Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 08:35 AM
RE: Model D weaponry
(01-03-2017 08:22 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:32 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Seriously, being atheist is easier than having faith. Your only standard is your own, and you do not need to humble yourself for anyone or anything.

I think this is the only thing that I can agree with you on at the moment until you decide to have a rational discussion.

Being Atheist "to me" is easier since I have the ability to rely on myself and my actions and not be burdened by some nonexistent supreme being. I believe in myself completely. My moral compass points in the correct direction the majority of the time. The times that it doesn't I own up to my mistakes and correct them. No one is perfect but I feel no need to explain myself to a nonexistent being. I need to explain my actions to myself and improve upon those actions which may or may not have hurt another and do my best not to repeat those mistakes.

I could go into a laundry list of rational reasons that I do not believe but I've got a sneaking suspicion you wouldn't listen with an open mind. Most of us here are capable of doing just that.
Yeah but even there he phrases it in such a way as to suggest that the implication of this is not healthy in(ter)dependence and self-reliance and flexibility, but rather, pridefulness and willful rebellion. In other words I agree that he's unintentionally correct, but considers it a bug, not a feature. This is because theism teaches rigid dependence on theistic authorities (human, textual, traditional, whatever) along with submersion of both the freedom and the responsibility of having one's own perceptions and conclusions and informed opinions. How else would you continue to embrace a faith that chronically results in the sexual exploitation of children for the gratification of clergy?

What people like this can't understand is that the alternative to mindless subservient obedience to constituted authority isn't mindless anarchistic rebellion against constituted authority. I submit to all sorts of aspects of various authorities -- I obey speed limits, pay taxes, etc., and on those rare occasions I find myself inside a church for some reason, I follow their conventions for being there. However I do NOT submit to aspects of authority that are in my judgment corrupt or illegitimate or irrelevant. Unfortunately for theists, the main such authority that I widely ignore and am indifferent to*, is religion generally and the Christian churches specifically, including the RCC.

* Indifferent to, by the way, not hateful toward.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like mordant's post
01-03-2017, 08:46 AM
(01-03-2017 08:35 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 08:22 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  I think this is the only thing that I can agree with you on at the moment until you decide to have a rational discussion.

Being Atheist "to me" is easier since I have the ability to rely on myself and my actions and not be burdened by some nonexistent supreme being. I believe in myself completely. My moral compass points in the correct direction the majority of the time. The times that it doesn't I own up to my mistakes and correct them. No one is perfect but I feel no need to explain myself to a nonexistent being. I need to explain my actions to myself and improve upon those actions which may or may not have hurt another and do my best not to repeat those mistakes.

I could go into a laundry list of rational reasons that I do not believe but I've got a sneaking suspicion you wouldn't listen with an open mind. Most of us here are capable of doing just that.
Yeah but even there he phrases it in such a way as to suggest that the implication of this is not healthy in(ter)dependence and self-reliance and flexibility, but rather, pridefulness and willful rebellion. In other words I agree that he's unintentionally correct, but considers it a bug, not a feature. This is because theism teaches rigid dependence on theistic authorities (human, textual, traditional, whatever) along with submersion of both the freedom and the responsibility of having one's own perceptions and conclusions and informed opinions. How else would you continue to embrace a faith that chronically results in the sexual exploitation of children for the gratification of clergy?

What people like this can't understand is that the alternative to mindless subservient obedience to constituted authority isn't mindless anarchistic rebellion against constituted authority. I submit to all sorts of aspects of various authorities -- I obey speed limits, pay taxes, etc., and on those rare occasions I find myself inside a church for some reason, I follow their conventions for being there. However I do NOT submit to aspects of authority that are in my judgment corrupt or illegitimate or irrelevant. Unfortunately for theists, the main such authority that I widely ignore and am indifferent to*, is religion generally and the Christian churches specifically, including the RCC.

* Indifferent to, by the way, not hateful toward.

I agree with what you say. I was speaking in general.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
01-03-2017, 10:08 AM
Vera Wrote:There is/was a saying here (and in Russia, really): Курица не птица, Болгария не заграница.
Oh yes, I completely forgot but I remember now.
Is/was Phillip Kirkorov as popular in Bulgaria as he is/was popular in Russia, Ukraine and Belorussia? Is Alla Pugachova famous in Bulgaria?

Vera Wrote:Yeah, I guess right after the fall of communism, people didn’t like Russians (and anyone speaking Russian) very much. Plus, we have a really complicated history with them.
Yes, but as soon as we had an opportunity to know each other better all hate disappeared. I had great relationship with those Bulgarian people who knew me. And when I had to travel to places like Latvia, Litva or Estonia I was speaking Ukrainian. They loved Ukrainians but they hated Russians a lot. The same in West Ukraine, if you speak Russian you are the most hated person.

Vera Wrote:Though almost everybody from my generation and older thinks they can speak Russian… even when they really cannot. I went to a talk given by a Russian writer once and even though there was someone there to translate the questions from the audience, everyone insisted on asking directly in Russian… only, it was really Bulgarian, but with Russian endings. Hilarious and totally impossible for the poor Russian guy to understand.
Hahaha. Now you make me think that my Bulgarian was not Bulgarian at all but Russian with Bulgarian endings.

Vera Wrote:I worked as a receptionist in a seaside hotel once and Russian guests LOVED me (maybe because I used to wear my hair in a braid Big Grin) and would come to the reception desk simply to chat… my Russian was rather rusty though, so it was hard work for me.
I worked at a little restaurant on the top of the mountain where there were cabins. I lived in one of those cabins. I worked for great people, we understood each other very well. And every day after lunch or during lunch we ate the most sweet and the most delicious watermelons on planet Earth.

Vera, where do you live? In Sofia? in Varna? or may be in another country?
Oh, and one more question. Are there still lots of Turkish people in Bulgaria?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
01-03-2017, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 03:26 PM by Full Circle.)
(28-02-2017 09:47 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Im not hateful.

Perhaps, but you certainly are judgmental as fuck, cocksure you have the Right Answer ™, holier-than thou and condescending.

To a great degree the only reason you might not think of yourself as hateful is because of your cognitive dissonance and ignorance of what your POV actually represents.

Luckily for you there is a way out of the darkness you are currently in but it takes time and much introspection.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
01-03-2017, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 10:45 AM by GirlyMan.)
(01-03-2017 08:17 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 08:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Gasp You mean I've been doing it wrong?

If neighbors aren't coming into the balcony to smoke after you had sex then yes, you're doing it wrong Wink

I have no idea what that means and I have no intention of finding out. Do you ask them how they liked the show? Or are you having sex with them? nope nope, never mind.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-03-2017, 11:02 AM
(01-03-2017 10:41 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 08:17 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If neighbors aren't coming into the balcony to smoke after you had sex then yes, you're doing it wrong Wink

I have no idea what that means and I have no intention of finding out. Do you ask them how they liked the show? Or are you having sex with them? nope nope, never mind.

Yes.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
01-03-2017, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 12:45 PM by Vera.)
(01-03-2017 10:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  Is/was Phillip Kirkorov as popular in Bulgaria as he is/was popular in Russia, Ukraine and Belorussia? Is Alla Pugachova famous in Bulgaria?

Among the older population - yes. But I think not as much as he is popular in Russia. Same goes for Alla Pugachova - was very popular with older generations (the younger ones don't have a clue who she is). Me, I'm not a fan, because we were forced to listen mainly to Russian music on the radio back then, when I was a kid and I don't like being told what to do Wink Is she the reason for your nickname or do you just share a name?

Quote:Yes, but as soon as we had an opportunity to know each other better all hate disappeared. I had great relationship with those Bulgarian people who knew me.

Well, yeah, it often happens like this, doesn’t it? We might think we hate Americans or Russians, atheists or religious people, and then, when we actually meet one and start talking to that person, we realise we are much more similar than different. And that goes for everybody, really. There are many more things that unite us, humans, than there are things that divide us, and yet, we often seem to focus only on the tiny, tiny differences between us. Undecided

Quote:Hahaha. Now you make me think that my Bulgarian was not Bulgarian at all but Russian with Bulgarian endings.

No, I’m sure your Bulgarian was better than those people’s Russian. Even though Bulgarian is very different from the rest of the Slavic languages. I have a friend (just saw her today, actually) who teaches Ukrainian at the university (people can study Ukrainian philology here).

Quote: And every day after lunch or during lunch we ate the most sweet and the most delicious watermelons on planet Earth.

Hehe, yeah, we do have great fruits and vegetables (I’m most partial to tomatoes – people usually have gardens where they grow fruits and vegetables here and a tomato you’ve just picked yourself is a totally different thing from the tasteless, wooden balls you buy from the supermarket. Also, peaches) and we do eat a lot of watermelons. Me, not so much, because then I have to spend the entire day peeing, but you throw some watermelon and some ice into a blender, add some cachaça(the Brazilian national alcohol, but works with rum, too) and you get a wonderful summer cocktail Yes (or skip the alcohol if you don’t drink and it’s a wonderful, icy juice)

[Image: caipi_3.jpg]

Quote:Vera, where do you live?
Oh, and one more question. Are there still lots of Turkish people in Bulgaria?

I live in a small town near Sofia, almost like a suburb really, about 10km away.

Yeah, there are a lot of Turkish people. There’s even a Turkish party (though they are mostly sleazy crooks. It’s complicated with them. The party, I mean, not Turkish people). There are even news programmes in Turkish on TV and some people are really mad about it (the most stupid nationalists), because of the five centuries we were part of the Ottoman empire, but this is ridiculous and I, for one, prefer not to remain stuck in the past.

I'm glad you seem to have good memories from Bulgaria and "my" people Smile

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
01-03-2017, 12:06 PM
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  One thing that has made me convinced of the Devil (and God's) existence is the devil's Model D weaponry that he employs against the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBNc_LkMLY&t=308s

Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him. Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

Who created drink, drugs, depression and despair and why?
01-03-2017, 12:42 PM
(01-03-2017 12:06 PM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  One thing that has made me convinced of the Devil (and God's) existence is the devil's Model D weaponry that he employs against the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBNc_LkMLY&t=308s

Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him. Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

Who created drink, drugs, depression and despair and why?

Don't think troll's gonna come back in ProudPedo form anymore. It'll be back soon enough under a different guise. Derailing is not only the best way to disappoint these fools, we also get to share stories. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Vera Wrote:Me, I'm not a fan, because we were forced to listen mainly to Russian music on the radio back then, when I was a kid and I don't like being told what to do
Oh, you are rebel.
Me, too.
Vera Wrote:Is she the reason for your nickname or do you just share a name?
It is my real name.
Vera Wrote:Hehe, yeah, we do have great fruits and vegetables (I’m most partial to tomatoes – people usually have gardens where they grow fruits and vegetables here and a tomato you’ve just picked yourself is a totally different thing from the tasteless, wooden balls you buy from the supermarket. Also, peaches) and we do eat a lot of watermelons.
Oh, please, don't remind me. The only yummy (tomatoes and peaches are the ones that from my garden.

Thank you for answering my questions. It is so nice to meet you here and to chat with you a little, Vera
I wish you all the best.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 3 users Like Alla's post