Mister Rogers Resurrects for a Music Career

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: Mister Rogers Resurrects for a Music Career
(16-04-2013 06:49 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  My daughter is 8 years old. Although we live far away from Boston, we started running together and ran the evening before the marathon. When we got home we were discussing the possibility of us running a 5K together in the near future, and eventually a marathon. It struck me wonderfully how full of life and inspiration my eight year old was to me. Aren't I supposed to be the one role modelling for her?

The next day of course I was sad and sickened to hear the news of Boston. Then when I heard of the eight year old child, my heart went to a dark place. Someone on that day was living my worst nightmare.

Shortly after I saw the photo of Mr Rogers circulating the internet, it really hit home. I could picture him as a young boy, not unlike my young child, with questions that deserved answers about the wrong doings of fellow human beings. Something so seemingly preventable becoming so tragic and overwhelming. My own daughter had those questions yesterday, too. We had to go through the painful conversation of disappointment, sadness, fear and death again. We had to bring ourselves to arrive at the place of hope, care, love, compassion and the greater good of humanity, which is hard to do on a day like that.

Mr Rogers is wise and thankfully his wisdom carried some of us through a tough moment. I wanted to apologize for my crass statements I made previously. I had forgotten about them until yesterday and I feel embarrassed to have shed a light on Mr Rogers that was unwarranted and not true.

[Image: ScreenShot2013-04-16at63240PM_zps73218910.png]

That is really touching and I saw that quote floating around as well. Fred Rodgers is probably in the top 10 greatest people to ever live regardless of his view on religion, which if most people who claim religion shared would not be the force for evil that it is. Anyway a while back I found this on the web and it is beyond touching. If you can get through the entire article and all the video clips without tearing up I'm pretty sure that means your a replicant and Harrison Ford will be around shortly.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-moments-th...-american/

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 07:45 PM
(16-04-2013 07:07 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  *hugs*

Wanted to share this with you.

Thank you. I love it. What do you do with the mad you feel? Powerful awareness and help.

(16-04-2013 07:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is really touching and I saw that quote floating around as well. Fred Rodgers is probably in the top 10 greatest people to ever live regardless of his view on religion, which if most people who claim religion shared would not be the force for evil that it is. Anyway a while back I found this on the web and it is beyond touching. If you can get through the entire article and all the video clips without tearing up I'm pretty sure that means your a replicant and Harrison Ford will be around shortly.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-moments-th...-american/

I absolutely love the individuality Mr Rogers brings to each person, which is reflected in this article. Everyone matters to him.

He would have been a great txt mssgr today. IPOY. Ha ha.
Find all posts by this user
20-04-2013, 10:55 PM
I guess I might as well be the one to do this. Rolleyes

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user