Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2017, 03:52 AM
RE: Model D weaponry
(01-03-2017 02:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  Thank you for answering my questions. It is so nice to meet you here and to chat with you a little, Vera
I wish you all the best.

Нема за що, I enjoyed it, too. I quite like this side of you Smile

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
02-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Thank you. I don't mind if we only talk about life, people, things we like, etc.
So, what do you do for living? How many languages do you speak? Your English is amazing, better than mine and I live in the USA

P.S. thanks for saying something in Ukrainian.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
02-03-2017, 07:57 AM
Guess PC is gone. I would have bet no more than a week, but I didn't suspect it would only be a day.

Dime a dozen Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-03-2017, 08:07 AM
(02-03-2017 07:54 AM)Alla Wrote:  ...
How many languages do you speak? Your English is amazing, better than mine and I live in the USA

Don't feel bad about that. Vera's English is better than mine and I'm English from parents who taught English.

Humbling, isn't it?
(and mildly depressing)

Blush

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
02-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Don’t ye be exaggerating now, Deljoy Wink

Alla, I always say I’m only fluent in English (and Bulgarian*, naturally (pun intended Wink); then there’s Portuguese, which I haven’t spoken in a while, but last time I was in Brazil, people would ask me if I was Portuguese (no, my Portuguese is not *that* good, but I studied it in Portugal and have a Portuguese accent which is rather different from the accents in Brazil. I loved it when they asked me if I was Portuguese Shy ). And then, there’s Russian and Spanish, which are nowhere near as good as the first three (though by the end of my stay in Uruguay and Argentina, my Spanish was perfectly fine for most conversations. Russian… I understand a lot (not the newest slang, probably) but speaking it is hard, because I haven’t spoken it in ages. I learnt it as a very small kid though, so I don’t think I’ll ever forget it, no matter how little I use it. I understand quite a bit of Italian because of the other Romance languages I speak and also a couple of Slavic ones, but I do not really speak them.

I’d never been to an English-speaking country, actually, not until a couple of years ago (and it was a country where English was *one* of the official languages, plus, pretty much all the people around me were immigrants and English wasn’t their native tongue, so I’m not sure it counts ;-))

I think your English is fine. I have a friend, who went to the same school I did (they taught a whole lot of English there), and later on went to the States to study genetics, and she still wasn’t exactly fluent (and obviously, she’s a smart person. Some people’s brains are better at things other than languages)

Right now I translate books – from English into Bulgarian. They are not very good books, but I still enjoy it. And two of them are being turned in movies, actually. Now, one is really, really bad (even though it’s popular), but the other one was actually nice, too mushy for my tastes near the end, but otherwise okay (the movie doesn’t look too good – the actors seem too wooden, or maybe I’m too old for it – it is for teenagers, really).

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve talked so much about myself. Forgive me, DLJ, for I have sinned Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
03-03-2017, 02:31 PM
Thank you, VERA, for sharing this. It is very interesting.
You have talent. I found out that it is not enough to learn language in order to translate books. You also have to have a talent to write books. Have you ever tried to write your own stories? books?
I will check videos now.
Is Vera your real name? Vera in Russian means "faith". You probably know this but there are three names in Russia and Ukraine - Vera(Faith), Nadezhda(Hope) and Lyubov(Love).

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
03-03-2017, 02:36 PM
In the first video the boyfriend is really, really bad actor. The girlfriend is actually good.

03-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Vera is very good people!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-03-2017, 02:49 PM
(03-03-2017 02:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Vera is very good people!
Thumbsup I can't argue with that

[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
03-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Vera, just hearing you talk about languages and places you've been brings out the wanderlust in me. I love to travel and I find other languages fascinating.

I have a love affair with the French language, but still only a very small level of fluency.

I'm a native English speaker and I have experienced one thing that most native speakers have never done. I had a situation for a very short time, in which, I couldn't understand English. I heard it as someone would who was hearing English for the first time.

It was incredibly fast and even though I couldn't understand it from the sounds, my thoughts, that I could understand, were still in English.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post