Mob beats man into critical condition. “Now thats justice for Trayvon.”

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2012, 02:31 PM
RE: Mob beats man into critical condition. “Now thats justice for Trayvon.”
(27-04-2012 02:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Zimmerman isn't white.

He identifies as Hispanic.
I assumed he was talking about the white guy in this case. Suggesting that if the white guy started it then it can't be a hate crime.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2012, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 09:16 PM by Thomas.)
"Can't we just all get along?", Rodney King
The racial hatred sits just under the surface and then the spark happens.
The outrage is not about Martin or about the hispanic guy who shot him.
It's about everything racial.

Hates Crimes violate the equal treatment clause of the constitution.
Crime = Sentence
Crime + Thought = Sentence+
Thought = +; therefore, thought = sentence (crime)
Thought is not a crime, so no +
Also, Sentence+ is not = to Sentence
Can't give one person sentence and another sentence+ for the same crime, especially when based on race.
This will end up in the Supreme Court at some point and I predict a big loss.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
27-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Wow... This is the reason I left the US. Confused

It's more dangerous living in the States than living in the Middle East.
Political correctness ruined America to the point where people of any
color or race think they're owed something for nothing. Unsure

What if everyone was blind? We'd still find a reason to hate each other. Cool

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
28-04-2012, 09:45 AM
(27-04-2012 10:30 PM)arcticspear Wrote:  Wow... This is the reason I left the US. Confused

It's more dangerous living in the States than living in the Middle East.
Political correctness ruined America to the point where people of any
color or race think they're owed something for nothing. Unsure

What if everyone was blind? We'd still find a reason to hate each other. Cool
Sadly the answer to your question is probably yes.
Humans are 99.988% genetically the same. Race is actually a made up construct.
We are the most nondiverse species on the planet when you don't count the endangered species.
On top of race we then create "ethnic" differences.
Aliens visiting earth would think us insane.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
28-04-2012, 03:51 PM
(28-04-2012 09:45 AM)Thomas Wrote:  Aliens visiting earth would think us insane.
Heck! Aliens visiting from Mexico think we're insane...

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
[+] 2 users Like arcticspear's post
28-04-2012, 06:45 PM
(27-04-2012 02:27 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I just don't understand how the Travon case can be turned into this national race issue but essentially the same thing happens in another jurisdiction and the police flat out say that they aren't treating this as a hate crime. It is my opnion that had this white guy been a black guy there would have been no altercation much less a statment about justice for TM.
Firstly, the Trayvon case is bigger than the case, and also was not a hate crime, if it was even a crime at all.

I basically compare it to Kanye West taking the award from Taylor Swift. Him taking the award and stealing her spotlight was wrong, but the point he was trying to make was absolutely and justifiably correct. It's basically bottled up emotion that doesn't get to be let out, and when you hold it in for long enough without addressing the problems you want to address, sometimes you take opportunities to vent your frustration without analyzing whether or not that is or isn't the best means and opportunity to get your side of the story out.

With Kanye, it was with the music industry, award shows specifically, and how they aren't always fair to black artist and black music, and even within the realm of black artist and black music, or in general, they are not always accurate in determining and justly rewarding the honor of best to the artist that was actually the best. Ironically enough, his own point of view could likely be used against himself, because some of his rap Grammy Awards should have probably went to more deserving, yet lesser known, artists who dropped better work.

As far as the Trayvon case goes, it really is bigger than that one occurrence. I know for a fact that people ignore the problems, but racism, or more specifically, prejudicial discrimination and stereotyping are a regular part of growing up as a black man or women in the US. It's not always criminal profiling, and it isn't always open and obvious or even on purpose, but it does happen all the time. Like I said, most of it isn't even on purpose and a lot of it is institutionalized. I mean you really have to look at the fact that only about 13% of the population is black, and that alone can cause the problem without stereotyping and prejudice even coming into the equation. In just being utilitarian, democratic or following markets, you can get away with only serving whites easily, because that's over 70% of the population. Unless you grow up in a black community, regardless of your race, you really don't understand that there are cultural difference that are not only not correctly recognized and not properly accepted in mainstream society, but are looked down upon, discriminated against and vilified. That was where the outrage in the Trayvon Martin case was coming from. It might not have been the right time and definitely wasn't a fully effective means to the end of ending or even helping the problem, but that is where it was coming from.

And to quickly make my second point, over 90% of murders committed by blacks are committed by other blacks. That's a statistic. For the reality, go to any inner city poverty stricken neighborhood in America, and say something or do something offensive and see how long it takes for you to get your ass kicked; it doesn't matter what your race is. That isn't a black mentality or any type of race mentality, and to the crime in question, it definitely isn't a hate or race related in nature; it's a gang mentality that exists in every inner city in America due to government policies made by politicians who refuse to take the issue seriously and make drastic changes in order to insure that those problems are solved.

I know people who sold drugs, sell drugs, have been shot, have been murdered, went to prison, and it is, for a fact, economical issues, educational issues, and institutionalized racial issues that are leading to lack of opportunity, which in turn leads to other overwhelming problems. Race has to be brought up in the discussions because there isn't really a strong mainstream political effort to stop these problems, and there are laws on the books, that make it even harder for these problems to be resolved, and these problems are happening in predominantly black areas.

So, really, it's extremely offensive to bring up and/or compare these two incidence as if there is any similarities.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post
30-04-2012, 09:29 AM
(28-04-2012 06:45 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  With Kanye, it was with the music industry, award shows specifically, and how they aren't always fair to black artist and black music,
Stopped reading here. That is a load of crap. You really think that the MTV Video Music Awards has a race preference? It's MTV brah. Hip hop, rap, and R&B would be nothing without MTV promoting it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
30-04-2012, 09:48 PM
From what I can deduce from the article is that a lot of kids play basketball on the street..... this action has caused tensions before. The man who got beaten up was described as first approaching these kids "fussing" them.... now fussing could mean a lot of things but nevertheless this "fussing" caused a large gang of men, women and children to group together and attack this man.

There is insufficient evidence in the article to really say how it all kicked off and if anybody was more in the wrong than the other with regards to sparking it all off........ also to the matter of wether he deserved it or not.

If he got beat up for no reason other than being caucasian then that is a hate crime..... whatever sparked off the initial conflict though is I imagine why he got beaten.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
01-05-2012, 08:25 AM
(30-04-2012 09:48 PM)bemore Wrote:  From what I can deduce from the article is that a lot of kids play basketball on the street..... this action has caused tensions before. The man who got beaten up was described as first approaching these kids "fussing" them.... now fussing could mean a lot of things but nevertheless this "fussing" caused a large gang of men, women and children to group together and attack this man.

There is insufficient evidence in the article to really say how it all kicked off and if anybody was more in the wrong than the other with regards to sparking it all off........ also to the matter of wether he deserved it or not.

If he got beat up for no reason other than being caucasian then that is a hate crime..... whatever sparked off the initial conflict though is I imagine why he got beaten.
I have to assume that the motivation was "how dare that white man tell you not to play basketball'. I only think that because the recent tension associated with this case could spur that kind of attitude. Had Zim/Martin never happened I would assume otherwise.

-Mark Twain
01-05-2012, 09:13 AM
(30-04-2012 09:29 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 06:45 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  With Kanye, it was with the music industry, award shows specifically, and how they aren't always fair to black artist and black music,
Stopped reading here. That is a load of crap. You really think that the MTV Video Music Awards has a race preference? It's MTV brah. Hip hop, rap, and R&B would be nothing without MTV promoting it.
I hate to agree, but I have to. Only 1 in 6 Americans are black, thus the odds you win anything is already stacked against you without even considering race. Throwing up the race card every single time something you don't like happens is a major part of the problem. It's almost starting to sound like the boy who cried wolf at this point.

On the other hand there are a lot of whites on the other side of the spectrum that basically do the same thing. They throw a bitch fit whenever a black kid gets the spotlight. Then they proclaim reverse racism, a ridiculous term, whenever a similar situation with a white person occurs and isn't given as much coverage. Of course, tons of stories occur across the globe and don't get their justified air time either, but that's an obvious fact they tend to ignore.