Modal Ontological Argument from Divine Justice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Modal Ontological Argument from Divine Justice
(11-04-2015 06:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  Before this conversation can proceed, we need definitions of cruel and unusual punishment.

Cruel and unusual punishment cannot be just.
Well, that's interesting. You just said there is sense to the concept of injustice. Well, you just affirmed one of the main premises of this argument.

The only other ones are truths of logic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Can someone please give me the idiots guide to what he is saying?

I read the words in bold in his op but I have no idea WTF its even talking about or what any of it is trying to say to me.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
11-04-2015, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 07:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-04-2015 05:22 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  By the second and third steps, the conclusion follows: There exists an infallible justice-making power.

As was explained before, this justice-making power must be that than which none greater can be conceived.

... who apparently is so lazy and uninterested that he allows thousands of innocent babies to starve every week, and thousands of other innocent children to suffer and die from cancer every month. You can cook up any being you like in your imagination. Doesn't make it real.

Get your Catholic head out of your rear end. There is no "apology" sufficient for your god(s). Ask your self this : "Why is it, your god has created EXACTLY and PRECISELY the VERY same world one would expect to see, if there was no god ?"

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?"
.... Epicurus (c. 341 - c. 270 BC)

There are no "arguments" (or "proofs") for the gods. According to St. Paul, and Jebus, faith is a "gift". ("No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him").

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-04-2015, 07:17 PM
(11-04-2015 07:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 05:22 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  By the second and third steps, the conclusion follows: There exists an infallible justice-making power.

As was explained before, this justice-making power must be that than which none greater can be conceived.

... who apparently is so lazy and uninterested that he allows thousands of innocent babies to starve every week, and thousands of other innocent children to suffer and die from cancer every month. You can cook up any being you like in your imagination. Doesn't make it real.

Get your Catholic head out of your rear end. There is no "apology" sufficient for your god(s). Ask your self this. Why is it, your god has created EXACTLY and PRECISELY the VERY same world one would expect to see, if there was no god ?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?"
Is the evaluative standard by which you don't like innocent children starving and dying of cancer coherent? If so you've accepted the only premise of this argument which isn't a truth of logic...

I won't answer your appeal to the problem of evil here, not because I don't have an answer, but because it would take us too far off-topic to discuss it on this thread.
11-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Divine Justice????

Isn't that the transvestite superhero that hangs out with Superman, Batman and WonderWoman and the rest????

I might be mistaken...

But damn -- it sure seems like it SHOULD be true..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-04-2015, 07:30 PM
(11-04-2015 07:17 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ... who apparently is so lazy and uninterested that he allows thousands of innocent babies to starve every week, and thousands of other innocent children to suffer and die from cancer every month. You can cook up any being you like in your imagination. Doesn't make it real.

Get your Catholic head out of your rear end. There is no "apology" sufficient for your god(s). Ask your self this. Why is it, your god has created EXACTLY and PRECISELY the VERY same world one would expect to see, if there was no god ?

Is the evaluative standard by which you don't like innocent children starving and dying of cancer coherent? If so you've accepted the only premise of this argument which isn't a truth of logic...

I won't answer your appeal to the problem of evil here, not because I don't have an answer, but because it would take us too far off-topic to discuss it on this thread.

Right. As you can't. If you have to ask if it's "coherent" to ask whether children suffer, have always suffered, (and there is not a shred of evidence anything changed from before a "fall" or after Jebus' death), then you are a monster in an ivory tower. And that's not the only question you have refused to answer there.
What ? You don't have popey on speed-dial ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-04-2015, 07:35 PM
(11-04-2015 07:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:17 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  Is the evaluative standard by which you don't like innocent children starving and dying of cancer coherent? If so you've accepted the only premise of this argument which isn't a truth of logic...

Right. As you can't. If you have to ask if it's "coherent" to ask whether children suffer, have always suffered, (and there is not a shred of evidence anything changed from before a "fall" or after Jebus' death), then you are a monster in an ivory tower. And that's not the only question you have refused to answer there.
Okay, so you affirm the premise that there is sense to the concept of injustice. What other premise of this argument do you deny?

As for the PoE concern, read the articles linked to in the thread I am about to link to, and post your reply there, rather than taking this thread off-topic: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...e-Chastity
11-04-2015, 07:46 PM
(11-04-2015 07:35 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Right. As you can't. If you have to ask if it's "coherent" to ask whether children suffer, have always suffered, (and there is not a shred of evidence anything changed from before a "fall" or after Jebus' death), then you are a monster in an ivory tower. And that's not the only question you have refused to answer there.
Okay, so you affirm the premise that there is sense to the concept of injustice. What other premise of this argument do you deny?

As for the PoE concern, read the articles linked to in the thread I am about to link to, and post your reply there, rather than taking this thread off-topic: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...e-Chastity

Guess what ?
YOU don't tell me what I post here or don't post here.
WTF is "divine chastity" anyway ? You people are insane.

11-04-2015, 07:51 PM
(11-04-2015 07:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:35 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  Okay, so you affirm the premise that there is sense to the concept of injustice. What other premise of this argument do you deny?

Guess what ?
The reason why I told you comment there is to keep this thread on-topic.
11-04-2015, 07:53 PM
(11-04-2015 07:51 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Guess what ?
The reason why I told you comment there is to keep this thread on-topic.

The fact is, the question WAS on topic. You just can't/won't answer it, as you *need* to do things in the rote fashion you've been indoctrinated in. And instead of answering it, all you did was post drivel from a crap Catholic site.