Misuse of the No True Scotsman Fallacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: Misuse of the No True Scotsman Fallacy
(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  In sum, and I did read the entirety of your post before responding,
Bullshit and you know it kid, you have frequently responded to posts I have made with NEW questions that only make sense if you didn't read/comprehend specific parts of my post.

If after all that all you have left is to out right lie then you have answered your own question on why I don't waste my prose on you.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The Q likes to repeat questions
This is all you have? THIS ^^^ is the best you can do?
So basically your defense is that you are not an ignorant fool who does not even read peoples responses but that your a pedantic and repetitive cunt? That's about the only bit of bullshit you have spouted that I would actually believe. Even though that's just clearly not the case (which is not to say you aren't a pedantic cunt for other reasons) it's actually a great example of exactly why you are not worth my time in any capacity outside of mockery and condemnation: because you ask a question, I give you the answer then, you re ask the question and never fucking address the content of the answer wasting my fucking time in the process. Why should I waste my time repeating things to you 4 or 5 times only to have you drop out of the thread, never address the answers, then re-ask the fucking question in a new thread a few days later? Is this the conduct of a person who deserves to be talked to like an adult? Is it the conduct of a person who ACTUALLY cares about the conversation? No it's not and you don't get to act like a stupid cunt and then complain that I treat you like a stupid cunt, you stupid cunt.

You are not interested in conversation your just interested in preaching and trying to feed your fragile ego.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  it has nothing to do with The Q's ignorance, real or feigned
Wrong. If you ask a question and someone responds with an on topic and relevant point, and then you fail to respond to the answer but instead ask the question again, you either didn't read the response (ignorant of the fact you received an answer) or you read it and chose to ignore it and ask again (feigning ignorance on having received an answer).

Which makes you not worth the time to answer in any kind of substantive way and thus you continue to answer your own question.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  when atheists duck questions
HAHAHA! This whole conversation is about how I constantly and consistently answer your questions and the fact that you dodge the answers. Could you even be a bigger hypocrite?

Do you honestly consider a person not answering the same question for the 11th time to be dodging the question? You are entirely full of shit.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  shift the goal posts
Which would be a relevant point if I had done that at all in this exchange, as I haven't you are free to go fuck yourself when you are done desperately grasping at straws.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  and curse and mock him.
Oh go turn the other cheek bitch. As I said before you don't get to whine about being treated like a stupid cunt when you act like a stupid cunt. If you don't wanna be made fun of don't be a fucking joke, if you don't wanna be cursed at don't act like a response evading piece of shit. You are the architect of your experience here, don't blame me that you built a piss soaked cardboard box.

One little side note: You have a tendency to revert back to talking in the third person when you get backed into a corner. It's hilarious and makes you a terrible lier when push comes to shove.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Think of it as proactively preparing you to answer questions from a higher authority.
So let me get this right....when I die I'll have to answer to your (fictional) god who will proceed to.....ask me inane, stupid, and poorly thought out questions with zero intellectual depth, ignore my answers, ask the same stupid questions and this cycle will repeat till he breaks down into a cry baby bitch 'cause I'm mean to him and then start making bullshit excuses for his own ineptitude both as a conversationalist and his inability to cover up his own ignorance?

Because that's the only higher authority you are preparing me for based on your actions and arguments dipshit.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-08-2015, 09:15 PM
I think we've let this troll live under the bridge long enough.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
28-08-2015, 09:24 PM
(28-08-2015 09:15 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I think we've let this troll live under the bridge long enough.

Nah, he's funny as fuck. I can't wait until he tries doing the maths again. "Half-infinity" bwahahahahahahahaha. It's always comic gold. Big Grin

#sigh
28-08-2015, 11:04 PM
(28-08-2015 09:15 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I think we've let this troll live under the bridge long enough.

I'd rather we keep the ones that take less then 4 minutes to type up a complete annihilation of their entire argument, or lack there of, just for the sake of convenience.

He's also a good education tool for the fence sitters out there. I'm sure he would agree, though he'd get why entirely wrong.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-09-2015, 01:28 PM
(28-08-2015 09:21 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 09:09 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Please deal with my definition,
Of that which makes the finest Christian,
It isn't any metaphor,
But which books they do give all for.

That physically hurt me to read. Never do that again - or, at least, never do it without taking some time to establish basic meter. Points for effort, though.

Regardless, your "definition" is rather the problem. "Those who truly follow Christ" is rather useless when there are literally dozens of sects all claiming to be the only true followers, and all have various quote-mined passages to support them.

I didn't say "truly" follow Christ. The dictionary and biblical definition agree: follower of Christ.

The problem isn't the working definition. The problem is that atheists like to claim that everyone who says they follow Christ, is doing what they say. I bet if we held atheists to similar standards on a variety of areas, we would find that some, not all, are hypocrites. Do you agree?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2015, 01:29 PM
(28-08-2015 09:32 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 09:21 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  That physically hurt me to read. Never do that again - or, at least, never do it without taking some time to establish basic meter. Points for effort, though.

Regardless, your "definition" is rather the problem. "Those who truly follow Christ" is rather useless when there are literally dozens of sects all claiming to be the only true followers, and all have various quote-mined passages to support them.

Yabut, when he has those special feels of righteousness, they're real, because he's the one having them.

Unlike all those other people. What do they know about their own feelings, after all?

I will back your assertion here if you will agree that not everyone who says they are an adherent of a particular belief or religion, is. Do you disagree?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
04-09-2015, 01:32 PM
(28-08-2015 06:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  In sum, and I did read the entirety of your post before responding,
Bullshit and you know it kid, you have frequently responded to posts I have made with NEW questions that only make sense if you didn't read/comprehend specific parts of my post.

If after all that all you have left is to out right lie then you have answered your own question on why I don't waste my prose on you.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The Q likes to repeat questions
This is all you have? THIS ^^^ is the best you can do?
So basically your defense is that you are not an ignorant fool who does not even read peoples responses but that your a pedantic and repetitive cunt? That's about the only bit of bullshit you have spouted that I would actually believe. Even though that's just clearly not the case (which is not to say you aren't a pedantic cunt for other reasons) it's actually a great example of exactly why you are not worth my time in any capacity outside of mockery and condemnation: because you ask a question, I give you the answer then, you re ask the question and never fucking address the content of the answer wasting my fucking time in the process. Why should I waste my time repeating things to you 4 or 5 times only to have you drop out of the thread, never address the answers, then re-ask the fucking question in a new thread a few days later? Is this the conduct of a person who deserves to be talked to like an adult? Is it the conduct of a person who ACTUALLY cares about the conversation? No it's not and you don't get to act like a stupid cunt and then complain that I treat you like a stupid cunt, you stupid cunt.

You are not interested in conversation your just interested in preaching and trying to feed your fragile ego.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  it has nothing to do with The Q's ignorance, real or feigned
Wrong. If you ask a question and someone responds with an on topic and relevant point, and then you fail to respond to the answer but instead ask the question again, you either didn't read the response (ignorant of the fact you received an answer) or you read it and chose to ignore it and ask again (feigning ignorance on having received an answer).

Which makes you not worth the time to answer in any kind of substantive way and thus you continue to answer your own question.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  when atheists duck questions
HAHAHA! This whole conversation is about how I constantly and consistently answer your questions and the fact that you dodge the answers. Could you even be a bigger hypocrite?

Do you honestly consider a person not answering the same question for the 11th time to be dodging the question? You are entirely full of shit.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  shift the goal posts
Which would be a relevant point if I had done that at all in this exchange, as I haven't you are free to go fuck yourself when you are done desperately grasping at straws.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  and curse and mock him.
Oh go turn the other cheek bitch. As I said before you don't get to whine about being treated like a stupid cunt when you act like a stupid cunt. If you don't wanna be made fun of don't be a fucking joke, if you don't wanna be cursed at don't act like a response evading piece of shit. You are the architect of your experience here, don't blame me that you built a piss soaked cardboard box.

One little side note: You have a tendency to revert back to talking in the third person when you get backed into a corner. It's hilarious and makes you a terrible lier when push comes to shove.

(28-08-2015 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Think of it as proactively preparing you to answer questions from a higher authority.
So let me get this right....when I die I'll have to answer to your (fictional) god who will proceed to.....ask me inane, stupid, and poorly thought out questions with zero intellectual depth, ignore my answers, ask the same stupid questions and this cycle will repeat till he breaks down into a cry baby bitch 'cause I'm mean to him and then start making bullshit excuses for his own ineptitude both as a conversationalist and his inability to cover up his own ignorance?

Because that's the only higher authority you are preparing me for based on your actions and arguments dipshit.Drinking Beverage

When you die and go to judgment, you can attempt to shift blame to me, and if blame lies with me, I will be judged. I understand that fact. However, I find rather that when you and I die you and I will have to answer for our own sins, transgressions and imperfections and that we will have no recourse to blame others, from Adam to you or I!

But, and I say this kindly, atheists typically shift blame--"How can God judge us all for Adam?" while forgetting basic Bible statements like those in Romans 5:

"The free gift isn't like Adam's transgression... for a judgment arose from one transgression, bringing suffering to many, but the free gift arose from many [trillions!] of transgressions bringing justification of life to many..."

04-09-2015, 03:05 PM
(04-09-2015 01:28 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 09:21 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  That physically hurt me to read. Never do that again - or, at least, never do it without taking some time to establish basic meter. Points for effort, though.

I didn't say "truly" follow Christ. The dictionary and biblical definition agree: follower of Christ.

The problem isn't the working definition. The problem is that atheists like to claim that everyone who says they follow Christ, is doing what they say.

It is not for us to determine who is and who isn't actually a follower of Christ.
You seem to think it is up to you.

Quote:I bet if we held atheists to similar standards on a variety of areas, we would find that some, not all, are hypocrites. Do you agree?

Variety of areas? There is only one - the lack of belief in any gods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-09-2015, 03:26 PM
(04-09-2015 01:28 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The problem is that atheists like to claim that everyone who says they follow Christ, is doing what they say. I bet if we held atheists to similar standards on a variety of areas, we would find that some, not all, are hypocrites. Do you agree?

If by hypocrite you mean atheists who follow Christ then sure. Of course.

#sigh
05-09-2015, 11:30 AM
(04-09-2015 01:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  When you die and go to judgment
I would love to know how many times I have to tell you that your delusions don't have authority fucko before it sinks into your thick skull. You have failed time and time again to give any kind of evidence for any of the things you repeatedly vomit out of your ass.
You are welcome to believe this obvious nonsense but it has no effect on me, so repeating it is not gonna do anything stupid. I'm not interested in reading your fan fiction so fuck off.

(04-09-2015 01:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  you can attempt to shift blame to me
Lets just be perfectly clear here: insofar as this forum is considered I've never once had to shift a single ounce of blame on to you because the blame, such as it is, started with you.
The fact that i consider you a joke worthy of derision and mockery, the fact I find you gullible and stupid beyond responsibility, and the fact I think you should be apposed for spreading a barbaric and patiently false nonsense religion is ENTIRELY your fault and I don't need to shift blame to you at all.
Also you need to reign in your delusional self importance if I was to "stand before god for judgment" I can assure you your name wont come up. I'll have more important things I want to talk about then some random fuckwit on the internet. Like why I'm being judged by a morally bankrupt genocidal maniac with a boner for slavery and rape. Not that that is relevant given that your god doesn't exist.

(04-09-2015 01:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  and if blame lies with me, I will be judged.
No you won't. You will be dead and your pedantic and wasted existence will thankfully come to an end.

(04-09-2015 01:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I understand that fact.
Facts are demonstrable, you have repeatedly failed to demonstrate Divine Judgment as a fact. I understand you believe that, but that does not make it a fact.

(04-09-2015 01:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  However, I find rather that when you and I die you and I will have to answer for our own sins, transgressions and imperfections and that we will have no recourse to blame others, from Adam to you or I!
Uh-huh could you get to the part in your silly little fan fiction where Hermine makes out with Luna Lovegood already. At least that would be interesting.Drinking Beverage

(04-09-2015 01:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  But, and I say this kindly, atheists typically shift blame--"How can God judge us all for Adam?" while forgetting basic Bible statements like those in Romans 5:

"The free gift isn't like Adam's transgression... for a judgment arose from one transgression, bringing suffering to many, but the free gift arose from many [trillions!] of transgressions bringing justification of life to many..."
Your. Book. Is. A. Work. Of. Fiction. I. Do. Not. Care. What. It. Says.

Fuckin' hell.

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post