29-09-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: Mixed emotion anniversary
Awwwwww big hugs sweetie...

We've never met...but you're loved.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Four years ago today I had both breasts removed...I seem to be the only one that remembers. This morning as I thought about what all has gone on during this time and feeling a little hurt that no one else seems to understand the significance of this day I realized something...it takes someone else who has gone through cancer to 'get it'. So, I drove to the shop here in town that sells wigs and other post cancer supplies and talked to the lady that owns it. The local support group meets there. She understood, we talked for a few minutes, she gave me a hug and I left her to her customers.

I seldom feel weepy and I don't like it when I do...it's gonna be one of those days...sigh.

I fucking hate cancer.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Well, residual emotions or not, you win. Smile

You will likely always tear up at the memory. Just like thinking of my husband's death will always make me tear up.

But you are here to tell the tale, you went through all that shit and emerged a feisty person.

Good for you Anjele, and perhaps you would feel better if you volunteered a bit of time for a cancer related cause....

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man