Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 02:10 PM
RE: Model D weaponry
(28-02-2017 11:33 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:32 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Seriously, being atheist is easier than having faith. Your only standard is your own, and you do not need to humble yourself for anyone or anything.

At least you people aren't agnostics. They are just lazy

I consider myself an agnostic atheist, as do most people here. I also identify as a secular humanist. I care about all people. If someone needs help, I do try my hardest to provide that help or encouragement when needed. Do I sometimes fail? Yes, however I also admit that failure and try to do better and improve for the next time.

I humble myself daily in more ways than I can begin to count -- I just don't do it because any god demands it, I do it because it's the right thing to do. I'm thankful for this community.

Sure on occasion I have a cocktail or three, but not every day or even every week. For me, it's a social thing.

I can assure you, my standards are quite high and I think what you don't seem to understand that the guy doing your CAT (CT) scan after an accident or when you're complaining of severe pain, might be an atheist. Or the doctor who's treating you. The person who stops and offers assistance with directions or to change that flat tire might be an atheist.

We are quite honestly everywhere and many of us are capable of great kindness and altruism.

thank you for this great post, it is so true

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
28-02-2017, 02:17 PM
It is true that atheist Momsurroundedbyboys likes and helps others. When I needed help I asked morongdog. He told me to ask Moms. I told him that I prefer his help and not Moms. morondog insisted that I ask Moms. I did. She helped me and I could tell that she really WANTED to help me. This is how I know she is wonderful person. Atheist?! Wonderful person?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 6 users Like Alla's post
28-02-2017, 02:19 PM
The OP is so out in left field that I call Poe

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
28-02-2017, 02:32 PM
(28-02-2017 09:47 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Im not hateful.

I just am saddened at the results of the atheist vacuum and what they produce.

With all due respect, you severely overestimate the number of fucks anyone here gives.

This isn't a formal organization. This forum isn't meant to be representative of anything. No one here is doing the equivalent of putting on their Sunday best in order to present the best image possible - in fact, it's usually the exact opposite. For most members, this forum is the equivalent of everyone trudging downstairs on a Monday, disheveled and in your ratty-but-comfortable old bathrobe, and getting into your usual argument with the roommates about whose turn it is to make breakfast. No one here gives a damn about being anything other than casual and flippant unless you give them a reason to do otherwise.

Saying things like "atheists are hateful" is not going to get a measured rebuttal, because no one here was doing anything other than being deliberately silly in the first place, and you just showed that there's no reason to be anything else when conversing with you.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 15 users Like Unbeliever's post
28-02-2017, 03:10 PM
(28-02-2017 12:46 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 12:21 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  But Vera, you're ruining your evil atheist street cred in front of Proud Catholic!! Supposed to be part of a vast evil monolithic entity!

Also, now I've got to post the attic speech where he portrays God as a guy who locks his kid in the basement and tortures him, but now that kid's sacrifice means we can all live in his attic because we walked by his house...

And agreed, there are some atheists who put folks like Dawkins on a pedestal, or practically Saint the late Hitchens. (Also kudos to you for having the patience to translate a book to read it. Would not be able to do that personally.)

Well, he kinda has a point Wink though stand-up makes me kinda uncomfortable (I'm weird, I know) so couldn't quite finish it), and there is a certain Stockholm-syndrome/abusive boyfriend feel to the whole thing. Also, not for the same reason, but the idea of Heaven really scared me when I was still religious (wasn't even because of my near mortal (or is it immortal Rolleyes ) fear of eternity/apeirophobia). I kinda had to keep telling myself that I'd be "changed beyond recognition" (of course, that wouldn't have been me, but let's not digress even further!) so Heaven wouldn't feel as horrible as the idea of it felt.

I don't understand putting people on pedestals, period. Whatever the reason and whoever the person up there. I might agree with someone a lot, may respect and even admire them a lot, that doesn't mean I'm going to near-worship them or take every single word they say as gospel.

Ha, to read it! I translated it for the moniez and nothing else (like I do with the other books I translate)! Though I actually did not get paid in that case (might actually be a sign from God Consider ) - that was my previous publishing house and they are going through some crappy times and I'm an idiot who, apparently, cannot be arsed to go after them for the money I'm owed (and going after them means just calling them more than once. Which I didn't. Did I say I'm an idiot?) I'm with you - translating books for "fun" is unfathomable to me (the last book I literally finished today, already has a "fan translation" in my language. Where one gets the time to translate (even if it can hardly be called translation, as fan-translators are usually equally bad in both English and their native language) an entire book just for fun, is something I would never be able to understand.

ETA: Shai Hulud, in about five days' time it really will be "here in Brazil"! Yay! But for now, Johnny, my dear, it's "here, across the Danube river from Romania", thank you very muchly Dodgy

I'm so sorry they screwed you over on the pay on translating the book Sad Granted, not an expert by any means in your field, but the fan translations make me think of the difference here in the U.S. between actual official translations of anime, and the fan translations (except strangely the opposite is true, where the fan translations are sometimes more accurate!). And to be utterly bare about it, you hit on my biggest fear of the afterlife, with what you were afraid of; eternity is mind-breakingly frightening, at least to me, be it Heaven or Hell.

And...Romania sounds...interesting. Imagine you're probably visiting some of the more beautiful parts of the country instead of the parts that usually get plastered all over the media though!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
28-02-2017, 03:30 PM
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

Can't you see that psychotherapy is the cure for your ills?
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post
28-02-2017, 04:05 PM
(28-02-2017 02:19 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  The OP is so out in left field that I call Poe

Speaking of "out in left field", I really like your avatar. The Aliens IP is one of my favorites. Aliens is my favorite movie of all time and Ripley was my hero growing up! Big Grin

Ok, back on topic!

Offtopic
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
28-02-2017, 04:09 PM
I think the alien series is quite appropriate looking at the thread title.
Especially with the loss of "game over, man" Sad
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
28-02-2017, 04:21 PM
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  One thing that has made me convinced of the Devil (and God's) existence is the devil's Model D weaponry that he employs against the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBNc_LkMLY&t=308s

Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him. Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

Pfft. Laugh out load
28-02-2017, 04:25 PM
(28-02-2017 03:10 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'm so sorry they screwed you over on the pay on translating the book Sad Granted, not an expert by any means in your field, but the fan translations make me think of the difference here in the U.S. between actual official translations of anime, and the fan translations (except strangely the opposite is true, where the fan translations are sometimes more accurate!). And to be utterly bare about it, you hit on my biggest fear of the afterlife, with what you were afraid of; eternity is mind-breakingly frightening, at least to me, be it Heaven or Hell.

And...Romania sounds...interesting. Imagine you're probably visiting some of the more beautiful parts of the country instead of the parts that usually get plastered all over the media though!

Nah, it wasn’t that much money and being the avoidant idiot that I am, I decided, screw it. That’s weird about fan translations over there. Maybe it’s people of Japanese origin, who are basically bilingual? And since they apparently love the works there are translating they put real effort into it. Here, the people who do this don’t speak English nearly well enough (nor are they very good at writing in their own language) and the results are abysmal. Though to be fair, I’ve seen horribly wrong translations on TV (esp. of slang expressions). Unbelievably bad. Also, writing well is, apparently, much harder than I thought it was. Than I still think it is/should be for any literate, even halfway well-read person

I… I don’t think there’s anything I can I say to help with the fear of eternity. I only overcame mine when I stopped being religious. To me eternity honestly is the scariest, most horrifying thing I could and can imagine; here’s a nice little animation based on an article on apeirophobia by Bobby Azarian (though, frankly, I don’t think it’s the inability to “project ahead to forever” that was the cause for my anxiety. I don’t know. Now that I’m free of it, I find it fascinating, but I’m sorry you might be feeling something similar (because it certainly wasn’t fun) Hug ) It’s not really an explanation but I don’t think our finite brains are equipped to handle even the thought of eternity/eternal life. I’m not helping, am I?

(I’m Bulgarian)

[Image: funny-europe-bulgaria.jpg]

This is a lovely place, for example.

[Image: 54c79d58338c2.PNG]

[Image: P4302158.JPG]

[Image: 686_97_a2315604.jpg]

[Image: img_7253_16943834.JPG]

This last one is from a museum-town, so to speak, and is the house of one of our best poets, who was killed very young in WWI. The statue is of his mother, waiting for him to come back… which he never did. Sadcryface

To Return to your father’s house

To return to your father’s house once more,
when evening starts to gently fade
and quiet night in quiet breast will store
ease for the sorrowful and the dismayed.
You’ve cast black torpor’s heavy load,
which dismal days to you imparted
with your timid steps to wake in the yard
a timid joy for the guest awaited.

For the old one to meet you at the door
and to lay your forehead in her feeble shoulder,
wrapped in the warmth of her smile once more
long time repeating mother, mother.
To gently enter that well known room,
your very last shelter and mooring.
to whisper quiet words into the calm
with tired eyes on the old icon poring: