Mistreated by an admin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2018, 07:45 PM
Mistreated by an admin
Link to my post where I offended an admin

I posted a story about how we should not be able to be blocked, why, and how it would work. This admin responded with a blurb about a new feature on facebook that allows you to block that lasts only 30 days and how she found it so useful. I responded with why I was upset and ended it with "people like you disgust me". She ignored everything else I wrote and was so offended by my disgust, she marked my reputation to -1. What about how she offended me? Can I mark her profile with an unsatisfactory value? Am I supposed to swallow my offensiveness, but she doesn't have to swallow her offensiveness? I don't think she should be an admin if she acts like a child when offended.

I didn't edit anything. The whole list of interactions are there for everyone to read, unless this admin did anything to them. If she did, then she is afraid of the illegality of what she did. I feel that grownups should run things.

“Here, where a thousand
Captains swore grand conquest. . .Tall
Grass their monument.”
― Basho
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2018, 07:49 PM
RE: Mistreated by an admin
Revenant is not an admin. This section is for emotional support.

So, I'll just say that I am sorry that you feel such hurt and I hope you feel better soon.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
04-05-2018, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2018 09:33 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
I'm the ONLY admin on this forum.

I have never bothered to give you reputation, plus or minus.

ETA I moved this thread from personal issues and support to Forum Issues.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-05-2018, 09:48 PM
The person who you said "disgusted you" was not an admin, it was a moderator, Dom, who has responded in this thread, and it was a moderator who has not rated you at all.

Moderators and our admin are also members, and as members we have the right to give rep points that reflect our personal opinions of a poster.

fudge is the only divinity that matters
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
04-05-2018, 10:13 PM
This place is very smoothly and generously run. Some people need to chill.

[+] 4 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
04-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Boo fucking Hoo. So everyone else needs to listen to all the asshats and trolls for your precious freedoms but when someone voices an opinion about you it is tyranny. Noted and it rather illustrates why I neg repped you.

[Image: 938e6d0873ceecb2d458e6c39029d17d.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-05-2018, 01:32 AM
(04-05-2018 07:45 PM)AtheistTech Wrote:  I posted a story about how we should not be able to be blocked, why, and how it would work.

You're hilarious, albeit unintentionally:

- Suggested protecting freedom of expression via committees designed to limit freedom of expression.

- Failed to understand that invoking freedom of speech is the ultimate concession, as it implies that your argument is so gawdsawful that the nicest thing you can say about it is that the government can't legally arrest you for uttering that drivel.

- Completely missed the irony in "Quit using Ad hominem attacks and stick to the facts. People like you disgust me."

- Further whined when another member exercised their freedom of expression by giving him a negative rep.

Please stop sticking up for freedom of speech. Your thundering stoopidity is in danger of tarnishing a cause that I'm fond of.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 7 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-05-2018, 04:00 AM
(04-05-2018 09:48 PM)julep Wrote:  The person who you said "disgusted you" was not an admin, it was a moderator, Dom, who has responded in this thread, and it was a moderator who has not rated you at all.

No, it wasn't dom, it was me. A peon on the forum.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
05-05-2018, 04:20 AM
People often ask for new features of a forum but don't actually think about how that could happen. It's like they assume that admins and moderators will take their instructions and spend days programming code and modifying the forum software on their behalf. The OP's post is exactly this.

Secondly, some users can forget that the mods and admin are members and people too with their own opinions and aren't there to service them like paid employees. They're volunteers who are contributing something to the forum. This should not deny them their voice, even though this is most often what the complainer often rants about when they bring up the topic of their free speech being violated like their country's constitution applies to an international discussion forum in cyberspace.

AtheistTech. TTA is not an extension of America. Someone owns it. It has it's own rules. It's run by volunteers donating their free time. I don't see you offering to write custom code for the new features that you are asking for.

I mean just look at what you are expecting other people to do on your behalf for free.

(28-04-2018 02:51 AM)AtheistTech Wrote:  I would like to propose that the block feature be redesigned. If someone clicks on the block feature, they need to go to a form that will collect relevant information and screen shots that will ONLY be seen by a committee of peers who will decide if the block is the right thing to do and implement the block for that person if it IS the right thing to do.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
05-05-2018, 04:23 AM
Mistreated by an admin
Another butthurt troll. I thought that quota for this week was already fullfiled.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post