http://news.yahoo.com/horses-could-soon-...07323.html

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-11-2011, 08:30 AM
RE: Mmmm, horse.
I heard it tastes like chicken.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-11-2011, 08:31 AM
In all honesty, I would probably try it and like it.

30-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Horsemeat is quite common in Belgium; tastes great with fries and a decorative shred of lettuce.

But it's true that many Americans oppose the thought of eating horse. Maybe the same goes for dogmeat in European eyes...

Do you have habit of eating rabbit over there? I've got this great recipe for a rabbit stew. Nevertheless, I still think bunnies are way cuter than horses (but love the taste anyway)... so I don't get what all the fuss is about. Or is it the personal relationship you have with a horse?

To be honest, I hate horses. My parents made me go to an equestrian camp when I was little; I hate those animals. They crap everywhere, are moody and even if you clean'em up, they still stink. Getting grinded into a juicy steak oughta serve'em right.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 3 users Like Thammuz's post
30-11-2011, 09:25 AM
(30-11-2011 09:13 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  Horsemeat is quite common in Belgium; tastes great with fries and a decorative shred of lettuce.

But it's true that many Americans oppose the thought of eating horse. Maybe the same goes for dogmeat in European eyes...

Do you have habit of eating rabbit over there? I've got this great recipe for a rabbit stew. Nevertheless, I still think bunnies are way cuter than horses (but love the taste anyway)... so I don't get what all the fuss is about. Or is it the personal relationship you have with a horse?

To be honest, I hate horses. My parents made me go to an equestrian camp when I was little; I hate those animals. They crap everywhere, are moody and even if you clean'em up, they still stink. Getting grinded into a juicy steak oughta serve'em right.

Holy crap, this.

I grew up with horses, and I quickly realized I hated them. Still... though, it's strange to think about eating them, but like I said, I would still probably do it.

And yes, rabbit is pretty common over here (American South). I hunt them a good bit. They are quite tasty.

30-11-2011, 09:40 AM
We raise our own rabbits for meat. Love those little buggers.

I've tried horse, and it was pretty good, but I still prefer beef for dometically raised meat. Horse really isn't available around here anyways though. Most people freak out when they hear I've tried horse, and freak even worse when I tell them I have no problem with it. It seems to me that as soon as you give an animal a name and treat it with love, most people suddenly think it's not ok to eat it. Personally, if the meat is good, any animal is ok to eat, and they all deserve to be raised with the care a pet recieves. Heck, even my chickens get treats.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
30-11-2011, 09:49 AM
As a side note, it drives me insane when I hear people claim that horse slaughter should be banned because it's inhumane. If they believe that to be the case (and trust me, slaughterhouses are not nice places) then they should be fighting to ban slaughter, not horse slaughter. Why don't cows, pigs, and chickens deserve the same humane treatment?

These people should stop trying to ban horse slaughter, and put their efforts into enforcing more humane slaugtering practices in general.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
30-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I've never tried horse, but i would give it a go given the chance.

I actually tried a kangaroo burger today and thought it was quite nice.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
30-11-2011, 11:10 AM

I would try anything, at least once, so why not? Smile
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Anyone ever wonder while they are eating some kind of meat they have never had before... if it is what whoever made it told you it was? ...

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!!!!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user