13-07-2013, 07:18 AM
RE: Mobile version
Yeah! Mobile version is for tools. Laughat

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Deep,when i first registered,it worked fine(and back then i always used the mobile template)
and the same problem arises when i use the full template.
But both work fine using my pc.
First i thought it was a browser problem,but i tried opera mini 4&5,ucbrowser 7&8 and my native browser

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
13-07-2013, 07:49 PM
(13-07-2013 07:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah! Mobile version is for tools. Laughat

(13-07-2013 07:41 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Deep,when i first registered,it worked fine(and back then i always used the mobile template)
First i thought it was a browser problem,but i tried opera mini 4&5,ucbrowser 7&8 and my native browser

Ok.. I'm using the full version on my tablet now and it's working.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
13-07-2013, 07:54 PM
(13-07-2013 07:41 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Deep,when i first registered,it worked fine(and back then i always used the mobile template)

The mobile version has an issue when I hit the quote link. The full version is working fine.

13-07-2013, 08:11 PM
The quote feature only recently quit working on the mobile version...

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Uhhh...now i dont even go off the page.
If i use full interface on my mobile,and click quote icon,the page just reloads and the quote icon turns red

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
13-07-2013, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2013 09:16 PM by DeepThought.)
If the full version doesnt work try to update the browser software on your mobile.

14-07-2013, 04:07 AM
The quote feature stopped working at around the same time for me, a week ago give or take. I usually browse with the mobile version under Chrome[1] on my desktop because it lets me fit the text to the window while I have other windows (such as videos) open. The desktop version has a minimum width that doesn't work with narrow windows. At the moment I'm using the mobile version but switching to desktop whenever I want to quote someone for reply.

[1] Version 28.0.1500.52 Ubuntu 13.04 (28.0.1500.52-0ubuntu1.13.04.3)

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
14-07-2013, 04:58 AM
I know it has to do with javascript and a site update. Sucks...

14-07-2013, 06:21 AM
Ok, I'm not looking very deeply here but I am getting javascript exceptions - Uncaught TypeError: Object ... has no method 'observe'.
It's occuring in two javascript files - post.js and fitonpage.js. In both cases the observe appears to be intended to kick off processing for the respective module. Without it working I think both post.js and fitonpage.js are non-functional as their respective init methods won't be called.

It looks like Event.observe is meant to be linking into to the prototype js framework, but instead Event appears to be a function with no observe method. That presumably means that the prototype framework is not being loaded, or something else is being loaded that's replacing Event with its own thing.

In the set of loaded javascript files I'm seeing only fitonpage, post and ga. ga appears to be google analytics and I'm thinking is unlikely to be the problem... so it seems to just be that prototype.js is not being loaded. It looks like there should be an extra javascript section at the top of newreply.php (and possibly in other places) that loads prototype.js. The correct way to do that is probably either to point to an instance installed on the TTA site, or to some cdn version. I'm not familiar with the framework, so I can't be more specific.

Oh, except that I notice the desktop site includes prototype.js this way:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1600"></script>

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post