Misunderstood lyrics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: Misunderstood lyrics
I thought Travolta was singing about 'Tits of cream' in Grease.

I also thought that Elton John was 'Pissing in the stream' in one of his songs but can't remember which (too long ago). It might have been Honky Cat but can't be sure.

And, of course, I thought Jimi Hendix was singing "S'cuse me while I kiss this guy" in Purple Haze.

I also though Desmond Dekker was singing 'Me ears are alight' instead of the Israelites.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
04-07-2015, 11:56 AM
(04-07-2015 11:49 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'm starting to understand why you are surrounded by boys!

I once years ago told a girlfriend about my misheard lyric. Then they began using the song in a commercial on tv. She called me saying she now hated me forever because now all she heard was 'my dick'.

Bawahahahhah

Just now I was playing the song, and husband commented to me. 'Oh your listening to that song again. Yes he knows the story.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-07-2015, 12:07 PM
I've always missed understood Nelly Furtado's - I'm Like a bird.

When she sing's "I'm Like a Bird" I always hear "Hung like a bird." I never got it until someone told me that's not what she's saying.

And the Jimmy Hendricks song when he sing "Excuse me, while I kiss the sky. I always hear "Excuse me, while I kiss this guy."

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
04-07-2015, 12:16 PM
The classic from Blinded by the Light - Manfred Mann version.

Wrapped up like a douche ya wanna runner in the night...

WUT?!?!

Thank goodness for the internet so I could stop mis-hearing that one!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
04-07-2015, 12:24 PM
Of course most know about Hendrix singing "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy" ...

"Mandy", from Barry Manilow. I first heard it at eight, I thought he was singing "Oh Mandy / you kissed me and stopped me / from shaving". Man, that's weird, I thought.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-07-2015, 12:29 PM
(04-07-2015 12:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The classic from Blinded by the Light - Manfred Mann version.

Wrapped up like a douche ya wanna runner in the night...

WUT?!?!

Thank goodness for the internet so I could stop mis-hearing that one!

I love that version of the song. Springsteen's original just was never as good.

But the that song has to have the most tongue tying fucked up lyrics ever. Just keep singing douche instead of deuce, no one will think a thing. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-07-2015, 01:10 PM
If anyone here likes Friends, there was the episode where Phoebe said, "Hold me close young Tony Danza," instead of "Hold me closer tiny dancer."

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
04-07-2015, 01:14 PM
(04-07-2015 01:10 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  If anyone here likes Friends, there was the episode where Phoebe said, "Hold me close young Tony Danza," instead of "Hold me closer tiny dancer."

Oh, I remember that. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-07-2015, 01:19 PM
(04-07-2015 12:24 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Of course most know about Hendrix singing "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy" ...

"Mandy", from Barry Manilow. I first heard it at eight, I thought he was singing "Oh Mandy / you kissed me and stopped me / from shaving". Man, that's weird, I thought.

I thought that he was saying: "Oh Mandy / you kissed me and stopped me / from shagging". Even more weird.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post
04-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Holy shit, there's a site that actually compiles these things.

http://www.kissthisguy.com

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post