Can take or leave it. 14.81% 4 14.81%
Total 27 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Mmmmmmmmm, COFFEE!!!! :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: Mmmmmmmmm, COFFEE!!!! :)
(26-02-2016 04:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The minority view must be heard. Coffee is an acquired taste that I've never acquired. I've tried it a few times, and it's always "Yuck -- why does anyone drink this stuff?"

Hate is an overly strong word, but it's the most accurate of the 3 options given. I do not willingly drink coffee. If I want caffeine, I drink Coke. If I want a warm drink, it's hot cocoa.

Grasshopper, you and me are on the same page. Thumbsup I've tried like hell to like coffee. Unlike bacon which smells as good as it tastes, coffee smells great but tastes crappy. The only way I can drink coffee is if I put a half a cup of sugar in it and drown it in chocolate syrup. I drink tea, English style, with milk and sugar or hot cocoa. Not much of a coke drinker but on a hot summer's day it's fantastic. Coffee though, yuck.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-02-2016, 04:37 PM
(26-02-2016 04:32 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 04:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The minority view must be heard. Coffee is an acquired taste that I've never acquired. I've tried it a few times, and it's always "Yuck -- why does anyone drink this stuff?"

Hate is an overly strong word, but it's the most accurate of the 3 options given. I do not willingly drink coffee. If I want caffeine, I drink Coke. If I want a warm drink, it's hot cocoa.

Grasshopper, you and me are on the same page. Thumbsup I've tried like hell to like coffee. Unlike bacon which smells as good as it tastes, coffee smells great but tastes crappy. The only way I can drink coffee is if I put a half a cup of sugar in it and drown it in chocolate syrup. I drink tea, English style, with milk and sugar or hot cocoa. Not much of a coke drinker but on a hot summer's day it's fantastic. Coffee though, yuck.
WHAT, WHAT, WHAAAT!
You drink tea with milk and sugar! That's horrible. Do you use a drop of lemon and have a biscuit on the side too?
26-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Tea with lemon and sugar. Coffee, freshly ground and made in a simple Italian Espresso pot.

I prefer coffee in the morning, but can substitute tea if needed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-02-2016, 04:43 PM
I routinely purchase two different types of whole bean coffee and mix them together. I grind the beans each morning. When our grinder went on the fritz, I used a mortar and pestle -- I actually felt that worked better, but took longer and it was a bit messy.

I can't function without my coffee in the morning. As many here can vouch when I've posted without it. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-02-2016, 04:47 PM
(26-02-2016 04:37 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 04:32 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Grasshopper, you and me are on the same page. Thumbsup I've tried like hell to like coffee. Unlike bacon which smells as good as it tastes, coffee smells great but tastes crappy. The only way I can drink coffee is if I put a half a cup of sugar in it and drown it in chocolate syrup. I drink tea, English style, with milk and sugar or hot cocoa. Not much of a coke drinker but on a hot summer's day it's fantastic. Coffee though, yuck.
WHAT, WHAT, WHAAAT!
You drink tea with milk and sugar! That's horrible. Do you use a drop of lemon and have a biscuit on the side too?

No lemmon. Toast on the side. It's my breakfast every day and I have tea in the afternoon too. Always with milk and sugar. Big Grin

But for all the coffee drinkers, here ya go! Love this song.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
26-02-2016, 04:53 PM
[Image: coffee.png]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-02-2016, 04:54 PM
I love the smell and taste of coffee but I can't remember the last time I had any. It's been several years at least and probably more than 20 since I drank it regularly. I found that I prefer tea and just never looked back.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
26-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Has anyone tried cold brewed coffee?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
26-02-2016, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2016 05:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-02-2016 05:19 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Has anyone tried cold brewed coffee?

Yep. I like it. But I ain't gonna pay $5 to Starbucks when I can make it myself. Trick is to use coarse grind or it won't clear up.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-02-2016, 06:20 PM
I love a cup of strong black coffee first thing in the morning. Throughout the rest of the day I'll drink four of five cups of strong black tea.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí