Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 12:18 AM
RE: Model D weaponry
Languages are fascinating. I'm functionally bilingual in English (mother tongue) and French (grew up in Quebec), but over the years I've picked up bits and pieces of enough languages to get myself into serious trouble on every continent. Mandarin, Irish Gaelic and Icelandic are the only additional ones I've studied in an actual class, though.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
04-03-2017, 01:40 AM
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  One thing that has made me convinced of the Devil (and God's) existence is the devil's Model D weaponry that he employs against the world...

It's really pointless posting YouTube videos that are intended to be nothing more than proselytising—or in this case, preaching to the choir. If your sole purpose on this forum is to flog the product, then you ain't gonna get far!

(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him. I'll bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Here we go again... "you people". Are all theists as arrogant and patronising as you seem to be? And it's a nonsense to claim that atheists—collectively—have "turned our backs" on your god. Please understand this: Atheists do not, and never have, accepted the existence of supernatural entities or paranormal phenomena. The Christian god (and other gods) do not exist in the real world—they're all figments of people's imaginations, delusions, fantasies, fear, or ignorance.

Quote:Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

It's doubtful that a man called Jesus even existed as some sort of miracle worker or faith healer. The bloke was just a rare example of a gifted human being whose mental gymnastics overly impressed a largely illiterate and uneducated society.

And if your groupie hero is the "cure" for what ails us, how is it that his boss can't heal a 4-year-old kid dying of leukemia? It's not rocket science..... uh..... well, obviously LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
04-03-2017, 02:06 AM
(04-03-2017 01:40 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And if your groupie hero is the "cure" for what ails us, how is it that his boss can't heal a 4-year-old kid dying of leukemia? It's not rocket science..... uh..... well, obviously LOL.

Jesus is the cure for your *heart* silly, not actual literal diseases. He works great on imaginary diseases though Smile But that beating organ in your chest? If you ever feel down, then speaking in a metaphorical way, the Church says that there is something wrong with your heart - not literally something wrong with the organ - but nevertheless something wrong in "imaginary land". And *Jesus*, the imaginary king of imaginary land, can cure it Smile That'll be 10% of your earnings please Thumbsup

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-03-2017, 02:16 AM
(28-02-2017 09:12 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publicatio...-scientism

Okay... you need to refrain from simply posting YouTube links without appending any of your own thoughts about the video's topic, or its presenter's notions. Do you agree totally with what he/she proposes? Are there any obvious holes in their argument? How do/could/should their views affect the atheist?

Anyways... I didn't watch your linked video simply because I can tell from your past posts that you apparently have zero intention of engaging with us from an open and considerate mindset. It seems your only purpose on these forums is flog the product.

And if that's true, then you may as well piss off right now, and save yourself the inevitable grief down the track—when your blatant proselytising falls in a stinking heap of shit by the wayside. No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
04-03-2017, 03:34 AM
Just reading through this thread expecting a penis joke from the title, very disappointed.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
04-03-2017, 03:47 AM
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  This bloke said something else.

Bet you've rarely seen BOLD MINE

Enter same man.

"Ooohhh we meet again???

(claps wildly.)

Tell me sweetie, you free?

I've got a hunger.
Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-03-2017, 03:50 AM
(04-03-2017 12:18 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Languages are fascinating. I'm functionally bilingual in English (mother tongue) and French (grew up in Quebec), but over the years I've picked up bits and pieces of enough languages to get myself into serious trouble on every continent. Mandarin, Irish Gaelic and Icelandic are the only additional ones I've studied in an actual class, though.

Note so self: Get this woman to read you the dictionary or something dumb arse!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
04-03-2017, 04:45 AM
Aw, Momsby Heart

[Image: meangirls.gif~c200]

(It’s more like Vera is many people and they all yell at her at the same time and all want completely different things…)

Yes, Alla, and their mother Sofia/Wisdom. Wink It’s the official holiday of Sofia, as well as my name day, so people usually remember it.

You’re right, in order to be a writer (well, a good one anyway) one needs something more than just *knowing* how to write (and *wanting* to be a writer). I’ve always thought that you become a writer not because you choose to, but because there are things inside you that just need to be said/written and want out.

No, I don’t write myself. I mean, I used to write stories (mostly fairy tales) at university and mostly when I was learning Portuguese, but that was for fun (and for practice). There is one I am kinda proud of, though. I used to call it an anti-utopia, but it’s more like very simple science fiction*, about people becoming “stuck in time”, in a way – they just stopped changing, even though the world around them went on as usual. The story was about how they dealt with the monotony and with never, ever changing. It’s somewhat basic (it was nearer the beginning of my Portuguese course) but I’m still proud of it Blush

(I used to write little haiku-like poems some time ago and I enjoyed it but haven't done it in ages)

* Just the other day I read something similar (much, much better, of course), by a very good science-fiction writer, Greg Egan, about a future where human brains have been transferred onto machines (of sorts) so people basically live forever and the story talks about how they handle the boredom (among other things). Mine is nowhere near as good or deep, but I’m in good company Wink

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
04-03-2017, 04:52 AM
Vera's ramblings, contd. (but I'm enjoying this conversation and as long as the Moms That Be are okay with it... Rolleyes )

Wow, Rahn, that’s very interesting and very scary (I’m assuming it was some sort of trauma or shock). I’ve never had anything like this happen to me, though I was badly concussed once, don't remember the incident at all but was apparently able to reply to the people around me in English (I was abroad. Also, I was apparently still my painfully verbose self, because when they asked me what date it was, instead of saying, like any normal person would, "I don't know", I, apparently, said "I'll have to think about that" Laugh out load

I do remember once, though, I was reading a comment online about someone’s memory being rubbish and for about ten seconds, I couldn’t recognise the word rubbish. I though it must be an adjective (because of the ending) but I thought it was a word I didn’t know. Was kinda of scary. And with my last book, on more than one occasion, I would take the English word and would conjugate it as it were, in Bulgarian (written in Cyrillic of course). That was kinda scary, as if English was supplanting my own language (it has, to an extent, actually, but that was too much. I think it’s because I’ve been really tired and under a lot of stress)

Hehe, my mum and my sister are the francophones of the family; I also studied it for quite a while (and I understand a lot) but maybe because I didn’t really want to learn it and because I didn’t have much luck with my teachers, I never count it among the languages I speak). I did grow up on French chansons, though (the weirdest thing was hearing a very famous song by Jacque Brel sung in… Basque (which is such a different language and I really like how it sounds; the word maite , for example, means love. I think it’s beautiful (and I’m one of the least sentimental people you’ll ever meet Rolleyes )

But you’re right, languages and other cultures are so fascinating. Like, I’m planning to go to Curaçao after Brazil and they speak a language called Papiamentu there, a creole language which is “derived from African and Portuguese languages with some influences from American Indian languages, English, Dutch and Spanish”. I can’t wait to hear it!

Hmm, I might be a bit overexcited right now, in case you guys can’t tell Blush

Astreja, I *love* Icelandic folklore (the alarm tone on my phone is an Icelandic song), and they have the best lullaby ever (this is not the best version, but how hardcore *are* the lyrics, eh? Rolleyes ) And Irish Gaelic is sooo beautiful. All the Celtic languages are. I *love* Breton music and I enjoy the language almost as much as the music

Sleep, my young love.
Outside the rain is weeping.
Mummy is watching over your treasure,
an old bone and a round case.
We should not stay awake through dim nights.

There is much that darkness knows,
my mind is heavy.
Often I saw black sand
burning the green meadow.
In the glacier cracks are rumbling deep as death.

Sleep for a long time, sleep quietly,
it is best to wake up late.
Sorrow will teach you soon,
while the day is quickly decaying,
that men love, lose, cry and mourn.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
04-03-2017, 06:21 AM
(04-03-2017 02:16 AM)SYZ Wrote:  It seems your only purpose on these forums is flog the product.

He's flogging his "model D"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post