Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 05:58 PM
RE: Model D weaponry
(28-02-2017 09:40 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Atheists have less character than the religious it seems, and barely care about their own actions or the affect they have on others.

My cousin is a proud atheist and since he does not care about God, he is a proud sinner.

He is selfish and hateful, and ridiculously petty. He seems to oppose doing the "right thing" even if it is in his best interest to do so.

His only moral compass or indeed aim in life is to get his "fix", his next drink, his next high, his next fuck. All that and nothing more.

I take one good long look at him and say "whew! Thank God I have Jesus and the Church"

Hello, ProudCatholic and welcome to TTA. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with your relative who happens to be an atheist.

Out of curiosity, suppose an atheist made a nearly identical post to yours; however, the only difference is that it was in reference to a catholic relative. Would it be valid for him or her to project that experience onto the entire group of practicing Catholics? Would it actually make his or her way of thinking and views more valid, reasonable, and convincing?

With that said, could you please elaborate on why you see atheists in a negative way? IMO, atheism, or any way of thinking for that matter, will always contain its fair share of nice people and jerks. However, IMO, if you choose to engage TTA with an open mind, then you may discover that there are plenty of atheists who are kind, civil, and who possess exemplary moral character. Furthermore, and more importantly, you may find that there are a number of TTA members here (secular and non-secular) who value diversity of thought and enjoy engaging foreign ideas with an open and inquisitive mind. Hence, IMO, this is what makes this place unique.

Well, thanks for your time and attention. Live long and prosper.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
28-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Oh, for christ sakes. Facepalm I've been seeing this thread title all day and I thought it was about making D sized models of, I donno, catapults or army tanks or something. I just now read the original post and ....well......holy mother of fuck! Laugh out load Boy, was I ever wrong. Bwahahahaha.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-02-2017, 06:44 PM
(28-02-2017 04:05 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 02:19 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  The OP is so out in left field that I call Poe

Speaking of "out in left field", I really like your avatar. The Aliens IP is one of my favorites. Aliens is my favorite movie of all time and Ripley was my hero growing up! Big Grin

One of my favorite memes, which I saw here on TTA originally, I think:

[Image: Ya0sPb.gif]

Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-02-2017, 06:48 PM
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him. Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

Seriously? Jesus is the cure for substance abuse and/or addiction, and depression?

You cancerous, parasitic fucking vulture.

Those people need to be given evidence-based help, not to be told to forgo it for any reason, let alone that the magical lich which causes their suffering will help them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
28-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Has this video been posted before? Or is there some reason that my player skipped to 5 minutes in? Doesn't matter, it was ridiculous nonsense anyway. And I have little patience for that.

It's also disappointing to see someone say "all atheists are x" especially from a catholic. As a former catholic myself I still have some lingering affection for it. But to see such irrationality and prejudice saddens me.

Now if there's anything new to put it I'll listen, but I see nothing interesting.

Oh well, too bad, so sad. Thanks for playing. Buh-bye.
28-02-2017, 07:03 PM
(28-02-2017 11:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 10:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Does anyone know if it even says in the Christian bible that you can't drink or screw around?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in the OT that Abraham used to go on regular binges and pass out naked in front of his kids. Think God told them not to look at him. That's what I tell my kids too. Mighta been Isaac. Or Job, God knows bastard had good cause to drink.

Noah.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
28-02-2017, 07:10 PM
(28-02-2017 09:40 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Atheists have less character than the religious it seems, and barely care about their own actions or the affect they have on others.

My cousin is a proud atheist and since he does not care about God, he is a proud sinner.

He is selfish and hateful, and ridiculously petty. He seems to oppose doing the "right thing" even if it is in his best interest to do so.

His only moral compass or indeed aim in life is to get his "fix", his next drink, his next high, his next fuck. All that and nothing more.

I take one good long look at him and say "whew! Thank God I have Jesus and the Church"

Just like your god, I don't think this atheist cousin of yours exists.

You use the word "proud" way too often.
Proud Catholic
Proud Atheist
Proud Sinner

Selfish, hateful & let's not forget petty.
Petty - something trivial or of less importance

You say he is opposed to doing the "right thing", even if it's in his best interest to do so.

I think all of this is tied together with your belief in jesus and being saved.

If an atheist doesn't believe then in your mind he's only thinking of himself. He must be so hateful of god to not accept being saved. He opposes being saved even when it's in his best interest.

Lastly he sees all this religious mess as trivial and petty, not really worth his time.

So anyone who enjoys a drink or pursues a human desire to have sex or even engages in recreational drug use MUST only care about these things and nothing more.

He couldn't have views on politics or any scientific discovery. He probably doesn't enjoy art, music or dance. Surely he can't enjoy sports or travel. The stock market or maybe a nice game of chess. Nope, not him. You have him him stereotyped perfectly.

You have jesus & the church.
You have a delusion with a bunch of other people who share the delusion.
You're in a religious circle jerk.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
28-02-2017, 07:15 PM
(28-02-2017 11:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 10:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Does anyone know if it even says in the Christian bible that you can't drink or screw around?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in the OT that Abraham used to go on regular binges and pass out naked in front of his kids. Think God told them not to look at him. That's what I tell my kids too. Mighta been Isaac. Or Job, God knows bastard had good cause to drink.

Lot's two daughters got him drunk and slept with him to preserve the family line. Ah, the morals in the Bible Hobo

[Image: 8f4eb59d547fba16adffc9c842250d6a3070d8e9...6eed06.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
28-02-2017, 07:24 PM
(28-02-2017 07:10 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Just like your god, I don't think this atheist cousin of yours exists.

You use the word "proud" way too often.
Proud Catholic
Proud Atheist
Proud Sinner

I concur with you that this person is a pious fraud, or what I like to call a Liar For Jesus™.

However, I had not pieced together the "obvious", until you posted the above...

What are the infamous Seven Deadly Sins™ of Catholic lore?

Lustful Catholic
Gluttonous Catholic
Greedy Catholic
Slothful Catholic
Wrathful Catholic
Envious Catholic
Proud Catholic

I'm just sayin'.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-02-2017, 07:54 PM
TO VERA
Are you bilgarka?

Bulgaria. In 1990 I was in Varna for 3 months. To be more specific I was in Golden Sands (Zlati Pyastsi). I had the best time of my life. I met one Polish guy there , we were madly in love and when I was back home I told my husband (now ex-husband) that I had love affair and I can not live with him any more.
Bulgaria is beautiful country not to far from Ukraine. But people were not friendly when they heard me speaking Russian. They hated communism and Soviet Union.
I learned Bulgarian language very quickly.
I remember it was very confusing when Bulgarian people were saying "yes" or "no"
When they mean to say or say "no" they nod their heads if they would say "yes". And opposite when they mean to say or say "yes" they shake their heads like if they would say "no".

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post