Mob beats man into critical condition. “Now thats justice for Trayvon.”

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
RE: Mob beats man into critical condition. “Now thats justice for Trayvon.”
(30-04-2012 09:29 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 06:45 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  With Kanye, it was with the music industry, award shows specifically, and how they aren't always fair to black artist and black music,
Stopped reading here. That is a load of crap. You really think that the MTV Video Music Awards has a race preference? It's MTV brah. Hip hop, rap, and R&B would be nothing without MTV promoting it.
You probably shouldn't have stopped reading. I never mentioned MTV, I was speaking about the music industry in general, but race wasn't really the only thing I was addressing there. If you would have read on, you would have seen where I was talking about Kanye being hurt by his own opinion. It also had to do with quality of music being ignored by award shows, not MTV specifically.

Look at any award show today and you can tell that nobody cares about talent. I can't name one artist who actually won an award and was also a good artist.

Also, R&B was popular in the '50s (well before MTV). Hip-Hop was also a cultural movement, big prior the MTV also. And Rap music was popular around the same time MTV came out. If you wanted to say anything, you'd have said MTV would have been nothing without rap, hip hop and R&B, not the other way around. MTV Raps came out after rap music blew up beyond imagination. They were in it for the money, not because they gave a shit about the artist or the music. If any of them actually cared, we wouldn't have seen all of the music video networks turn into realty tv networks.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 01:32 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(01-05-2012 01:12 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  
(30-04-2012 09:29 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Stopped reading here. That is a load of crap. You really think that the MTV Video Music Awards has a race preference? It's MTV brah. Hip hop, rap, and R&B would be nothing without MTV promoting it.
You probably shouldn't have stopped reading. I never mentioned MTV, I was speaking about the music industry in general, but race wasn't really the only thing I was addressing there. If you would have read on, you would have seen where I was talking about Kanye being hurt by his own opinion. It also had to do with quality of music being ignored by award shows, not MTV specifically.

Look at any award show today and you can tell that nobody cares about talent. I can't name one artist who actually won an award and was also a good artist.

Also, R&B was popular in the '50s (well before MTV). Hip-Hop was also a cultural movement, big prior the MTV also. And Rap music was popular around the same time MTV came out. If you wanted to say anything, you'd have said MTV would have been nothing without rap, hip hop and R&B, not the other way around. MTV Raps came out after rap music blew up beyond imagination. They were in it for the money, not because they gave a shit about the artist or the music. If any of them actually cared, we wouldn't have seen all of the music video networks turn into realty tv networks.
Your arguing that the judges at every entertainment award handed out today are race bias, because the guy you chose didn't win?
Who made you the expert on talent? Apparently no one, because you keep getting it wrong.

Like I said earlier... Blacks make up only 1/6 of the population, so the odds they win is already stacked against them. Also, maybe, just maybe, your taste are different than the majority. Did you even take these things into consideration before you declared every judge in the wold a racist?

Of course MTV is in it for the money. They are a business, that's what they do.
Reality TV shows are the new thing, because they make so much money. You don't have to pay expensive writers, actors, directors, or even rent an expensive studio. You take a couple cameras and shoot a schmuck doing whatever he normally does.
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 01:46 PM by TrulyX.)
(01-05-2012 09:13 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(30-04-2012 09:29 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Stopped reading here. That is a load of crap. You really think that the MTV Video Music Awards has a race preference? It's MTV brah. Hip hop, rap, and R&B would be nothing without MTV promoting it.
I hate to agree, but I have to. Only 1 in 6 Americans are black, thus the odds you win anything is already stacked against you without even considering race. Throwing up the race card every single time something you don't like happens is a major part of the problem. It's almost starting to sound like the boy who cried wolf at this point.

On the other hand there are a lot of whites on the other side of the spectrum that basically do the same thing. They throw a bitch fit whenever a black kid gets the spotlight. Then they proclaim reverse racism, a ridiculous term, whenever a similar situation with a white person occurs and isn't given as much coverage. Of course, tons of stories occur across the globe and don't get their justified air time either, but that's an obvious fact they tend to ignore.
1 in 6 doesn't apply to music. American music is black music, it came from black music. How many white rappers do you know? How many white soul or R&B singers do you know (all three of them are a minority in their business). It isn't a race card, it's just the way it is and has been historically. It might not seem that way to you, maybe you have a different taste in music, but to me, as well as a lot of others, it does seem like that way.

For me, race really wasn't the big point as I said before, it is quality of music. Plus, I have no clue how that is what you got from my post; that was just for comparison, and it had nothing to do with the question besides that comparison. And the comparison was meant to show situations where people react to a situation irresponsibly due to built of frustration.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

Why the sidetrack?

Read the post if you and respond on topic please.

(01-05-2012 01:28 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 01:12 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  You probably shouldn't have stopped reading. I never mentioned MTV, I was speaking about the music industry in general, but race wasn't really the only thing I was addressing there. If you would have read on, you would have seen where I was talking about Kanye being hurt by his own opinion. It also had to do with quality of music being ignored by award shows, not MTV specifically.

Your arguing that the judges at every entertainment award handed out today are race bias, because the guy you chose didn't win?
Who made you the expert on talent? Apparently no one, because you keep getting it wrong.

Like I said earlier... Blacks make up only 1/6 of the population, so the odds they win is already stacked against them. Also, maybe, just maybe, your taste are different than the majority. Did you even take these things into consideration before you declared every judge in the wold a racist?
You successfully took everything I said out of context and then, on top of that, added in things that couldn't even have possibly been interpreted that way.

How did me mentioning the word race turn everyone into automatic defense mode?? Now maybe you can see where some of the tension and problems come from?

A lot of people of all races have gripes with award shows, countdown lists, greatest lists, etc. I can't see how, since I mentioned race, and not even as my main objection, I'm somehow the only person in the entire world who has problems with these things.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell