young boy, not unlike my young child, with questions that deserved answers about the wrong doings of fellow human beings. Something so seemingly preventable becoming so tragic and overwhelming. My own daughter had those questions yesterday, too. We had to go through the painful conversation of disappointment, sadness, fear and death again. We had to bring ourselves to arrive at the place of hope, care, love, compassion and the greater good of humanity, which is hard to do on a day like that.

Mr Rogers is wise and thankfully his wisdom carried some of us through a tough moment. I wanted to apologize for my crass statements I made previously. I had forgotten about them until yesterday and I feel embarrassed to have shed a light on Mr Rogers that was unwarranted and not true.

[Image: ScreenShot2013-04-16at63240PM_zps73218910.png]
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
16-04-2013, 07:07 PM
(16-04-2013 06:49 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  My daughter is 8 years old. Although we live far away from Boston, we started running together and ran the evening before the marathon. When we got home we were discussing the possibility of us running a 5K together in the near future, and eventually a marathon. It struck me wonderfully how full of life and inspiration my eight year old was to me. Aren't I supposed to be the one role modelling for her?

The next day of course I was sad and sickened to hear the news of Boston. Then when I heard of the eight year old child, my heart went to a dark place. Someone on that day was living my worst nightmare.

Shortly after I saw the photo of Mr Rogers circulating the internet, it really hit home. I could picture him as a young boy, not unlike my young child, with questions that deserved answers about the wrong doings of fellow human beings. Something so seemingly preventable becoming so tragic and overwhelming. My own daughter had those questions yesterday, too. We had to go through the painful conversation of disappointment, sadness, fear and death again. We had to bring ourselves to arrive at the place of hope, care, love, compassion and the greater good of humanity, which is hard to do on a day like that.

Mr Rogers is wise and thankfully his wisdom carried some of us through a tough moment. I wanted to apologize for my crass statements I made previously. I had forgotten about them until yesterday and I feel embarrassed to have shed a light on Mr Rogers that was unwarranted and not true.

[Image: ScreenShot2013-04-16at63240PM_zps73218910.png]

*hugs*

Wanted to share this with you.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  No books, music, movies, or games. Just Funny TheGulegon 13 511 28-05-2013 01:21 AM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  Will all music, movies, and video games become redundant? Buddy Christ 6 1,273 13-07-2011 08:56 PM
Last Post: Tytanium