Misuse of the No True Scotsman Fallacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 04:23 AM
RE: Misuse of the No True Scotsman Fallacy
'Round and 'round the cobbler's bench, the monkey chased the weasel....

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
25-09-2015, 08:45 AM
RE: Misuse of the No True Scotsman Fallacy
(24-09-2015 02:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 01:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ...And again, my objection to the "years later" argument includes the fact that none of the 9 NT writers mention a single detail of history that would have occurred past 70 AD, with the exception of John's Revelation, showing that Revelation was written after 70 AD to close the NT.

Except that almost all of them mention the destruction of the temple! Of course, you buy into their silly game of presenting this as a "prophecy". In reality, it is very good evidence that these things were written after AD 70.

The destruction of the temple but not the plowing of Jerusalem with salt and the diaspora and Masada and etc. showing they are early documents that halt at the destruction of the temple as prophesied--and to which they add prophecies of a third and even fourth temple. You have some, not all the story.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply